Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick thank you and holiday update / report!

Poster: A snowHead
Firstly, a big thank you to everyone who replied to my posts helping me decide on where to go on holiday. In the end it was decided on Saalbach and I can honestly say it's the best holiday I've ever been on!

The weather was great, snow and skiing were awesome, apres ski was even better and Neilson's who we booked with were very good and organized a good range of activities on top of the skiing. Including ice carting, tobogganing, and snow boarding. My biggest achievement maybe being managing to get to the top of a T bar lift on a snow board haha (on the third try!). Don't think boarding is for me!

Got to love a country where it's cheaper to drink beer than diet coke and the lack of health and safety - seriously, where in the UK are you encouraged to play with hammer and nails in a bar whilst under the influence of alcohol!! lol. I'm now back home and in desperate need of a detox after spending a week living in bars lol. Favourites have got to be Otzi bar, Underbar and Costellos Very Happy

Big massive downer to the holiday though was my best friend busting her ACL Sad . It was her first skiing holiday and I feel very guilty having talked her into going! Luckily she didn't do it at the start of the week and even after doing it still managed to get to and from all the bars on her elbow crutches lol!

Anyway, thanks again. Here's a few pics of the week!

Drunkness in Otzi bar

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Millie10, Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself-I remember you from when you were planning your trip. How did your friend damage her ACL?

So are you hooked? And as you've learned most of us know skiing is better eh..........!? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great pictures! Hope spiderman wasn't one of yours Razz
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tony, nope, no idea who spiderman was but he was hillarious!

Grizwald .. I was hooked last year when I went on my first two skiing holidays lol! My friend was just very unlucky .. she was hardly moving at the time. She was in her ski school lessons learning how to parallel side slip (no idea it that's what you call it?!) and her knee twisted and went POP!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Millie10, fab pics, glad you had a great time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Millie10, OUCH. Sounds unsual though must have really twisted it awwardly not to realease.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think her pole was planted and stopped the ski from twisting so her knee twisted instead.

For anyone who's interested in travel insurance recommendationd - travel direct have been very good! Organizing extra plane seats and airport assistance ect.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Millie10, I think I was one of those advocating Saalbach, so a sigh of relief from me. Sorry to hear about your friend. Glad you enjoyed it. Your pictures of the 7K (Blue 2) are wonderful. What a great run it is. (And it's only blue on the left!)

snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good photos.

Except the Spiderman one. A bit tragic.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dude

looks fantastic

ok bye
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Millie10, Glad you enjoyed Saalbach. Bad luck with your friend - has it put her off skiing, or is she aiming to try again once her ACL is fixed?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think that will depend on how long and painful her recovery is?! The only positive is that we are both physio's so will do our best to get her knee right again!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I think her pole was planted and stopped the ski from twisting so her knee twisted instead.

Ouch. Very bad luck - that pole shouldn't have been there, the instructor wasn't paying attention!!

So glad the holiday was good - terrific pictures of the snow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Millie10, Very pleased you enjoyed Saalbach, great place for so many reasons.
Love the pics, i never seem to stop to take any to enjoy when i am back home.
Jealous though as i wanted to go to Saalbach the week of the 14th Jan but fully booked everywhere i looked unless it was mental prices.
Still France was good skiing but the beer prices. Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In the Spiderman picture - kinda worried about what the guy in yellow T-shirt (with blue stripes) is doing...

the other pics make me want to take my family to Saalbach.
snow conditions
Quote:

In the Spiderman picture - kinda worried about what the guy in yellow T-shirt (with blue stripes) is doing... the other pics make me want to take my family to Saalbach.
Whereas the Spiderman pic makes ME want to take my family to Saalbach Shocked
snow report
Glad you had fun, I like the way spiderman appears to be balanced on the empty beer glass!
ski holidays
Millie10, Fabulous pictures,and glad you enjoyed Austria.Not bad is it wink
Quote:
For anyone who's interested in travel insurance recommendations - travel direct have been very good!

You may have noticed that insurance is a popular topic at the moment.If you can find the time,I'm sure many of us would be interested in a first hand account of how your friend got on with ,I assume,Direct Travel?There seems to be a move towards the more expensive providers(Snowcard,Dogtag),and yet it,would seem,Direct Travel were very good to her?
I sincerely hope her recovery goes well,and that it does not stop her enjoying a wonderful sport in the future snowHead
snow report
Photos look lovely Em highly envious of all that sunshine. Fingers crossed I get some sunshine as well as snow in Val T in March Very Happy
snow conditions
Awesome pics Millie - so jealous right now! Very Happy
ski holidays
Well spotted Horizon! Very Happy
snow report
horizon, Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy