Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scoot Punishers 2012 Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Just got a bargain on a set of 2012 Scott punisher with no bindings. £290. What sort of bindings should I be looking for? willing to spend £100 to £150

6'2"
90Kg (14 Stone)
Ski instructor/ Mad man
Age 33

Ive got an idea of Salomon sth 14, but just thought i would get an idea from you guys
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robster2644, welcome to snowheads.

Look pivot or rossi FKS, they are bullet proof, short mounting footprint, very elastic, full turntable heel, bit more than you want to pay, but will outlast your skis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a lot of people have said if your getting sth 14s you HAVE to get the driver, that's apparently a really good binding but the sth 14 itself isnt. Also that's a great ski i've got the jib version and love it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
got griffins on my punishers..they've stood up to tons of abuse..but not convinced on them prereleasing. got some sths on another pair of skis and have been greatly impressed with them
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have Tyrolia Peak 12's on mine.

No issues with them so another option for your consideration. Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
papasmurf wrote:
got griffins on my punishers..they've stood up to tons of abuse..but not convinced on them prereleasing. got some sths on another pair of skis and have been greatly impressed with them

exactly the same, i've got griffons on mine and prelease far too often, gonna get a remount as the heel piece is as far forwards as it'll go and i think that's why it's prereleasing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
papasmurf, mag1882, Griffons/Jester are particularly sensitive to their forward pressure adjustment.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As carroz, says the Look Pivots / Rossignol FKS are bomber bindings, I love mine.
Otherwise the STH 14 drivers, has to be driver, are good. Or for less money look at the older, slightly different models: s914s/s912s that have the driver toe. Just steer clear of the z toe piece.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, yes heard that, interestingly the schizos i have don't seem to suffer from this..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
papasmurf wrote:
spyderjon, yes heard that, interestingly the schizos i have don't seem to suffer from this..

There's time wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
true..but the griffins where like that from the start on both pairs i have them mounted on..did say i'd not go the marker route again..but got a storming deal on the schizos..so no choice snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
oh, thanks spyderjon, and @papasmurf what's your weight and din? and do you find them hard as hell to clip into? and does your heel sit on the ledge before its clipped in or above it?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
105kg din depends on the ski..on the punishers think its 11 at present..no very easy to clip in..nice clunk aswell..where the heal sits i have no idea of the top of my head, even though i only adjusted them for new boots recently..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oh, I'm gonna have to get mine remounted then definately.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Are Scoot Punishers faster that Scotts?

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
The Scoot Version is the Scottish more versatile version of the English Scott version. There faster and make you stunts just look awesome. lol. Ive looked at the drivers and the Marker Squire 11 Binding. What your thoughts on there Bindings
ski holidays
Oh I can get the 14 sth drivers for £120 is this a good price?
latest report
with your weight you'll demolish squires, I'm about 70kg and I wouldn't use squires. And I forgot to mention sth 14 driver is a freestyle orientated binding, and yeah that sounds like a good price.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy