Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free health care in or near Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, my daughter is working in VT and seems to be quite poorly with a very bad chest and cold for the last three weeks. She said she would like to see a doctor but she thinks all the clinics in the area are private and will cost an arm and a leg which she can't afford. Any ideas anyone? Cheers. J
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And yes, she is a UK born resident and has all the usual paperwork up to date.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Insurance?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sequoiaboard, If it's just a matter of seeing a GP IME their charges are very reasonable - and generally, if they prescribe half a dozen things, only one or two are necessary! She just needs to understand what the doctor tells her about what they all are, and what they're for, so she knows which ones she can safely forget about.

I think you have to pay to see any doctor in France - though we found one in the summer who refused to take a fee, despite my trying very hard to pay him. He prescribed badly-needed antibiotic eye drops for my OH, who was in a bad state. they cost a couple of euro and worked a treat!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
over the years we have seen doctors about a few things - minor trauma, sick kids, a tick lodged in the stomach, etc etc. Dentist, too. Never claimed on insurance - not worth it, with the excess. But wouldn't be without it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Her EHIC card should cover a local doctor - even if she has to pay now, she should be able to claim most of it back when she returns home - however, before visiting, she will need to make sure that the doctor is a state doctor and not private. She will also be able to claim back her prescription costs. I'm surprised her employer hasn't provided insurance though?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In france we pay to go to a doctor, and we also have to pay for the medical, but we have all money back with our carte vert ( green card ),
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi

Every year the whole resort gets this illness and the Doctors know all about it. All you need to do is go to the medical centre (bottom of the stairs opposite the church) with your paperwork (proof of employment). You arrange an appointment with the Doc (he will be busy so it might take a couple of days??). It shouldn't cost much, say around 25€ if that.
If you don't want to go to Doc the pharmacy are very clued up and can help, but i recommend going to the Doc ASAP as this bug normally takes an age to get rid of.
Also they are not private but state doctors.

Hope this helps.

Stu
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that Stu. Have just spoken with her and she's going to go to see the doc in the morning and yes, you are absolutely right. It seems that just about everyone out there also have the bug!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had the very same thing when I was out there last year, came back to the UK and saw my local GP who prescribed my antiB's followed by lots of rest...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
freeheelskier wrote:
In france we pay to go to a doctor, and we also have to pay for the medical, but we have all money back with our carte vert ( green card ),

whether you get all your money back depends on the doctor and your mutuel. The standard fee to see a doctor is 23 euros, 70% is paid by the state and 30% by a mutuel that reimburses at 100%. However many doctors charge more than this, figures of 28 or 30 euros are typical. You will still be reimbursed on the basis of 23 euros unless you have a mutuel that reimburses at a higher rate: 150 - 200%.

Most resort doctors charge more than the basic 23 euros.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy