Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste off with busy pistes......where can I practice drills in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
Hoping you £ Vallees Seasonaires & Officianados may be able to help

Been to Meribel a couple of times & having seen how busy Blanchot can get:
I am wondering if there are any gentle Blue pistes that afford themselves to practicing nice regular turns & drills without hordes of shnowplowers & crocodiles of kids..(no disrespect).

We are back out in Feb with local passes but may extend for a day.

Looking for a nice long blue piste thats not too steep or choppy to perfect my amazing skills..lol

http://youtube.com/v/_8HZtYE4ZNE

Ciao 4 Now
snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franzClammer, try Faon, Bouvreuil and Choucas. Probably won't be quiet at that time of year, but the best you'll get
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can remember putting a few laps in on Lapin while waiting for the link to Courch to open. That's fairly mellow and well tucked away so could be quiet away from the ends of the day. With good snow, Raffort and Villages might be good too - if you can find them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grand ducs - fabulous views
Choucas - nice rolling piste
Escargot - short but quiet
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Marvellous Very Happy
Fantastic forum
Where would I be without you's
Cheers
snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
franzClammer, hope it works. If quiet pistes are a priority for you, maybe give some thought to going somewhere else next time? wink Meanwhile, if you take some lessons when you are there, you'll get lift priority and your instructor will be good at finding the right spots for practising the necessary. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
franzClammer, hope it works. If quiet pistes are a priority for you, maybe give some thought to going somewhere else next time? wink Meanwhile, if you take some lessons when you are there, you'll get lift priority and your instructor will be good at finding the right spots for practising the necessary. snowHead

My Priority is skiing safely & having fun Puzzled

Who dosen't prefer a quieter piste, especially during English/French school hols,

No Brainer given the choice, aye

I just like to know a quieter piste than Blanchot to practice, without too much risk of collisions,
given the size of the resort I didn't think it was a lot to ask.

sorry if that makes me a snob or sumfin Embarassed

Ciao
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

sorry if that makes me a snob or sumfin

Puzzled quiet pistes are an absolute priority for me. That's one of the reasons I don't ski in Meribel. Last time I skied there the pistes coming back down into Rond Point at the end of the day were just mayhem and scared me, even though I am a reasonable skier. If I was a beginner I'd have been put off for life. And that was not in a school holiday period.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
franzClammer, if you have a 3v pass then up Plattieres gondola and down Grand Lac. Follow the signs for St MArtin at the top. Nice resto at the bottom of the Grand LAc lift that comes back up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I skied the 3V I found Courchevel 1650 one of the quieter areas (and with better snow than most of the rest) but maybe that's a bit far?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
franzClammer, I was impressed with how quiet the Pralong piste in Courchevel 1850 was when we were there last season. Quiet up until around 12, then everyone else went for lunch and it got really quiet. Great piste for practicing drills etc with lots of different options and pitches. Another good thing about it is that the Hotel Courchniege is easily accessible near the bottom of the Pralong chair for a very affordable lunch/snack. Also, Pyramides in 1650 was pretty quiet and the views outstanding.

Most places we went in Meribel were busy in comparison.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers All
snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy