Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoid CrystalSki and Jet2.com at all costs!!

Poster: A snowHead
sounds like you bought very cheap travel insurance. It's hard to hold a tour op accountable for delays in flights and missing luggage when there are so many factors involved such as ground handling companies, airports, airlines, tour operators coach companies. Swiss lost my bags and that was on an independently booked holiday - it happens and that is why you should buy decent insurance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
veletron wrote:
It does not matter anyway since nothing is claimable for delayed luggage on the return trip (just like 99% of travel policies if you read the small print). It covers for loss/damage, not delay. At £60 for a couple for a week, I don't consider it to be budget insurance.

I'm sure you don't want me like some Job's comforter banging on about it, BUT if you pay enough you can insure yourself against almost anything. Most people are happy to pay a bit less on the grounds that some parts are not insured.

e.g. (1) your first £250 of loss is not insured.
e.g. (2) any delay to baggage on return trip is not insured.

I have my own travel insurance policy in front of me which has no excess, and £750 cover for any purchase of essential items in the event of 4 hours' delay with no exclusions for the return journey. I'm not trying to be smug, just to point out that if you pay enough then you can cover anything.

I would just like to point out to you that your main aim with your ski insurance was to allow you to be taken off the piste (or off the off piste), and £50 seems quite cheap to me for that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am calm now because I have my bags (!), and the long-weekend's skiing up here turned out to not be worth the effort anyway!

Having had cause to look into this whole thing, it seems that missing bags to/from Chambery is a common occurrence - even if it does not generally affect 75% of the bags!! Its due to a variety of things including a short runway, and the associated weight limits. A 737-300 can't get airborne safely @ max gross weight. Apparently, there are also issues with landing in the event that the pilot needs to 'go around'. There are a few ways around this. a) Lower baggage limits to make folk bring less? b) Higher ski carriage charges? c) Don't sell all the seats on the aircraft, and charge folks a wee bit more d) Offload fat-blokes in order to make room for more bags (!!??!!).

Personally, I think a 100KG limit per passenger, and a set of scales in front of the ticket desk is the way forward!! I guess that would be seen as a fat-tax though!

Nigel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Personally, I think a 100KG limit per passenger, and a set of scales in front of the ticket desk is the way forward!! I guess that would be seen as a fat-tax though!

I have wished for this MANY times! A few years ago on the way to Eygpt a friend and I had diving kit with us, my friend super lshort and super skinny and she was 2kg overweight wiht her diving kit and had to pay some rediculos charge while two humongous fatties in front get to check in just fine.

On another fat-people-on-airplanes related rant, you should also have to sit in a seat at check in and if you fat arms don't fit in one seat then its itme to buy anotehr ticket - totaly unreasonable taking other peoples arm sapce. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kat.ryb, Sounds like something "Jerry Sadowitz" once said to an audience member.. as he asked for someone to assit his magic trick.... "No,No not you sir....your too FAT !!!!!!.......
(this is not the view/opinion of Glensheeferg!!!!) wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lol, I suffered when flying back to the UK from Seattle. I was put between a couple of burger-munchers who overflowed their seats. Some airlines do have a rule for long haul where they make obese folks pay for 2 seats.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scotland doesn't look much cop for skiing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
emwmarine wrote:
Scotland doesn't look much cop for skiing.

Lol. Well its pretty ruddy poor this year, but I had some fantastic days the previous two seasons. I've had 3 days this season, the previous 2 seasons I had 20+ days.

Scotland is the best country in which to ski within the UK!!! A fairly poor claim to fame!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
veletron,Us also.. Its on our doorstep... and me and mrs do our upmost to support our scottish ski areas..on a good day its hard to beat..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Indeed... the trick with Scottish skiing is to go with the flow, don't plan anything, just set off for the slopes if the webcams/reports from the previous day look good. I am lucky enough to be 1.5Hrs from Glenshee/Glencoe, and about 2-5-3 hours from Cairngorm/Nevis range. I also have a campervan, and generally make a weekend of it.

If the season does not pick up soon for Glenshee, they'll be asking for donations! Hopefully they stashed some cash from the previous 2 good seasons. A few full-carpark weekends, will see Glenshee at least break even. Glencoe in contrast is doing quite well this year (the west got more snow).

Cairngorm: http://www.veletron.com/php/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=16149

Nigel
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
veletron, well if those pics aint an advert for scottish sking....... quality Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
These pics were from 3rd April 2010 - loads of snow! http://www.veletron.com/php/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=16754
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crystal customer services: slm.customerservices@tuiski.com
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
veletron wrote:
These pics were from 3rd April 2010 - loads of snow! http://www.veletron.com/php/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=16754

Does look good. Is it like that now?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nope, unfortunately not. Its looks pretty poo-poo at the moment.

Here's Glencoe at its best though: http://www.veletron.com/php/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=19102
ski holidays
One should never complain on SH. It's fuel to the flames. Best put everything into perspective, after all most TO's can't be ALL bad otherwise they'd go out of business.

I do feel for the people who've has the most torrid times though, that get told by various posters that they are being unreasonable complaining because said poster has had "a wonderful experience". I wonder what will happen when the same happens to them, will they be just as understanding?

It's an Internet forum, people post about bad experiences. I think the best thing would be for the various TO's to monitor them and perhaps comment?

Anyway MY experience of a TO trip was OK to a degree but not amazing. As an independent traveller, I feel more in control. The earlier comment about delays leading to having to "sort yourself out" was quite pertinent to me last night when my BA flight was cancelled on the tarmac. BA were actually very good and got me a hotel and a flight back today.

The important thing is we get to spend our time enjoying this wonderful pastime. Even if it is a bit of a nightmare to actually get there (wherever there may be) and back sometimes. Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy