Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hinterglemm, ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can someone recommend a ski hire shop close to the centre..ta
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Worried....Is there really no one who can recommend a ski hire shop in Hinterglemm?!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey - give us a chance to reply!

There are several rental shops in the centre of Hinterglemm: Rabbit Sport, Gumpold, Hervis Sport, I think that the Snow & Fun ski school also do rentals. There is a huge amount of competition in Saalbach-Hinterglemm, so prices and service are keen. Hervis Sport is a new retailer to Hinterglemm, but part of a national chain. They have shaken up the somewhat complacent local shops with respect to price, both for rentals and equipment sales. Go first to whoever your tour op or hotel recommends. If you're not happy with price/availability/staff interest then just go next door as all of the shops are almost next to each other on the main street.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
quinton, Thankyou.I've looked at the TO's details and they only have basic stuff for kids,cheap enough but not suitable,so decided to look elsewhere.Do you know if I'd get a better deal by booking online at another ski shop or is that just a sales pitch? The ski hire shop that the TO uses is below the hotel Pinzgauerhof,I don't know what it is called.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in pinzgauerhof last week and theres no hire shop below, we stayed there with inghams and some of our group used gumpold for hire which seemed pretty well stocked out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sellerselectrical,Thanks. That's where we are staying,so not sure what they ment when they said it was in the same building.How was your trip?It's our first visit to Hinterglemm and Austria.Any other top tips? I will look at gumpold.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
swimandski, I don't know enough about the individual shops to recommend one in particular. Pinzgauerhof is opposite the Reiterkogel lift, where there is also a large rental shop, whose name escapes me. As I said. all of the shops are almost next to each other, so look online for the most interesting deals, then visit the shops when you arrive. Some shops offer a discount for online booking. Outside of the main season they might also do a deal for customers who walk in. In the main season/school holidays they probably won't be so keen. Hervis have had some very keen deals on sale skis and boots.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[b]quinton[/bThankyou for your advice
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed in Hinterglemm over New year and used the Gumpold, only 100 yards from the Pinzgauerhof, very pleased with quality of the ski hire for my daughter (Volkl Estrellas for £100/week).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wouldn't use Gumpold again. Was there a few weeks ago with some mates. For one of us, they did the bindings up much too tightly, so much so that it took him about 5 mins to get the ski on with a few of us helping. we went back the next day and they sort of fixed it but were very ungracious about the whole thing.

We stored skis overnight at the Ski n Soul shop by the new U Bahn gondola. People there were friendly and helpful. I'd try there or one of the other places mentioned.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
swimandski, Things to enjoy in Saalbach-Hinterglemm:

Night skiing every night - 10 minutes walk from the Pinzgauerhof on the opposite side of the main road. You can enjoy the cheesy europop at the outdoor bar at the Schwartzach while watching the skiers (it's also stunning inside).

Good food and stunning views at the Rosswaldhutte (above the Reiterkogel lift).
Good food and the cosiest atmosphere in the Pfefferalm (on the route down from the Reiterkogel).
Goats at the Goasstall - just above your hotel.
Even cheesier music at the Walleggalm - but a good outdoor atmosphere on a sunny day

Freestyle show in the centre of Saalbach - most Thursday nights at 20.30, but check the posters for dates
The day-tour to Leogang via Saalbach - eat at the Alte Schmiede or the Atzitz Brau

and a whole lot more...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
quinton, Thanks,can't wait. Never done night skiing,so that is on the cards...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy