Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Sybelles - Corbier or Toussuire?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So - having decides Les Sybelles is where we are going this year - from a skiing point of view which of these would you choose and why?

We aren't too bothered about the picturesqueness of a place, more about the convenience of lifts and type of pistes.

We will have full area passes and we like to set off in the morning with a 'lunch destination' in mind - blues and easy reds being our preference and definitely avoiding narrow pistes with sharp drops!

So - anyone familiar with the area... we have found apartments that are similar in size and price and both described as ski in/out so now we just need to choose a resort!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Toussuire is better for beginner, and the station is a little bigger more choise of resturants, but if you are well with your skiing, St Sorlin has the best skiing, and are also nicer place, le Corbier is ugly,,,
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Sorlin, unless you are a fan of modernist tower blocks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As for the skiing, as freeheelskier said it's better on the St Sorlin side. Plenty of good (ie long and a bit steeper in parts) blues plus the sort of reds you want. You might have spotted this already but Google Streetview covers St Sorlin (I think because it's a Tour de France mountain stage) so you can probably check out the accommodation. There is a piste that runs the length of the village, more or less parallel to the main road; very convenient. In fact the whole area is underrated imo - the only real bugbear being the long drag to get back from the Le Corbiere/La Toussuire side.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Both Le Corbier and La Toussuire have an abundance of nice wide blues and easy reds. We've stayed in Le Corbier 3 times, and just about everything is ski in/out, as all the apartment blocks line the piste front. Yes, it is ugly, but we chose the area for the skiing not the architecture! Plenty of restaurants/bars, 2 supermarkets, loads of ski shops, several souvenir shops, bakeries etc. Nice, friendly place - would love to buy a place here and make the most of the cheap prices!!

The skiing in la Toussuire is also fabulous, again lifts line the piste front, and pistes are beautifully linked, but don't know much about the convenience of apartments, as it's a bigger resort that fans out from the piste front - so it all depends on what apartments you're interested in! We've not stayed here, but would certainly be happy to do so in the future.

Our kids learnt to ski in St Sorlin - lovely picturesque place, we've also stayed there 3 times, but I think le Corbier/ Toussuire have better amenities, being purpose built (and in my opinion, better skiing).

In all, I agree with agw, a much underrated area - and the place we keep returning to again and again. We're all pretty good skiers now, but we still found more than enough to keep us interested for a fortnight this year. Enjoy your holiday - have you got room in your suitcase for me?? wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tough one....Le Corb or La Touss????.............I stayed in Le Corbier last January with Rocket Ski and loved the holiday..........if you aren't fussy about tower blocks you will like the place. La Touss is a little bit lower rise and there just seemed more there, but both front de neiges are good lunchtime sun-traps. St Sorlin is pretty and more Alpine traditional.
Return runs into Le Corb seemed to get a but icy at back end of day which may also be a consuderation, but snow last year wasn't a patch on this year.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh yeah,

Important consideration for both Le Corb and La Touss is that compared with Three Valleys, Paradiski etc the cost of living is cheap but you get a feel of travel in the Les Sybelles that compares with those places.
The doom mongers and fast lift brigade will bemoan the lift system as slow but all the main links aren't bad.........apart from the drags at the top
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are staying in St Jean this week - frankly the lack of queues so far out weighs any slowness of lifts for this not to even figure on any comments. We are loving it here - fantastic family skiing holiday venue
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy