Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Only 15kg for a board bag

Poster: A snowHead
Going to puy st vincent this weekend with Snowbizz and flying with Thomson. There are four of us going. So that would be four bags of 20 kg and a board bag of 15 kg, but we only want to take three and a full board bag. Can this be done, because Snowbizz say Thomsons will only allow 15 kg board bags! My board bag is all my luggage.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roughneck, can be down the checkin person at end of day. Last year (Thomson flight) we paid for ski carriage and put all our skis in a Head Monster bag, and despite being under the 23kg allowance at that point (now 15kg) we were asked to pay a further cost of ski carriage cause we had 2 sets of skis (actually had 5), despite the fact that we only had 3 other checked in bags for 5 of us, all under 20kg allowance. In the same queue people who hadn't paid for ski carriage managed to get their ski/board bags on Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I managed to get away with 3 pairs in a bag with Thompson last year, I had thought how easy it might be to get away with not paying at all and just joing the queue as boabski, mentioned.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes this can be done. The Board bag can be up to 35 kg or whatever the maximum weight is because the person that books the board bag is entitled to 20 kg plus the extra for sports gear.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
monkey, Don't think so max weight on any bag per their t&c's is 25kg
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roughneck, had the same problem, but they allowed me the allowance of weight so we had 15k hold bag and 20 k in the ski bag, therfore you would have 3x 20 and 1x15 = 75 kg for the whole group , but dont excede 25kg on any single bag
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Going to book in the day before and chance it,
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roughneck, good luck , if they pull you just make a show of emptying everything out and trying to cram it into hand luggage etc in the check in cue , but think its about £10/ kg excess charge
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thomson allow this year...20kg in hold which includes boots although they can be separate bag, plus 15kg ski carriage.

or

1 ski bag with all gear no heavier than 25kg with no hold bag.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've just spent the last couple of hours moving stuff between bags trying to get the ski/board bag down near to 15kg. Eventually slid my bindings off my skis and put them in the suitcase.... all these weight limits are a right pain!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi livertransplanplease, please could you tell me where you saw the info about Thomson allowing the 1 ski bag with 25kg max weight with all gear in it? I have a massive rossignol bag that I want to out everything in, just don't want to get to airport and have problems. Have paid for ski carriage.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
emlyn18 wrote:
Hi livertransplanplease, please could you tell me where you saw the info about Thomson allowing the 1 ski bag with 25kg max weight with all gear in it? I have a massive rossignol bag that I want to out everything in, just don't want to get to airport and have problems. Have paid for ski carriage.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/legal/baggage-allowance.html

Look under the "Ski Luggage Allowance" section

They allow as many bags as you like, within your overall allowance, but no one bag is allowed to be more than 25Kg. (23Kg on non-ski flights).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Alex, I am new to the terminology, but I am thinking a roller is the big Rossignol bag I am referring to, and that this can be my one and only piece of hold luggage with all my gear in it? Sorry, am being a bit dim!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just had a scan through Easyjet's T&C's http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/baggage.html and it's 12kg for sports bags, but the weight can be shared with other checked in bags.
For my family ski/board break we have booked 4 checked in bags and 2 ski/board bags. This gives us a total of 4x20kg & 2x12kg = 104kg
and that can be split between as many bags as we want. (I think Puzzled ) I was under the impression that it was 1 bag per person, but their site is quite clear : "For example:
One passenger travelling buys a bag and an additional sporting allowance. This gives an allowance of 2 items (which must include 1 sporting item), at a total weight of 32kg. However, if the sporting item is 18kg and the bag is 14kg then that’s fine with us!
Two passengers are travelling with one hold bag and two pieces of sports equipment. This gives an allowance of 3 items (which must include 2 sporting items), at a total weight of 44kg. The exact distribution of weight between baggage items doesn’t matter, subject to the maximum weights detailed above for health and safety reasons
"

and

"Each passenger who pays for a hold bag can take up to 20kg of luggage. This weight allowance applies to the passenger rather than to the bag "

I am a bit gutted to read this as there's no way the kids need 20kg each Crying or Very sad And cunningly enough, you can add bags to your booking but cannot take them off.

I am still curious as to whether airlines are charged per bag by the airport authorities.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I went with crystal ski this year (flew with jet2) and felt they(Jet2) were not very clear in the policy. Crystal were advising

- 20k for the main bag
- 15kg for a ski bag ski bags can only contain 1 pair of skis and
- boots cannot be in their own bag must be in the main 20k bag

What actually happened was people were putting there boots in separately but was included in their 20k allowance. Ski bags were not being checked so depending on the weight of your skis you could have a couple of pairs in easily.

Next time I am definitely going to chance it.
ski holidays
All checked in, we had two bags of 23kg and a board bag of 22kg for the four of us. A good nights sleep needed in the radison blue now.

Let it snow,let it snow!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy