Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lodging and ski area recommendations around Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
My family has both advanced and intermediate skiers. We only will have three or four skiing days (Thursday to a Sunday), not the traditional week. So we are looking for a resort that would be fairly close to the airport, that would satisfy both intermediate and fairly advanced skiers. It would be helpful if it had a good ski school (or there were a good ski school available) where we could join all day group lessons for various levels. Someone suggested Innsbruck areas to us, but we'd like more specifics. Terrific apres ski is not an absolute must, but it would be nice if there some degree of charm. Thanks for your help.

TomS
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Tom, seems like a real lack of info from people on Innsbruck. Have you done your trip yet?
I am trying to find if there are ski rental places in Innsbruck proper rather than having to go to one of the outlying areas.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nordpark would be fine for a weekend, its near the center, its opssible to stay in the center of town, the highest skiing is on 2260m and if there is alot of snow its possible to ski down to 860m, the bad thing is that if there is alot of snow and good weather, its crowdy weekends,,,
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TomS wrote:
My family has both advanced and intermediate skiers. We only will have three or four skiing days (Thursday to a Sunday), not the traditional week. So we are looking for a resort that would be fairly close to the airport, that would satisfy both intermediate and fairly advanced skiers. It would be helpful if it had a good ski school (or there were a good ski school available) where we could join all day group lessons for various levels. Someone suggested Innsbruck areas to us, but we'd like more specifics. Terrific apres ski is not an absolute must, but it would be nice if there some degree of charm. Thanks for your help.
TomS

I'm just waiting for my lift to the airport for a weekend in Innsbruck.
Been there tons. Oops, lift has arrived - will add more later but it is indeed a brilliant base...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neil Neige, Cheers, we are flying thursday. Have a great weekend.
Lots of info when you return would be lovely.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
freeheelskier wrote:
Nordpark would be fine for a weekend, its near the center, its opssible to stay in the center of town, the highest skiing is on 2260m and if there is alot of snow its possible to ski down to 860m, the bad thing is that if there is alot of snow and good weather, its crowdy weekends,,,

Not for intermediate skiers - there's only one piste, black, although there is a blue track winding down it.

It is however a fantastic place to ski offpiste, lift access to steep avi controlled couloirs, and plenty more options if you're prepared to hike along the ridge. Mental on a powder though.

Axamer Lizum, Schlick2000, Patscherkoffel and the glacier would all be good bets though.

Sorry I don't hsve time to wright more now, gotta go to a kayak slalom race.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why are the guys posting on this subject so active?
Shooting off doing this and that. Get your prorities right and give me the info! Razz
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

It is however a fantastic place to ski offpiste

So it should be good for intermediate skiers,,, Puzzled I had not suggest Nord park if it was for a week, but now it was for a weekend,,
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
freeheelskier, Lots of good intermediates don't do off-piste
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If TomS says they are fairly advanced skiers, perhaps they do offpist,,
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
freeheelskier wrote:
Quote:

It is however a fantastic place to ski offpiste

So it should be good for intermediate skiers,,, Puzzled I had not suggest Nord park if it was for a week, but now it was for a weekend,,

A lot of it is pretty steep for most intermediates (assuming this means red/black run skiers) - the two main couloirs need respect, especially if you take the proper entrance for Seilbahnrinne (most people skirt round and drop in from the side).

Don't get me wrong, I love the place (gf lives two mins walk down the road from the cable car), and have often spent weeks skiing exclusively there!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TomS wrote:
TomS

Hi - just had a splendid long weekend here.
We stayed in the city itself, the Weisses Kreuz hotel (37 Euros for a single room including a very tasty breakfast).
The Nordkette skiing was brilliant - never seen the bottom bit open before, and snmow was great right to the bottom.
Patscherkofl was gorgeous. Fantastic views, lovely tree-lined runs. Not a great number but a decent VD (1000m+).
Then skied in Axamer - we hired skis from Mutters (which we accessed by a tram from the city centre - a really nice ride). You can ski from Axamer all the way back to Mutters (via Goetzens) which we did. Really nice, remote linking-run from Axamer to Goetzens.
Favourite piste was probly the long black down to Axamer village from Axamer Lizum. It's not a very challenging black but it's pretty long with over 1300m VD. It ends at a really nice cafe/bar (very tasty pizzas and cheap drinks). You need to get a bus back to the main ski area though from here (probably why the run is so quiet).
Think that's all for now!
NN
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers NN,
Going out early thursday so will print off your bits there. We have hire cars so it does open more possibilities.
We are also staying in the city.
The guys we are going with have been to Innsbruck a couple of times before so hopefully they know the score. Although they are not too experienced.
Where are the places to party in the city? We are staying by Golden Roof, by Hofgarten.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ianbradders wrote:
Cheers NN,
Going out early thursday so will print off your bits there. We have hire cars so it does open more possibilities.
We are also staying in the city. The guys we are going with have been to Innsbruck a couple of times before so hopefully they know the score. Although they are not too experienced.
Where are the places to party in the city? We are staying by Golden Roof, by Hofgarten.

The best post-skiing apres ski is at Stubai and Schlick. They have the classic Austrial Euro-pop thing going on for an hour or two from 4-ish. The other local resorts are a bit quiet by comparison.
I've always stayed very close to the Golden Roof in the city centre, and not ventured very far afield. Been to 3 bars nearby - Elferhaus (just to the right facing away from the GR) is very lively and sometimes has live music, Dom Cafe Bar is just round on the left, and La Copa is down the alley to the left just before Dom Cafe, also with live music some nights. These places are mainly full of local people (rather than skiers from afar) so a different kind of vibe to ski resort bars but cool if you like that kind of thing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just back from Innsbruck.
Lovely city, loads of great bars etc.
Funny trip though, strange vibe staying in the city and driving to the ski areas each day.
Went to three different areas so will post a bit more info about each another time.

I will probably go back to Innsbruck but for a city trip rather than a ski trip.
snow report
Even stranger seeing people clomping about in ski boots at the main station, catching bus from right outside to one of the ski areas.

Going back in a couple of weeks, but will most likely drive to a nearby resort.
latest report
yes saw people in the city centre in full gear, carrying boards skis etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy