Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Isola 2000, snow, socks and a musical question.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It has not snowed in Isola 2000 since 2 January, but today it is snowing. Well of course it's snowing today. Today was our travel day, our day for driving up the road from Isola village which climbs some 1200 in about 15 kilometres..... in snow.

And today we did not have chains with us. Today we had socks. Socks are now legal, and conforming where the equipement obligatoire sign is up in France and what a difference they make! Both on in less than 5 minutes and away we went, up and round the tight hairpins with ease, leaving behind a goodly number of cars whose owners were still struggling to get their chains on. I was most impressed, but mindful that they may not be as durable as chains they have to come off at the earliest possible moment. There may be more severe conditions where chains would be better, but today's demo was perfect.

We encountered coming down towards us a snowplough with a plough sticking out on either side of it taking up the width of the entire road. I pulled as far in as I could and stopped but this monster just kept coming at me. This was new and quite scary, but just before reaching us, the side bits of the plough swung back like a bird folding its wings, opening out again as it soon is it had passed.

Now for the musical bit. No prizes, but can you guess what eerily appropriate song was by chance playing just as I decided that the road was filling in enough to need the socks on? Think Simon & Garfunkel.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
has to be a Hazy Shade of Winter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good but not right. It was "Slip Slidin Away"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy