Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica air system ski boots still usable?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going skiing for the first time in Andorra in a week, and my dad pulled down his old Nordica air system ski boots which are 20 years old but at the time ( he says ) they where some really good boots and cost a lot. Their in good nic and felt really comfortable when I tried them on and are my size. Would they still be better compared to modern hire boots your likely to find? Would they still be a viable ski boot even though they are so old.

They are the same as these if anyone needs a picture http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nordica-Air-System-Ski-Boots-Size-SX-9-10-/200579622445
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They were crap even when new, Just bin them, ancient ill fitting wellies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seb G, they might well be better than the cheapest hire boots, no idea on likely quality in Andorra.

However, do they really fit well and how do you know whether the pumping system is still intact (and the rubber, if it's rubber hasn't perished)?

I think they're a little older than 20 years - more like 30 ish... Iirc
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pretty old then Very Happy and yeh the pump system is all working fine and the rubber has't perished but i think i will just stick to the hire boots saves the hassle of bringing them all the way there to find out their not any good, especially as ski and boot hire has been paid for. I think Soldeu is pretty good with the hire gear from what my friend said as he's been out their before.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy