Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania: Is it OK for a complete beginner and ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have just found good deal with Ski Beat at Chalet Emeralde in La Tania but have yet to confirm. Have never been there -so a few queries please:

1. My friend is a complete beginner - she will hoefully have had a few lessons at a dry ski slope -but it will be all new. It looks OK but better areas for beginners not so good for me (Intermediate) and financially not as good...hence decision to go here. But if not good for her then will reconsider

2. Does anybody have experience of: i) Ski Beat and ii) Emeralde

3. Any recommendations of good runs for her and me

4. Best ie cheaper places to eat in resort/mountain. Not looking for Folie Douce -just a good meal/drink - we are 50 now! ( Ouch!)...

Have looked on La Tania website and on forum -but a lot of stuff not very recent.

Thanks in advance for your time and input folks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd fully recommend la tania. Nice chilled resort with good access to a wide variety of slopes. pretty much perfect for beginners too - had two with us last year and they had great fun. The green back into resort can be a bit icy if you're unlucky, and is a bit narrow, but the blue is so wide that I'd almost always choose that to ski down... And definitely avoid the green on a snowboard. Once they've got a bit of confidence the run over to courchevel is nice and achievable, with lots of variety once you're over there.

Can't help with the chalet I'm afraid, but hope you enjoy la tania. Also one of the cheaper parts of the 3 valleys - we quite often pop back down to the village for lunch
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tinabf, if your friend is booked in to lessons the instructor will find the right slopes. It's unlikely, unless she is a natural, that she will cope very happily after a couple of dryslope lessons.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy