Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coach to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all. My first posting, so give me a break..

Myself and 2 other gents want to ski in Austria, preferably Mayrhofen, week starting 24 March. Does anyone know of a coach firm that goes to Austria. We live in Dover and used to use Snowcoach but alas they no longer go to Austria.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peeter, not sure about coaches but it is doable by train. Ashford to Paris, Paris to Munich, Munich to Jenbach (might need a change), Jenbach to Mayrhofen. Might be more comfy than a bus. Rail Europe should be able to quote you.

There you go, that wasn't too painful snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for reply Bode.

Only "firm" using coaches I've found is called Oak Hall. Their packages are good value but are designed for young Christians. Rules me out on both. I have emailled them anyway. Their coaches go via Chunnel to Italy, Austria & Switzerland.

I've considered trains, but coaches are soooo convenient, especially living here on the corner.

Lots of coaches to France but we love Austria so much more....

We'll probably end up flying again. Always a hassle...

Regards
Pete
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Austrian tourist site believes there are some...
http://www.austria.info/uk/how-to-get-there/austria-by-coach-1169309.html
The link seems to finally end up at the National Express web site, might be worth giving them a call (but I would guess the destination will be Vienna rather than salzburg/Innsbruck).
Don't know if it's even worth a try but you could try calling other coach companies (Shearing, Leger etc) and see if they have any coaches running for some of their tours and see if you could try and hitch a ride ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peeter - I went on 2 oak hall ski holidays years ago -mid 90s. The coaches were comfortable with reclining seats and the journey didn't seem too bad. The accommodation was also very good - nice hotels. The holidays were excellent value all round and the other people were friendly. I was young when I went (early 20s) but there were some older people (they seemed old but they were probably about 40 Toofy Grin ). One of the places I went with Oak Hall was Zillertal - lovely hotel and great ski area (think it was hoch Zillertal).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peeter, I help out an Oak Hall trip every year and you will find that they are not all either young or Christians. I've never felt out of place and am now the wrong side of 50. Checking the age range for trip I'm going on in Feb, 27 of the 44 guests are 40yrs+

All the Oak Hall team will be Christians (as will a good number of the guests) and there is a "religious" meeting each night but it would be easy to avoid that part and you would not be alone if you went to the pub instead. They won't be "out to convert" you and (hopefully) you will just find them just very nice and helpful individuals.

I've not been to Zillertal, though I know many that have and hear that hotel is one of the better ones (though that is a relative term!).

Some advantages and disadvantages of Oak Hall:
Advantages
Cheap/good value
Friendly people
English ski instructors

Disadvantages
Their kit is a bit on the "well-used" side so it might pay you to hire locally if you don't have your own
The accommodation can be a distance from the slopes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If your 2 days flexible on dates and into comedy this could be a great way to get to Mayrhofen via coach and see some top stand up comedy.

http://www.altitudefestival.com/

I went with snowcoach to mayrhofen last year, glad I did being their last season. We left Dover around 4 or 5pm and got to Mayrhofen by 7am i think.

If you do go I reccomend getting the bus to Hintertux glacier for a day and also taking the tuxer 150 lift over to eggalm and raskogel. End of march conditions will be better up there than on main penken slopes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Contiki? Don't know anything about them, but looks to a Wallace Arnold for younger people! They seem to have a week to Hopfgarten (Skiwelt) on a coach with a week in a chalet for £380. No idea what's included in that.

http://contiki.co.uk/destinations/europe/tours/235-austria-ski-plus-coach-from-london-1-week#[/url]
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all for your help. We shall mull it over. We've done Mayrhofen many times and I'd like to go back into the Zillertal. The comedy fest sounds great. Still no reply from Oak Hall. Contiki is a definite probable for next year as no coaches in March. This forum has been so helpful that I shall soon open another thread/question about availability of Belgian beer (Trappist or Abbey). Thanks again. Pete
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peeter, I'm surprised Oak Hall have not emailed you back, maybe there has been a problem somewhere. Give them a call on 01732 763131
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi I have just considered Mayrhofen for the 24th - we normally go to Zell or Salbach. There is a group of us (9 in total) few beginners and on a budget. Little worried it may be more crowded for this time of the year because of the Festival - Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy