Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Unlimited lift pass ripoff

Poster: A snowHead
I see Chamonix is closed down today except a few runs at Les Houches; some cautionary advice:

Full of optimisism as ever I bought the unlimited pass over New Year, based in Arentiere. When the valley was shut down due to heavy snow I expected to get a one day refund, this was refused because part of Les Houches was open - despite by room mates being unable to get to Les Houches because of road conditions, and I later heard of folk being turned away because of impossible lift queues.

From now on I'll just get the normal pass and pay for each ride to the top of GM
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thats a shame to hear, a friend of mine got a day and half's refund from xmas/new year, even with les houches open. perhaps it was just his luck at the lift pass office. a young english lad trying his best french out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, I had an animated discussion with the cashier but she was adamant on instruction from her manager, who of course was not available
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off to Chamonix in 2 weeks, what 6 days lift pass options are available and what is the cost?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kevin Stephens, do you have any idea how many people come and shout at us about refunds whenever the weather is slightly less than perfect? The cashiers know what the company's policy is and we're not in a position to change it, regardless of how rude you are to us. Nor are are our supervisors, which is why we don't ring them every time some arrogant Brit in a badly-fitting helmet rants at us about 'you sold me a ticket so I've got a contract with you'. Yes you have, and you blatantly haven't read it (despite the fact that it's there for you on page 32 of the resort guide available at all the ticket offices and the tourist office) or you wouldn't be here nipping my heid.

Here, for example is 2Alpes policy: they will declare intemperie (bad weather day) when 75% of the resort is closed for at least half a day. At that point, anyone who bought insurance with the pass will be refunded by said insurance. Anyone who didn't can have either a) an extra day free of charge at the end of their stay; b) a credit note valid for five seasons for a day pass; c) a cash refund for 50% of the cost of the day's skiing; d) an attestation for their own insurer.

If you want anything more than that, you are wasting your time poking the ticket sales monkeys with a stick - go and shout at the directors.

(PS: I'm not suggesting that your helmet is anything other than the perfect size for your head. It's just that the last person to be terminally rude to me over ticket refunds appeared to be wearing his wife's helmet.)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tough day at work Lizzard?

OP I was given cash back without even asking the last time I was there. I rarely get the Unlimited pass because more often than not I don't use the lifts involved.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, BRILLIANT!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard wrote:
...on page 32 of the resort guide
rolling eyes
Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rtfm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard wrote:
Kevin Stephens, do you have any idea how many people come and shout at us about refunds whenever the weather is slightly less than perfect? The cashiers know what the company's policy is and we're not in a position to change it, regardless of how rude you are to us. Nor are are our supervisors, which is why we don't ring them every time some arrogant Brit in a badly-fitting helmet rants at us about 'you sold me a ticket so I've got a contract with you'. Yes you have, and you blatantly haven't read it (despite the fact that it's there for you on page 32 of the resort guide available at all the ticket offices and the tourist office) or you wouldn't be here nipping my heid.

Here, for example is 2Alpes policy: they will declare intemperie (bad weather day) when 75% of the resort is closed for at least half a day. At that point, anyone who bought insurance with the pass will be refunded by said insurance. Anyone who didn't can have either a) an extra day free of charge at the end of their stay; b) a credit note valid for five seasons for a day pass; c) a cash refund for 50% of the cost of the day's skiing; d) an attestation for their own insurer.

If you want anything more than that, you are wasting your time poking the ticket sales monkeys with a stick - go and shout at the directors.

(PS: I'm not suggesting that your helmet is anything other than the perfect size for your head. It's just that the last person to be terminally rude to me over ticket refunds appeared to be wearing his wife's helmet.)

Blimey Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jonty, you've never worked in customer service then? Endless entertainment. Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard wrote:
jonty, you've never worked in customer service then? Endless entertainment. Laughing

The evidence so far suggests that neither have you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crell Spot on! Decent customer service is hard to find anywhere nowadays.

IMO, the OP raises some fair points. It always dismays me that mega resorts manage to open 1 baby lift in bad weather to avoid doing the decent thing on refunds.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

IMO, the OP raises some fair points.

agree
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think Chamonix is a bit of a special case because of how spread out everything is - i have to admit I'd be a bit annoyed if I'd paid for a mont blanc unlimited pass, stayed in argentiere and was told I couldn't get a refund on my pass when everything was closed except a couple of lifts in les houches, and the road to les houches was shut!

Either way I'm now going to go and get a second opinion on whether my helmet fits correctly...
latest report
I spoke to some friends of mine recently who had just completed their first holiday in Austria. They have skied in France 2 or 3 times per year for the last 15 years. They couldn't believe the difference in the standard of accommodation (they were in Obergurgl) but most of all they said the way they were treated felt totally different. They said that they felt as if they were valued guests and nobody could do enough to make sure they enjoyed their holiday.
Lizzards comments seem to back this up.
snow report
Crell, downhillalltheway, I was much nicer to Rude Man In Small Helmet than he deserved, in fact. And certainly far more polite than he was, though that wouldn't have been difficult. The fact that I like to have the odd rant about ill mannered gits says nothing about my attitude at work or the service offered to customers in resort.

You all seem to be under the impression that 'decent customer service' is the same as giving you anything you want regardless of the circumstances or how unreasonable you are being. It isn't.
snow conditions
Quote:

You all seem to be under the impression that 'decent customer service' is the same as giving you anything you want regardless of the circumstances or how unreasonable you are being. It isn't
Not at all Lizzard. In fact, you seem to be under the impression that any critical comment or query is unreasonable customer behaviour.

Quote:
(Your rant) says nothing about my attitude at work or the service offered to customers in resort.
Really wink ?

The following two cases happened to me recently:

- Mrs MA and I arrived at big soft furnishings store about 7 mins before closing. All we wanted was 2 mins to nip in and purchase a set of bedding that we had spotted a couple of days before. However, the doors were locked and an assistant at the other side was mouthing 'We're closed.' I pointed at my watch, she shrugged and walked away. We purchased the bedding elsewhere.
- Mrs MA and I hired mountain bikes for a half day/afternoon at a forest in Scotland. Bike renter obnoxiously told us that if we were so much as 1 minute past the return time of 5pm we would be charged an extra day's hire because 'I don't get paid overtime for waiting for you.' We had no intention of getting back late but were taken aback by his nasty and aggressive tone and attitude. Despite the fact we could have been back sooner we took the bikes back with about a minute to spare - and naturally he was locked up and away as the clock struck 5!

Fantastic customer service eh?

On top of these, being ignored by shop assistants until they finish a long converstion with workmates now seems to be an acceptable norm, as is no please or thank you, or having change thrown at you. Grrrrrr!!!!!! Mad

On a positive note, we found a couple of weeks ago that there's definitely more of a customer-focused approach from lift staff in Tignes these days. We had many an unprovoked and quite cheery 'Bonjour' as well as one or two 'Bon ski.'
ski holidays
I'm sure Lizzard has the occasional polite, good mannered customer with even a hint of common sense who she doesn't eat for breakfast. It's just that we don't get to hear about them rolling eyes

mountainaddict, I'd have gone for a long walk instead Toofy Grin But am pleased you stayed out until 16.59 Very Happy
snow conditions
mountainaddict, and the relevance of all that was ... ?
snow conditions
If you're not a decision maker, and can only act as instructed by yor manager/director/whoever, all the ranting in the world can't make you roll over and, in this situation, agree to a refund.

What isn't mentioned above, but I'm sure might be relevnt, is what might happen to the individual in the lift office if they had have gone against the grain and given a refund - dock their wages? Sack them?

Rules are rules, as they say. However, I do agree with mountainaddict, the experiences there do seem unreasonable, pure and simple, and very different from not being able to sway from the rules/conditions.
ski holidays
jocrad, I'd lose my end of season bonus and get shouted at by pointy-haired boss along the lines of been here several seasons, should know what you're doing, are you a complete numpty or what etc etc. The difference between that and being ranted at by passing punter is that a) he will go away in a minute whereas she's here all season, b) it's a lot more uncomfortable and c) she'd be right.

Resorts need to have some kind of set criterion for refunding bad weather days. Otherwise we'd be refunding tickets every time it snowed - you wouldn't believe the number of people who come and tell us they want their money back because it's snowing. (It's unskiable! No madam, you can't ski it. That's not the same thing.)

Being rude to the sales staff will get you precisely nothing. In fact, if you come and shout at me at 10am I am unlikely to mention to you the fact that if we declare intemperie it will probably happen about lunchtime, so it will be worth your while coming back later in the afternoon to see what the situation is and whether there will be any compensation. If you want service from people, it pays to be nice.
ski holidays
Lizzard, I totally agree with you, it's completely out of your hands...
ski holidays
Hey all - I'm sure some of you have had season passes this year and been disappointed with the response from CMB. I've opened a case here - www.together-legal.org?tl_id=575246345. Together Legal is a free service which helps groups self organise and hopefully find resolution (I'm not going to try and claim against CMB myself). So join the case if you'd like to be involved - its free and takes 2 minutes.
snow report
Sounds legit.

Who do we send all our monies to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy