Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board Bags

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just waiting for my new burton custom 158 to be delivered and I'm looking round online for board bags. I have narrowed it down to two; the burton wheely gig and the animal vici. Not sure which one to go for, as they are both similar so was hoping if anyone has or has owned either, I could get some personal experiences of either.
Any information or opinions would be great!

Burton bag - http://sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Burton_Wheelie_Gig_Snowboard_Bag_166cm_2012__true_black.html
Animal bag - http://www.simplypiste.com/products/Animal/ViciWheelyBoard-ChilliRed.aspx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On an unusual note, a friend has the Burton 166 which is a great bag, but there are loads of them out there, and picking yours out on the conveyor can be hard. The Animal bag is much more unique.

In fact, someone else picked his 166 up at GVA thinking it was theirs, checked the label and realising it didnt belong to him put it down behind the scrum at the claim area, it was only because I was suspiciously eyeing the idiot from a distance that we found it Shocked

Therefore, the Animal bag could be more muppet proof.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The new evoc bag is the best around and the coloured one would defiantly not get lost on the conveyor Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're looking in sail and ski look at their own brand bag, it's loads deeper than the burton. I get 3 boards, 3 sets of bindings, 3 pairs of boots and variuos items of clothing in plus a few other bits and pieces. Mind you I only carry it to the car and back at his end and into a chalet at the other.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got an Animal Vici. No complaints.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i also have a VICI , currently sat by my desk packed with 3 boards 2 pairs of boots and 3 sets of bindings. mine is blue check and does stamd out well at the airports.

we fly to geneva on saturday for a week in val thorens !!!! can't wait
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a Burton gig bag (like the wheelie gig minus the wheels). It's served me well. I have a green luggage strap I wrap around it (and pass it through the handle so it won't fall/slide off) so that it's easier to spot in the airport.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got the Burtons tactical kit bag, looks like something that SWAT use, the quality is excellent even if a little overpriced. The same goes for that trolley bag
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we have 2 coffin bags (bucks boarding) for several seasons which since last year have been relegated to the loft as got sick of a) having to pay 2x extra carriage for what effectively was your alloted luggage weight b) having to drag them miles round the airport with people moaning you are tripping them up & c) lugging them up several flights of tiny stairs in chalets with no lifts.

we now have one Burton shoulder board bag which holds 2 boards , bindings & helmets (boots go in normal wheely holdalls) making it cheaper and easier to manovere around all the other wheelie coffins on your flight & up the stairs wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have the Burton wheelie bag, and it does the job perfectly. Holds board, bindings, boots, helmet, clothes and other bits & bobs. It's pretty hard-wearing, comes with a handy shoulder strap for carrying around less manoeuvrable areas too. As mentioned above it's probably best not to go for black if you don't want it to look like one of many on the conveyor - mine is grey check and I've yet to see another one, although I've got a standout tag attached to it as well. I would highly recommend it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:

Bloody hell!! A ghost!

Nothing to do with an impeding trip of course... Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy