Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's easier to sue across the EU

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This article from yesterday's Telegraph states that a small claims procedure has been agreed across the EU which will make it easier to claim for faulty goods and services, personal injury claims and damage to property.
Whilst I am no fan of excessive litigation, hopefully this does mean that if someone skis (or snowboards Shocked ) into you on a piste in the EU and causes you an injury it will be easier to get some recompense. Of course if the accident is your fault (surely not the case for us responsible Snowheads snowHead ) the converse will apply.
I particularly like the bit about "No lawyers would be needed" Skullie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I pronounce this can of worms Open!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink, It's been interesting to watch the development of this over the last year and only 12 to 18 months before it's implemented . . . quite efficient for an EU project. Very Happy

boredsurfin, yeah . . . but by God it's going to be hilarious.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque,
Quote:

boredsurfin, yeah . . . but by God it's going to be hilarious.

Yep and that's just on snowHead 's wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
¿Qué? wink Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, Perhaps boredsurfin was implying that apart from anything posted here, it will be amusing to see how the proposed process itself works in practice Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, Slowly and with lots of paperwork . . . if the French have anything to do with. Skullie
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In the UK in recent years there has been a growth in "ambulance chasing" law firms encouraging people to sue for personal injury claims on a "no win, no fee" basis. I was once asked in the street by a representative of one of these firms if I had recently had an accident. I replied that I hadn't, but suggested to him that a good website name for his company would be suethebastards.com wink
Apart from the personal injury claims aspect, this EU plan also applies to faulty goods and services. Therefore potentially claims could be made relating to unsatisfactory travel arrangements, accomodation, meals, ski equipment purchase or hire. ski school instruction etc.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink, Some are better and well regulated than others. Many are only in it to pursue their cost through the insurance process and are just preying scum. A few (a very few) do the job properly and some already have affiliates in Europe for research and procedural advice.
Hire equipment is subject to lots of regulation and anyway who'd be daft enough not to carry 3rd. party insurance just for an eventuality? Especially when even a simple claim, by the time it's completed, can easily accrue costs in excess of 10K for one side alone!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Im not sure how it works in the UK.

Here in Holland it is compulsory for everyone to have third party liability insurance so you have no need to worry if someone sues you. Its very cheap as well I pay 28 Euros a year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton, A Dutch friend told me that even pets are insured in Holland so if you run a dog over you can get your car fixed on their insurance (er assuming it was the dogs fault !! Shocked - was he pulling my leg or is that true ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
True. Holland is run on Insurance you have it for everything if you dont your screwed rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty, the same would apply here if your dog [or whatever/whoever] was insured for just such an event. But Brits don't tend to insure themselves for personal injury due to the historical nature of state-provided health/social welfare. It's a cultural thing. C.f. the States where social welfare is minimal and self-interest legislation rules supreme - if you're not insured there, you really are as stanton says.

Alastair Pink actually lawyers don't do what you accuse them of. The people you get accosted by in the street are self-styled "claims handlers" who aren't lawyers or even legally trained, and who're only interested in their referal fee.

Will be "interesting" as to whether anyone will USE the new process for personal injury claims. Surely it's quicker and cheaper to just adequately insure yourself before leaving home, check into the nearest doctor/hospital if you get injured on the slopes, and then claim it on the insurance when you're repatriated. You're going to be paying for your medical expeneses out of your own pocket until either the insurer or the defendant pays up - I know I'd rather rely on a payout from an insurer!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy