Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you think of my snowboard art?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Over the past couple of years, I have been creating snowboard graphics.
It would be great to have some feedback on your impressions of my work:

http://www.adetskas.net/index/portfolio/snowboard_graphics/

Thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like them!
The underground map one is very cool, as are the ones with the slightly gothic patterns.
I like! Very Happy
Julia
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very attractive, but excuse my rank ignorance: once purchased how do you actually get the graphic onto your snowboard?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It tells you here:

http://www.originalsnowboardart.com/MountingArt.aspx

It looks as if its a big bubble jet printed sticker
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks! They use a laminate that is fitted to your boards dimensions. All you have to do is peel off the backing and stick it on. I think after a year it fixes permenantly but before that you can actually remove it and put something else on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That is beyond smart.

Anyone know if there's anything similar for skis? I fancy a plain pair in matt black or British racing green - no graphics. Probably show the scuffs and scratches but there's always a price to be paid for style!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fifteen, thanks for sharing that little gallery with us - we don't do much art here.
One of the best designs I ever saw (though I think it was on a monoski - this was way back in the mid-1980s) was a kind of surreal piano keyboard. I reckon you could do something similar now and people would think it was an original!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fifteen, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Don't think it would work for skis Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith, something like ?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 13-09-05 8:01; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ian Hopkinson, it would and did work well for skis back when the topsheets were flat. It used to be called Ski Savers, available in clear or art design. I'm reliably informed that a clear analogue exists even today.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think the 'for skis too?' question is a good one. Why should boards have all the fun? I'm sure it could be done. The tops of skis are flat right?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fifteen wrote:
The tops of skis are flat right?

Not many of them are these days.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fifteen, some are, some have ridges on them though.

I like your work, are these boards you've finished or mockups?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fifteen, I think your work is very good and looks on a par with anything I've seen in the shops (but I'm no expert). I don't have any inkling as to what gender you are, but when my daughter was looking for a snowboard she wanted something a little more girlie to what was on offer, do you have any designs that would appeal more to girls? She wanted something with snowflakes, just thought if there is a gap in the market that's where you may have an advantage if you could fill it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you Marc. I think most of the boards on my site are also on originalsnowboartart.com and can be purchased from there. If one or two is missing, I'll just submit it to them and they'll post it. That's another thing, if any of you do art, you can submit it for consideration on that site.

IncogSkiSno, Thanks. I'm male but I have tried to cater to both male and female, some more overtly than others. I like the snowflake idea, it's funny how you dont' see that symbol enough. I think the artists just think it's too cliche or something, but that wouldn't stop me!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy