Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair compensation !!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Does such a thing exist ?
Just got back from Stubai valley ( excellent !!!! ) but had torrid time at Salzburg airport coming home.
We were sat on plane,already 2 hrs late, ready to go and they announced that airport curfew had just beat us and we had to get off !!!
So we were then dumped with bags into empty and closed terminal with no-one around for info.
We were told by airport servces to 'come back tomorrow at 9 am'
We got a taxi to a hotel but lots had to sleep on floor.
We got home some 16 hours late on the next day having cancelled all our forward travel.
I just accepted that this is how it goes with Ryanair occasionally but can we claim anything ?
Anyone been through similar with Ryanair ?
Have to say that I have not had a problem with them before.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
immer schuss, here are your rights http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2004/l_046/l_04620040217en00010007.pdf

but if they can legitimately say it was beyond their control then you're stuffed [/i]

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 22-01-12 18:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had similar from Salzburg before when stanstead shut due to a few inches of snow just before we loaded the plane ( there was at least a foot of snow If not more at Salzburg and it was puking it done as well at the time with the airport fully open). We were told we would be transferred to the next flight the next morning if there was room on it for free!,cue a rush to book the plane. I did not get the morning plane as it was full by the time it was my turn. We decided to then book the last flight out the next day and spend a day in Salzburg sightseeing. A night in a hastily arranged hotel and a late dinner was all paid by me, with Ryanair advising us that we were lucky not to be charged for the flight transfer!!!
It was a nice day out in the city though and in fact I was quite glad of the extra days holiday

I would put this all down to experience and never book with them again if I was you,as your chances of compensation are zero or less! This was about 6-7 years ago so things might have now changed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
One of our party is convinced that he can claim compensation through his insurance ??
I have yet to check mine yet,but maybe,subject to the excess,and proof of liability we could do that ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
immer schuss, you probably do have some cover for that
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have hear some storys like that, I never go with Ryanair they are poo-poo,, its cheaper to use other flight enterprises when you go with skis and so,,
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had a similar situation with easyjet a couple of years ago and they sorted me out really well so tend to use them.

I wouldn't moan too much about Ryanair - they clearly market themselves as no frills so shouldn't come as a surprise when you don't get any frills - it's part of their brand to do this. Think what it would cost to put say 150 people up at say £100 each.

I do get on my bike a bit when people are happy to take the no frills price and then expect frills. These are buses in the sky - if the last bus home was cancelled at night because the bus broke down, would you expect the bus company to put you up in a hotel!

I do a fair bit of flying in Europe with work and my experience is that Easyjet are ore likely to be in time - spent 30 mins twice last week as BA passengers fuss about their luggage. You also go into t5 which is nice but often queue at passport control.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had a similar situation with easyjet a couple of years ago and they sorted me out really well so tend to use them.

I wouldn't moan too much about Ryanair - they clearly market themselves as no frills so shouldn't come as a surprise when you don't get any frills - it's part of their brand to do this. Think what it would cost to put say 150 people up at say £100 each.

I do get on my bike a bit when people are happy to take the no frills price and then expect frills. These are buses in the sky - if the last bus home was cancelled at night because the bus broke down, would you expect the bus company to put you up in a hotel!

I do a fair bit of flying in Europe with work and my experience is that Easyjet are ore likely to be in time - spent 30 mins twice last week as BA passengers fuss about their luggage. You also go into t5 which is nice but often queue at passport control.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jet2.com were really good to us in Lapland last year and although I dont particularly like their old planes they certainly looked after us. We were all checked in at Kuusamo airport, plane landed from Gatwick with what looked like a solid block of ice on the winscreen. It turned out the heating had packed up in the cockpit. Airport is small and would close at 9pm, -35 outside and a plane full of people going no-where. Within the hour two coachs arrived took us back to the resort we had just come from and the whole lot of us were put up at the best hotel in resort. Given fabulous breakfast next morning, another day in resort and flight on time that night. We were still told to put in a claim to them. We did,t as basically we had an extra days holiday for nothing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alti - dude,
Yes sure do agree that no frills = no benefits I accept that and have used them lots without problems.
Just thought I would ask as there is a lot of knowledge out there.....!
Also agree that Easyjet seem to be better than Ryanair in all aspects,but as I said this is the 1st time I have had any major problems.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
immer schuss - www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays explains things more clearly that the EU Directive.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
immer schuss, "no frills" doesn't mean that they can ignore EU legislation though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FlyingStantoni,
Yes saw that legislation, it is actually quoted on the Ryanair boarding pass,which must be to cover themselves.
The issue of liability could be a long drawn out trail which most people will probably give up with.
But my mate is tenacious so it could be intersesting !!
I may post the result on here Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

if the last bus home was cancelled at night because the bus broke down, would you expect the bus company to put you up in a hotel!

I do.

What else would motivate the bus company to maintain their bus if they get to dump their passengers on the roadside with total impunity?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Quote:

if the last bus home was cancelled at night because the bus broke down, would you expect the bus company to put you up in a hotel!

I do.

What else would motivate the bus company to maintain their bus if they get to dump their passengers on the roadside with total impunity?

Mrs S is a bus driver (local only), and if the last bus is cancelled the passengers can claim back for the price of a taxi.
snow conditions
immer schuss, Sounds like a nightmare. I will ask Mr O'Leary himself when I see him as I am teaching his kids how to ski at the moment.
ski holidays
immer schuss, Have you considered if the online Small claims procedure is appropriate?
snow report
alti - dude wrote:

About £15000 Smile
snow report
russ_e, no flies on you I see!
ski holidays
russ_e

No you are wrong and clearly dont understand "ryanair maths" as you have forgotten the £8.25 per passenger charge that Ryanair would levy against the hotel for paying them. By the time you have finished, the hotel would land up paying Ryanair for the privilege.
latest report
alti - dude, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I was dumped two miles outside St Anton the wrong side of a no-pedestrian avalanche risk road by the SKI BUS which ceased running. We had to walk back to St Anton.
ski holidays
Fattes13, what 'extras' have you charged him? Laughing
ski holidays
laundryman, He knows the wife's brother, first time the kid asked to go on the lift I smiled and said sorry that is extra, Mr O'Leary laughed and mouthed the words F*&k OFF to me from behind the young man.

He is very personable in real life and has gotten stuck in and given a big dig out with the classes the boys are involved in.

His Airline on the other hand Laughing
snow conditions
Fattes13,
Nice one !!
I am sure he is most personable in real life but his jokey demeanor may have changed if he'd seen the look on 17 year old girls' faces just realising they have to sleep alone on an empty and closed airport floor with no money, as they thought they would be going home.
Not funny and surely he would not wish that on his kids when they start travelling ??
There has to be some kind of responsibility when contracting to move people about,I am sure he knows someone who would insure his goodself for such events !!
snow conditions
Fattes13, I reckon he'd be entertaining to share a pint or two with.
snow conditions
immer schuss, Not just ryanair, I've had the same treatment from Swiss, Northwest and BA in my time (though to be fair BA were clearly overwhelmed due to being fd over by BAA's incompetence). Trick is to get straight on to hotels the minute the pilot indicates things might be going tits upnad hope you bought a decent insurance policy.
snow report
FYI the result is in !
Had a lovely letter from Ryanair saying very sorry and here is a pdf to pass on to your insurer.......PDF says 'circumstances beyond our control '
Ok over to Virgin Tavel Insurance who said ''aah sir ifonly you had upgraded tothe silver service you would have been covered'!
This would have only been £20 for the first 12 hrs and £10 extra for the rest,so hardly worth it.
So moral of the story is use Ryanair by all means,most of the time it is fine,but if it goes wrong just pay out and chill !!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
immer schuss, yep. called self insure. in the scheme of things could be worse.. told you t...hey would say beyond their control
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy