Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways Baggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimastaaah wrote:
Kruisler,

BTW, BA allow 23 kgs as hand baggage on top of this "one-bag/23 kgs" hold allowance.

Puzzled Puzzled

Hold goes in the hold, cabin is what you take with you.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kel wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:
Kruisler,

BTW, BA allow 23 kgs as hand baggage on top of this "one-bag/23 kgs" hold allowance.

Puzzled Puzzled

Hold goes in the hold, cabin is what you take with you.

FYI........ Hand baggage allowance 23kgs http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/hand-baggage-allowances

FYI ....... Checked/Hold baggage allowance of 23kgs.. http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/checked-baggage-allowances

Does not take Mr Einstein to add 23kgs to another 23kgs to get 46kgs total allowances. However, to get 23kgs Hand Baggage allowance in a take on case/bag not exceeding 56cmsX45cmsX25cms seems unlikely.

I humbly suggest that you read the BA website links Mr Kel. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You know I really cannot be bothered, it was the way your post read.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kel wrote:
....I really cannot be bothered.....
to use a calculator, read the BA baggage info, or count up to 46 using your fingers? Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kel wrote:
You know I really cannot be bothered, it was the way your post read.

I suspect you are the only one who felt it "read" any way other than what it actually said.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys.
As it turns out I'm the only one in the group without a big roller bag so I'm the only affected by my mistake, which is good.
Since you cannot upgrade just one person on the booking it seems, I think I'll just splash out on a big bag at some point.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler, Just make sure that your roller bag does not exceed the maximum dimensions for outsize ski hold baggage. Simples.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A thread resurrection yes but seems like the most appropriate thread for it as its not worth starting a new thread.

A top tip for getting more carry-on bags onto the plane than you are allowed. A woman was getting onto a BA plane today with the max allowed hand luggage carry-on, normal sized bag plus a handbag, she was also afflicted with a prominent hunched back covered by a shawl which elicited some sympathy from other goodly passengers who helped her with her carry-on bags onto the plane.

Once she had got to her seat, she whipped off her shawl to reveal not a hunch-back but a rucksack secreted below the shawl. What a result for her!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ster wrote:
A thread resurrection yes but seems like the most appropriate thread for it as its not worth starting a new thread.

A top tip for getting more carry-on bags onto the plane than you are allowed. A woman was getting onto a BA plane today with the max allowed hand luggage carry-on, normal sized bag plus a handbag, she was also afflicted with a prominent hunched back covered by a shawl which elicited some sympathy from other goodly passengers who helped her with her carry-on bags onto the plane.

Once she had got to her seat, she whipped off her shawl to reveal not a hunch-back but a rucksack secreted below the shawl. What a result for her!

Good to hear that other passengers assisted "Notre Dame." wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was on a Westjet flight and noticed a fella in the queue in front of me had a fantastic waistcoat on, nearly knee length and covered from shoulder to hem front and back in large gusseted pockets, each being probably 6"wx12"hx3"deep with a buttoned down flap over. They were all clearly stuffed to the gills. He had no other luggage.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just tried that and the offer is not available?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not surprised the offer in no longer available -- this thread started in 2013 !!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh christ, I only just saw it!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rogg wrote:
I was on a Westjet flight and noticed a fella in the queue in front of me had a fantastic waistcoat on, nearly knee length and covered from shoulder to hem front and back in large gusseted pockets, each being probably 6"wx12"hx3"deep with a buttoned down flap over. They were all clearly stuffed to the gills. He had no other luggage.

I think there was a brief market in such poacher's coats. I must admit that if I'm getting close to the limit on my baggage a coat that probably isn't strictly needed on the plane is worn and heavy objects put in the pockets. Mind you a coat should almost always be on your person when flying to skiing because of risk of baggage delay it's getting your ski pants and boots into the handluggage that is the usual challenge.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BA does still provide Proactively Offered Upgrades (POUG) but on an as-needed basis, if economy is full and club isn't. I was offered £79 each way on European flights this week, and I was offered it in March on some Geneva flights (I think £99 for those).

It's hard to predict the availability of them. There used to be a thread on flyertalk listing the details of what people were being offered.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy