Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board theft in La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from our trip to Peisey and thought this tale may amuse/inspire/whatever.

A fellow snowboarder had his board pinched from outside the ice cave up on the glacier over at La Plagne. He'd noticed that the guy in charge at the entrance was laughing about with his mates getting hammered etc on the way in. Came out and board was gone. Suspicious... Anyway, he goes down to the Gendarmes in town to report the theft - mentions his suspicions and so on, copper is interested but says he doesn't hold out alot of hope etc, sorts paperwork for insurance. Anyway fellow border is rather fond of his board and decides to go back to the ice caves and talks to the guy in the entrance, gets his name, photograph to pass to police. Asks for the names of his friends who were there yesterday at which point he becomes very evasive, saying he doesn't know them really not sure of names or where they hang out. Boarder says that no matter, he'll pass all of this onto Gendarmes and they'll be in contact, probably via the guys employers...

3pm rolls around that day and a phonecall comes through to him... Lo and behold, his board has been handed in anonymously at the tourist office in La Plagne, can he come and collect it.

James, if you post on SH, so apologies for stealing (geddit) your thunder...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richard_Sideways, ....... I do think I will use my wire lock for the first time this year. Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard has reported it all very accurately except the kind lady at the Tourist Info office told me that the guy who dropped it off was the same guy that worked up at the Ice Cave. This was the guy who claimed to know nothing about it or his companions he was drinking with. So my 'robust' conversation must have jogged his memory. Don't let it put you off visiting the caves, just remember to take your boards or skis in with you, and try not to swing them round too much Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My mates, and even my wife, roll their eyes everytime I spend the 45 seconds it takes to lock my board and her ski's to the rack/fence/whatever outside a restaraunt or bar etc. I still don't get why more people don't. To be fair of the 7 or so years I've been boarding I've only stayed one place where another guest had their equipment go walkabout, but seeing that inconveience (even though they eventually got their skis back as it was an accidental pickup/swap at a restaraunt) was enough to convince me to lock every time.

Glad you got your board back though - good effort for following through with police/tourist office/ice cave.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Inconveience all right! I had to take 2 very long telecabin rides down from the Glacier to Belle Plange then hire a board to get back to Peisey as there is no suitable alternative then next day hire another board to take the first hire board back. ( I hired a 145 to make the return easier) Then to collect my board the following day I ended up on a long trip with another board on my back. A logistical nightmare. I havenot mentioned the long lunch breaks that the Police and Tourist offices take.

With hindsight I think board care/locking is even more important when you venture far a field with an all areas pass as I did on this day (and he subsequent days)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A mates board was stolen from a locker in a hotel basement. About five or six lockers were burst open at the same time....... Alpe d'huez about six or seven years ago.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy