Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you a recommend a British Ski School in Val D'Isere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I'm going skiing on Sunday to Val D'Isere and I'm looking for a British Ski School, run by british instructors rather than french instructors speaking english. Can anyone recommend any good ones. I'm not sure if I'm going to join ski school for the whole week or just have a few private lessons.

Many thanks

Carolli28
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I forgot to mention that I'm on a tight budget. The holiday is booked with Mark Warner and there's a free ski hosting service for the full/half day so I'm not sure it'll be worth getting ski lessons on top. I'm confident on blues and greens and can do reds if I take my time and concentrate. From the research I've done so far most ski schools only offer private lessons for a minimum of 2-3 hours. I'd only want a 1 hour ad hoc lesson.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used Progression some 3 years ago; Brit run, but the kid`s instructors were French, speaking excellent English. I am not sure why it cost so much, but that could be down to the "gifts" at the end ( video etc ) and the fact that it is Val. Much better than ESF but several times more expensive. Most French instructors speak good English.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Snow Fun and say exactly what you want.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.steveangus.com Steve is a top top instructor
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I'd only want a 1 hour ad hoc lesson.

I'd suggest 1.5 hours - likely to be quite a bit more useful, and not a whole heap more expensive.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret wrote:
www.steveangus.com Steve is a top top instructor
+1
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to skimottaret and Spyderman for the endorsement - your cheque is on the post - haa haa.

But seriously just a couple of comments.

I very much doubt any schools (non that I know of anyway) will do any less than 2 hours of lessons. By the time the instructor gets to you, goals are established, you have a run, catch one lift - that is the end of the session - not the best use of time for anyone. The ONLY time in 7 years teaching in Val that I have done anything less than 2 hours is with a 3 year old and that was 1.5 hours. Most schools do only do 2 hours minimum.

Second point...
Quote:
I'm looking for a British Ski School, run by british instructors
If you truly mean exactly that then you only have one choice - that is TDC, the school I work for. However others are right there are other nationalities of instructors out here - if you don't speak English you are not going very far in Val. However the subtitles of the language and the ability to explain in non pigeon English does mean that native English speaking is what you are after I suspect!

If you are thinking of a few private lessons as you say then you could consider one of our clinics which are good value and have a maximum of 6 people in them... they are €215 for 3 days x 3 hours per day and usually run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning - that way you do not have to commit to a whole week of group sessions!

Have fun whatever you decide.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've used these guys before and been very happy: http://www.ultimatesnowsports.com/index.htm

£135 for 3 days * 3 hours - or ask nicely and they may honour last years cheaper prices: http://www.tignes.co.uk/ultimate_lessons.htm

English, young, lots of fun but very capable.

aj xx
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steve Angus wrote:
Quote:
I'm looking for a British Ski School, run by british instructors
If you truly mean exactly that then you only have one choice - that is TDC, the school I work for.

Has your Danish instructor changed nationality Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sounds like someone has a bee in their beanie rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy