Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wearing Ski boots on Ryanair

Poster: A snowHead
I am off to (soon to be snowy) Turin next weekend, will Ryanair sulk horribly if I wear ski boots on the flight?

Anyone done it?

I can't find anything in the T&C to prohibit it!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haha....good thinking....but no doubt will break some safety rule for lack of mobility in an emergency.........
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Used to happen in 60s when passengers and their kit were weighed to fly. Did you just want to make a statement in the departure lounge? I suggest Strolz for the maximum impact everything else particularly if battered would look a bit naff.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
its just i resent paying to take them!

I can stick trainers in a pocket, get changed in Turin Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd put cat tracks on or something simlar or risk breaking your neck if/when you slip on a polished airport floor..... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We are heading to Turin on Ryanair this weekend, hope you are on our flight coz we have often thought about doing that but not sure about getting away with it! Let us know how you get on!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

We are heading to Turin on Ryanair this weekend, hope you are on our flight coz we have often thought about doing that but not sure about getting away with it! Let us know how you get on!
Thu 26 Jan, 12
21:33     

NEXt weekend for us... you won't miss us!! great tall fella and a short bloke clumping about in Ski boots looking ready to argue with official types!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
adam.b wrote:
will Ryanair sulk horribly if I wear ski boots on the flight?

Not at all.They will simply take them,book them as extra hold luggage(at an horrendous cost).....or,if you refuse,chuck them in the bin! And,if you really kick up,both you and your boots will remain in the UK Sad
I once witnessed a womans stilleto shoes being binned....potential dangerous weapons(no,I'm not joking...and neither were they Evil or Very Mad )And you think you can get away with ski boots rolling eyes
I'm tending to think you are joking........tell us you are Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you don't like Ryanair's conditions, why do you fly with them?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well funsters, yes I am serious, I can find no restriction in the t&c, I will back this up with an email to them today.

Why do I fly with them? They fly to Turin and I can afford
To use them the 5-6 times a year I need them...simple!

If there was another low cost option, I would use it, I sometimes use BA...if I am feeling flush Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pack the boots in your main suitcase. Take fewer clothes and other stuff to keep the weight down. Use up all your carry on allowance.
I wouldn't trust Ryanair, even with an email. snowskisnow has succinctly outlined what is likely to happen if you try wearing your ski boots.
Even if you get away with it at check-in I wouldn't relish getting through security with the boots on...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
adam.b wrote:
I am off to (soon to be snowy) Turin next weekend, will Ryanair sulk horribly if I wear ski boots on the flight?

Anyone done it?

I can't find anything in the T&C to prohibit it!!

Airport Security are going to love meeting you!

The jobsworths and sadist who are drawn to this type of work will enjoy ruining your day. The others will enjoy the kerfuffle you cause as a welcome break in their monotonous lives.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
adam.b, How are you going to get out of the plane quickly in the event of an emergency ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, wear them then get trampled to death in the rush to get off the flaming remains of the aircraft after the pilot puts it through the hedge on takeoff.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd say that wearing boots wouldn't prohibit my movement in case of emergencies... nor would I slip on the polished floors etc (although I might ruin them!).
ryanair can just say no... that is their speciality and the more you kick off, the more they love it and the less chance you have of flying!

Also.. have you considered how uncomfortable it is going to be crouched in a ryanair seat wearing the boots... you'll have problems getting your feat under the seats and be all twisted!

But..... as an experiment; please go for it and inform us all of the outcome... bet you don't have the guts and bend over and take it in the long-run!
latest report
Is looking like a complete twunt really worth the cost saving in this case? I think you realistically have a 50/50 chance of getting away with it, but everything from check-in, going through security to actually boarding the plane will become opportunities for bored officials to make your life hell. Plus you will have a 100% chance of looking like a dick Smile
ski holidays
uktrailmonster, +1. They'll go to town on you, and for the love of god, have some pride.
snow conditions
There is no reason why you shouldn't be allowed, the getting off in an emergency thing is nonsense, sure I've flown in crutches with my foot in a cast ( not skiing related!). However, you will be stopped.

Technically you will be right, in reality tho, never gonna get away with it!
latest report
Quote:

I suggest Strolz for the maximum impact

Cynic, Laughing
snow report
adam.b, you can book BA 360 days in advance and take 2 items of hand luggage -which includes your boots if they fit into the full IATA dimensions which BA use.
latest report
Oh please do it, and then put a video of you arguing with security on YouTube.
snow report
Saw someone try on a Jet2 flight a couple of years ago and they were made to put their (touring) boots in their bags.
ski holidays
I'm not sure the 'getting off in an emergency' argument would carry much weight. Aren't you supposed to take your shoes off in an emergency so you don't damage the exit slide?
snow report
olderscot,
Quote:

I'm not sure the 'getting off in an emergency' argument would carry much weight. Aren't you supposed to take your shoes off in an emergency so you don't damage the exit slide? Fri 27 Jan, 12
11:47

Quick

Have you tried taking of ski boots in a car ? I would not want have someone sat between me and the aisle wearing ski boots, because they would impeed my exit.

Quote:

There is no reason why you shouldn't be allowed, the getting off in an emergency thing is nonsense, sure I've flown in crutches with my foot in a cast ( not skiing related!). However, you will be stopped.

You don't have much choice if your leg is in plaster.. you do with ski boots...
ski holidays
Why cant you just put them in your suitcase? I put them in mine every time I go skiing and I am never close to the limit
latest report
Nice work everyone, keep up the amusing comments it makes for jolly reading!

Thank you "Alan's deep bath" that is the kind of help I was looking for.

I am awaiting confirmation from Stanstead of policy re footwear/sportswear in terminal and looking for an emaill address for Ryanair that allows for open text input (anyone help?)

We have checked t&c and nothing precludes it, I may well ensure there is enough space in our hand baggage for the naughty boots, no matter what!
(it's amazing how much you can wear if you HAVE to )
ski holidays
why not put em in a backpack and carry them on as hand luggage?
ski holidays
Quote:

Have you tried taking of ski boots in a car ? I would not want have someone sat between me and the aisle wearing ski boots, because they would impeed my exit.

Possibly. Personally, I wouldn't do it. But if you're going to then surely you only wear them when someone's checking and then put your trainers on and put the boots up in the locker during the actual flight.

Mike
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is there a locker on r/air ?
snow conditions
Cynic,
Quote:
Is there a locker on r/air ?
Yes...just put the pound coin in slot Twisted Evil
latest report
Skiboots aren't just for wearing on the snow ....

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loxhgw22BM1qc6mbso1_500.jpg
ski holidays
I tried carrying my ski boots twice as hand luggage (they were my only piece of hand luggage - not even a hand bag) the bag was under the weight for hand luggage but they were refused (once BA once LC carrier) - they could be used as a weapon was the reason for refusal both times. If you are refused to wear them then I imagine they will have to go in the hold not as carry-on. BA carried them FOC but had to pay through the nose with LC arline Crying or Very sad .
snow conditions
DB, Yeti Puzzled
ski holidays
A bottle of duty free Scotch could be used as a weapon, too... Hmm... Rules...
ski holidays
I've taken ski boots as hand luggage quite a few times, with easyjet, BA, Lufthansa and Flybe.

Never a problem. The airlines don't know I have ski boots in my hand luggage, and security never bat an eyelid.
latest report
The resaon you will get stopped by airport security from wearing your ski boots on a flight has nothing to do with safety or any other issue. They will stop you just because they can and because it will make their dreary lives a bit more interesting.

I can assure you that if Ryanair thought that people wanted to wear their ski boots on a flight, they would promote it as a benefit and charge you as much as they could for the 'extra' service they were providing.

Once everybody starts paying for wearing their ski boots then Ryanair will charge extra for Speedy Booting, where skiboot wearers who have paid extra will be allowed on the plane before everybody else.
snow conditions
DB, yet again you come up with the funniest pictures - what's your secret? Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

Well funsters, yes I am serious

loving your style Laughing
latest report
i dont think you would be allowed to wear ski boots on any airline even Ryanair for safety reasons.
snow conditions
On my return journey from Fuerteventura earlier in the year I had to pay for my hand luggage to go in the hold even though it fitted in the rack thing they have which says "if it fits, its on". The lady/biatch said if I didnt pay my luggage would be taken off the plane and I could not travel Obviously working to target and abusing her position.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy