Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adventures in carbon skis...

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone come across Black Powder skis? I was stroking some in the shop yesterday, very light and very black.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ww166no, that is the "official distributor" for Chamonix and where I got my skis. Excellent service and they have 112s to demo.

I don't think they've got 99s in, but it's worth asking.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FlyingStantoni, what are their prices like for the pure skis? Couldn't find it on their website...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999, 980 euros collected from the chalet. I thought that was reasonable as DPS quote $160 shipping to the UK on top of their price. It also meant that I didn't have to mess around with customs. Asa ordered them in and it took about a week for them to be ready for collection. She didn't wait until I'd paid until she ordered them in, which is good.

The only downside is that Asa wanted paying by bank transfer to a Norweigan bank account, which was fine but a bit a faff. All worked fine though.

MrsFS collected them for me and took them to David in Sanglard Sports to have the bindings mounted. When MrsFS picked up the skis from Sanglard they waived the 12 euro fee on the basis that they liked the skis!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FlyingStantoni, thanks - I've sent them a mail, name-checking snowheads . . . wasn't too sure they'd know who FlyingStantoni was! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FlyingStantoni,
Quote:

- yellow ski pants
- blue jacket
- lime(ish) yellow boots (that absolutely do not go with the trousers)
- green helmet
- orange poles
- fushia Buff
- red skis

My eyes are hurting just thinking about this, but next time I'm contemplating skiing in poor visibility, please will you be my guide? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I skied the Wailer 112RPs in Tignes with Asa and David, great ski, but only managed a small run on them cos I got cramp Shocked not the skis fault my own fault in new boots.

They feel like a few other wide tip and tail rocker skis I have tested, but not as difficut to ski as many, hoping to get to see Asa and Davd again to test some more during March Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You never know wink wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ww166no, They have no 99 in stock , been looking for a while Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The 99 was only a very limited release this season
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno, When does the 2012 release begin?? Am thinking of a summer trip to chile and would like to get fixed up for that
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, I've finally gotten around to tuning my DPS skis - which, of course, I should have done about 5 weeks ago.

As with all skis, don't believe the tech sheet. Whatever the skis were set to, they certainly didn't have the advertised 1 degree base bevel.

I've now set the tuning at 1 degree base and 3 degrees edge angle. All the grabbiness has now gone and they hold an absolutely ferocious edge.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Snow Heads

Im the UK/Swiss/Austrian Sales manager and DPS Demo man. just looking trough all this and will try to give some responses regarding comments and questions. fell free to shoot any questions at me in this thred and i will try to give you as much info as i can.

im not hear to do the hard sell just answer questions and talk deep powder Smile

My back ground with DPS go's back about 8 years or so from skiing with Stephan Drake in switzerland and then joining his on a trip to alaska. iv beena fan and watch the skis develop over the past years and after last ISPO came on to the DPS Team to develop and service are UK and European markets.

Mike
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got a little more fresh last weekend on my 112s. Only about 12cm new snow on top of tracked crud and it's clear they need a tune, as per FylingStantoni above.

As an experiment, I spent half a day on a pair of K2 somethingorothers, 86cm underfoot, billed as all mountain, just to try and assess the Wailer edge hold in comparison to something slimmer - my conclusion: I'd rather ski the Wailers, even in manly bumps at 4pm than the vile K2 things!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Well, I've finally gotten around to tuning my DPS skis - which, of course, I should have done about 5 weeks ago.

As with all skis, don't believe the tech sheet. Whatever the skis were set to, they certainly didn't have the advertised 1 degree base bevel.

I've now set the tuning at 1 degree base and 3 degrees edge angle. All the grabbiness has now gone and they hold an absolutely ferocious edge.

Good to hear, I Assume this makes a huge difference to their on piste behaviour??
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Welcome to snowHeads DPS.
snow report
Huge improvement kitenski. Well worth the time / effort.

I must admit that I could / will be spending more time on the bases as I only had 15 minutes to do them and was using a portable bench that is great for edging and waxing, but absolutely rubbish for doing base bevels.
ski holidays
DPS, Just bought the new wailer 99 hybrid , setting them up with baron's for a all mountain / day touring ski, can't wait to get on them Cool , what are folk saying about the 99 ?? , any advice re tune/ detune ??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy