Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ever queue jumped?

Poster: A snowHead
Ever used lesson queue jumping to snake first chair on a powder day?

Imagine how bad it feels to be laughed at and jeered for 10 minutes

http://youtube.com/v/SU-B0s8Yt24&feature=player_embedded#!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I LOVE this, bit tight of them to cheer at her, but none the less brilliant.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Without wishing to use foul language... but I feel I need to... the guy with the camera seems like a bit of a frat-boy, immature, dickhead.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Immature would have been "accidentally" clicking her out of her bindings on the second attempt
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, you got to tell the whole story - having queued for over an hour along with about 150 other people, then having a ski instructor jump in for the first chair Sad

Then even worse having to wait over 10 mins for her to get back and get on the chair.

On a powder day.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And look at that pathetic excuse for a snow shovel!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It looks to me like the lift attendant gives her a push which causes her to fall over.

It then takes the lift attendant numerous attempts to find and hit the emergency stop button.

I think the lift attendant played a big part in 'embarassing' the 'queue jumpers' !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob wrote:
Ever used lesson queue jumping to snake first chair on a powder day?

Yeah, it was funny.

I was laughing and birding from the chairlift at all the losers stuck in the liftline down below while I headed up to spray some powda Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bones, That looks like the Gem Lake chair at Big White. I doubt anyone would have queued there for more than a couple of minutes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
have to say i didnt find it funny, just a bit annoying listening to the camera guy and his mates shouting and jeering!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
uktrailmonster wrote:
Bones, That looks like the Gem Lake chair at Big White. I doubt anyone would have queued there for more than a couple of minutes.

They're queuing for the first lift though so have perhaps been there for a touch longer in order to score the coveted first spot. Like the crazy people that camp out queuing for tickets to events you'd be pissed if someone jumped the line.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There's a woman shouting at the beginning that she'd been there since 7.30 am...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nobody comes out well in that video. Cameraman sounds like a dick
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Nobody comes out well in that video

Oh so true.

My motto... Everyone was a beginner once. Everyone falls off a chair in the end.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Am I being really thick? If they were on a lesson then aren't they entitled to use the lesson lane and its not actually queue jumping?
latest report
They might be entitled to use the skischool lane aye, but I would consider it good form to maybe let the first few in the que up first before taking your class, they have been waiting afterall and at one point you can see a fairly large que behind them.
ski holidays
kat.ryb, Not about entitlement just good etiquette particularly where people have queued for some time for the chair to open. I've seen classes snowballed heavily in more militant resorts for the same sort of thing and other places with "privilege" queues have express rules that they can't be used first chair.
snow report
uktrailmonster, It is and they did Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
miranda, Well considering that chair opens at 8:30 am she simply arrived an hour too early. Queues for the Gem are usually non-existent, even on a big powder day which that clearly wasn't from looking at the trees. Nine times out of ten you'd be on the first 10 chairs if you arrived there at 8:25 am (apart from President's week and New Year). When he looks around at the end you can see there is a bit of a queue on both sides, maybe 40 or 50 people max.
ski holidays
Tame for first chair on a pow day, everyone knows the saying 'no friends on a pow day' - let alone random queue jumpers!! The jeering was a bit dickish, but I can understand the sentiment!
snow report
MattMattMatt, fatbob, OK fair enough - I've never managed to quite make it out on time to queue over an hour for the first lift! Very Happy
latest report
uktrailmonster, she got there at 7.30 and still wasn't first in the queue. If she'd got there at 8.30, she'd have been behind 50 other people. I can't see how that equates to a) that woman getting there an hour too early or b) queues being non-existent at that lift Puzzled
snow conditions
I think it is wrong that adults taking lessons are allowed to queue jump. We all pay good money to use the lift systems, so everybody should have equal access.
I accept that small children in lesson groups should be given easy access to lifts for their safety.
ski holidays
Mr Marmot, Nah, if you spend £+++ on a one or two hour lesson then surely its right that you spend that time skiing and not standing in queues?
snow report
Whoopin n a hollerin Yanks. Thank god for earphones and loud music.
snow report
kat.ryb, You contracted with the ski school not the lift company when you bought your lesson - if you're lucky the ski school has stitched up a deal for priority access but it's a privilege not a right. Resorts that allow absolutely priority to classes or race clubs (rather than on say on a 1 chair for 4 basis) really pee me off as they can result in total cluster****s on the wrong lift at certain times of day.

The race club example is why it's pretty unlikely Chill Factore will ever see any of my money again.
snow conditions
fatbob, Well absolute priority would be rubbish, but most places I've seen have an ESF lane and one pupil gets on every chair so its not too big an issue. I'd be pretty annoyed if a team of 30 race kids dressed in lycra got to queue jump ahead of me all in one go though! rolling eyes
latest report
If those people have paid more to get first lifts, they get first lifts, dude who filmed this seems like a douche. Generally in North America the ski school and the lift company are one and the same, they get to decide who gets on when. So it's a right, not a privilege.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Probably a privelege not pointed out in resort advertising and neither when purchasing a lift ticket. Hence annoyance I suppose.
ski holidays
God Bless America, after seeing that i will stick to Europe.
snow report
May be the North American skiers enjoy queues to enable the resort owners get away with a small number of chairlifts in their resorts. The biggest North America resort of Whistler/Backcomb has 32 lifts.

In Europe both French 3V and the Italian Sella Ronda have 200+ lifts.

The American skiers also develop a multi-direction queuing system in which there may be up to 3 queues, all in different directions, meeting at one chairlift. This system need a couple of lift attendants to act as marshals or crowd control. Never seen such thing in European resorts. The nearest we have here is the single skier queue or the ski school queue but they are part of the one queue system in one direction.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy