Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Groupon: ADH free apartment and subsidised lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
This landed in my inbox which looks pretty cheap to me: Seems to be £553 for four people in a flat, including lift passes, in Vaujany. They were advertising it last week too. That's £138 each for a week's passes and bed. When a week's pass is normally nearly £200...

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/groupon-getaways/snowtrex/2784288?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_21&a=2463
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That looks fantastic value. I've just paid the deposit on apartment of 75 Euros but it's almost worth kissing that off for this. Anyone see any catches? I've only used Groupon once for a free Lovefilm trial.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like a bit of a bargain if you can arrange transport for a decent rate too.. Not had any problems with groupon in the past, their terms are provided up front on the page with the offer..

Quote:
Booking required by phone: 020 3365 3315. Non-cancellable; 31 day modification policy for £22 per person surcharge. Check-in from 5pm; check-out by 9.30am. Excludes €0.35 per person per day tourist tax. Refundable deposit of €300 payable on arrival. Bed linen incurs €8 supplement per person. Includes 6 day Grande Galaxie lift pass. Turkish bath and sauna pass valid for one use only and cannot be taken separately by individual guests. Excludes flights and transfers. Original value based on chalet rack rate. Valid for option purchased only.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There appears to be a free resort bus from Grenoble... so you'd only pay for a cab from somewhere outside ADH.

Only catch appears to be €300 deposit refundable on arrival - presumably they have some sort of deal with the resort whereby the passes have actually to be used?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there are busses from Grenoble Station up to Vaujany, although they aren't that frequent IIRC
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A deposit is pretty standard for apartments. Well, I've always been charged one.

I would br driving so no issues.

Anybody used or know much about Snowtrex? Not a name I'm familiar with. Are they sound financially? Or could this offer be a last desperate throw of the dice? Not that I am cynical or anything Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As it's the same price for 2 people or 4 people doesn't that imply it's a per person price? Or is it just me?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
actually - no, looks like I'm wrong, as the reduction is much bigger on the deal for 4. So to me it looks like a storming deal.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:
A deposit is pretty standard for apartments. Well, I've always been charged one.

This appears to be a deposit that you're given back when you arrive, not one you pay when you arrive!

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-28975.html people have been asking these questions for years. Personally I've no idea, but if you book with a credit card you should be fine.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

This appears to be a deposit that you're given back when you arrive, not one you pay when you arrive!

Nope it says:

Refundable deposit of €300 payable on arrival.

I can't think why anybody would charge you a deposit on booking and then give it back on arrival. This is a deposit against damage and breakages.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
seems obvious, but has anyone confirmed that EVERYONE gets a 6 day pass. Tried calling but the number was engaged

"Six day Grande Galaxie lift pass each

In a self-catering apartment with a six day ski pass and one use of Turkish bath each"

No mention of person in lift pass and I read that the use of the Turkish bath is only once per group.

I currently have flights booked to land in Lyon 17 April, so this is tempting, but would either mean a partial week on my part or going the same time as the End of Season bash which I was tentatively planning on doing. Waiting to hear back from a few friends, but would be interested to hear if anyone is going that timeframe.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Layne, I think your interpretation is probably the better one. Embarassed

(I could. If the holiday company were getting a kickback for bringing extra people into the resort.)

MEfree30, I doubt anybody has confirmed anything. The whole ad is pretty badly worded - see deposit point...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The wording is clear IMO.

Quote:
Six day Grande Galaxie lift pass each

The crucial word being each obviously.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MEfree30, I think this is pretty clear.....

Quote:
The Deal

Seven night stay for two or four in a self-catering accommodation
Stays for two in 35m2 apartment
Stays for four in 40m2 apartment
Six day Grande Galaxie lift pass each
Turkish bath or sauna session
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pretty sure I understand the deposit part (although I am not sure how much a final cleaning is if you don't do it yourself), but am actually confused about the lift pass-

According to http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/France/Alpe_d_Huez.html Alpe d'Huez is part of the Alpe d’Huez grand domaine Ski Area...other Alpe d’Huez grand domaine Ski ski resorts of Auris-en-Oisans, Oz-en-Oisans, Vaujany and Villard Reculas.

while http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/France/Grande_Galaxie.html The Grande Galaxie Lift Pass allows you to ski or snowboard in any of the ski resorts of Briançon, La Grave, Les Deux Alpes, Puy Saint Vincent and Serre Chevalier.

If this is correct, they are technically saying that they are selling you lodging in one place and a ski pass for elsewhere. There might be some reciprocity (and hopefully, they just mis-typed), but I can't confirm exactly

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 25-01-12 17:33; edited 2 times in total
snow report
hammerite, Layne, I think you are likely right, but why don't they say each PERSON (or alternatively each BOOKING, similar to how each booking only gets one trip to the Turkish bath, that all can use at the same time, but not separately) Normally I wouldn't question this, but it is a very good price.
latest report
surely its per person. but the wording is very unclear and no real details
snow report
just been on the snowtrex site and priced up an alternative holiday and it gets you to point of confirmation before doubling price for 2 people. group on offer may be different but certainly would not buy without confirming
latest report
MEfree30, The ADH lift pass conditions say:

Grande Galaxie: Ski+ passes valid for 6 days or more on the
Grand Domaine Ski at Alpe d’Huez also entitle holders to access
the Grande Galaxie ski area (excluding complimentary passes,
passes benefiting from special conditions, free passes and
Grands Seniors passes). Without calling at a cash desk, holders
may ski for 2 days at Les 2 Alpes*, 1 day at Serre
Chevalier/Briançon, and 1 day at Puy Saint Vincent. If they call
at a cash desk and present the proof of purchase issued at the
same time as their pass, they are entitled to ski for 1 day at
Montgenèvre/Via Lattea.

http://www.snowtrex.co.uk/france/alpe_d_huez/vaujany/les_valmonts_de_vaujany/ski_area.html - they have obviously got the terminology a bit botched.
snow conditions
Yeah, I think it's a just a screw up on the part of Snowtrex.

Incidently the company is German, if it makes any difference..

http://www.snowtrex.co.uk/company/contact/legal_notice.html
ski holidays
An American sounding woman just called me back from SnowTrex- confirmed that you get either 2 or 4 Grande Galaxie lift passes that include all of Alp d'Huez plus limited days elsewhere including 2A and Chev.

You need to provide the names and birth dates of the people going with you.

I am already booked to arrive in Lyon 17 April, but am having trouble finding flights for a friend into Grenoble (GNB?)
snow report
MEfree30, have you tried Skyscanner.net? Chambery is a similar distance to Vaujany as Grenoble to Vaujany - although you'll be going past Grenoble on your trip from Lyon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy