Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance......Again.

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry for another thread but can someone recommend me some insuance companies please. I have the bank cover through natwest which coves things but there is no mention of "recovery off the mountain" or anything along those lines, plus i want to try off piste so i will just buy some. I will only be going away for 1 week to France.

So, who do you use and are they any good?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder, If you already have cover with your bank, why not just take out Carte Neige when yo buy your ski pass. If recovery off the mountin is what you are looking for, they are second to none. Have a good holiday Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
genepi wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, If you already have cover with your bank, why not just take out Carte Neige when yo buy your ski pass. If recovery off the mountin is what you are looking for, they are second to none. Have a good holiday Smile

What is this exactly. Actually, ive already bought my pass it will be at the Chalet when i arrive there so i dont think i will be able to get it will i?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ricklovesthepowder, You can get it added on at a lift pass office and I would think it would be all the extra cover you need if you were skiing on piste. If your bank insurance doesn't cover off piste skiing, then you might have problems if you had an accident off piste. You would be whisked off the mountain because of the Carte Neige but what if you needed repatriation, who would cover that ? I don't know a lot about Carte Neige other than the rescue off the mountain but I'm sure someone will be along with more information.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

You can get it added on at a lift pass office

if it works in Chatel like it does here, you'd get a separate receipt for your insurance payment, and you need to keep that together with your lift pass - same pocket (the lift pass itself would carry some indication if you'd bought them together).

From your earlier posts you expect to be skiing mostly on piste, but maybe taking a lesson off piste too? That would be OK with most insurances - it's when you're off piste without a qualified guide or instructor that the insurance companies can get difficult.

But at least with Carte Neige/Carré Neige you won't have any concerns about getting off the mountain - though I would think most standard travel insurance policies would cover that (on piste at any rate) provided that winter sports are explicitly included.

Have a great holiday. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee, Is it Carte Neige, or Carre Neige??? Ive found this website http://www.carreneige.com/en/index.php which covers for on piste but its spelt differently to what your saying??? What would i do for off piste then, surely i would need another type of cover but which one?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder, Yes, I think there's some confusion over the Carte Neige and Carre Neige, however, the one you get with a weeks lift pass is the one you want. For a one off trip you can't go far wrong with Direct Travel who cover off piste skiing. They used to be great for multi-trip cover but unfortunately they have stopped that by changing it to a maximum of 17 days cover.

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/travel-insurance
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just an update to the Direct Travel situation. They now have added premiums for off piste and glacier skiing on their insurance which adds to the price but you can also include other sports judged less dangerous at no extra costs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

some confusion over the Carte Neige and Carre Neige

one covers whole season, the other you buy with your pass - even though I have the former, I can never remember which is which. Doesn't matter, though. Ask for 6 days cover (or whatever) at the lift pass office and you'll get the right one. about 2.40 euros a day, I think.

In our resort you have to go to the Club des Sports to get the season one.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 29-01-12 22:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarpa, So if I buy the insurance from travel direct, do I still need this carte neige thing as well or is it all covered under the one policy?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa wrote:
Just an update to the Direct Travel situation. They now have added premiums for off piste and glacier skiing on their insurance which adds to the price but you can also include other sports judged less dangerous at no extra costs.

They didn't have any extra premiums for off-piste a few weeks ago when I bought mine. Glacier skiing was extra then though.

Not that it is very relevant for me anyhow, I'm only *just* beginning to try a little bit, and have never been far enough away from the piste that I couldn't have been dragged back on before calling for rescue Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just checked Direct travel website this evening, and didn't see these extras either.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells wrote:
I've just checked Direct travel website this evening, and didn't see these extras either.

+1. Just been on again and there isn't an option to add anything other than Natural Catastrophe
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Regarding Direct Travel, I'm still awaiting payout for medical expenses following my accident on Christmas Day! Carte Neige paid for ski pass within a couple of days of arriving home......
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
genepi, On my previous experience start hassling them now.
They tend to lose your paperwork and then ask for more copies.
My offer to hand deliver the copies and then wait for the cheque to be written resulted in them suddenly finding my originals and I received a cheque at the end of the week!!
ski holidays
alex_heney, Sorry, you are correct. It's if you are doing glaciers that you pay extra. Same price covers stuff like ice climbing with guide, horse riding etc. Normal off piste is standard price. Ricklovesthepowder, Yes, if you go with them they do cover off piste without a guide.

I got the extra as I'll be skiing glaciers off piste with a guide again this year and lets face it, probably a place where there is a higher chance of needing a rescue.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy