Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The lowdown on L2A

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, we're booked for this weekend, flying Saturday. Snowboard world cup is on, so I'm taking the camera for that, but just wondered what people see as 'must-dos' in L2A with regard to runs, areas, apres'?

Have read about the Fee area having some flats so the need for speed on a board is essential, and that the jandri is the lift to get to the top quickly. What else can be recommended?

I'd love to do La Grave with a guide but the other half isn't keen not hat kind of thing so that may or may not happen.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman, La Grave link is closed for the moment, so unless you want to drive round and pay for a day ticket you're not likely to be able to do it. Fee has wo long flat bits and getting along them on a board is feasible if you're vaguely competent and have a board with a decent/well-waxed base.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Such a variety of runs....I like the Signal and Fee areas, are there are some lovely long runs up there. It can get a bid gridlocked towards the bottom of the Glacier 8 man chairlift (alternative to the Jandri if you prefer - Jandri is in two parts, get Jandri 1 then jump on the 8 man chair for a change, amazing ride up and you decamp at roughly the same point), as quite a lot of pistes converge. Saying that though, we usually go early March when it's quite busy, looking on the webcams this week it seems much quieter than what we're used to - not complaining!!

Apres, go to Smokey Joes in the centre of resort near the lift pass office, live music early evening plus they show football, etc. Good tex-mex food too. Polar Bear bar is another of our favourites. When you get your bearings (and you can pick up really handy resort maps to help) head from the centre towards the Venosc end of town. About 3 or 4 minutes walk, the Polar Bear is on your left hand side. Really good atmosphere and very friendly.

Just another week to go for us, very excited already. Give me a shout if you want to know anything more - and have a great time!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Download the tourist office's iPhone app, very useful. (Assuming you have the necessary widget, obviously. No Android version at the moment, unfortunately.)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Specialman, so glad you found something! Looks like you'll have terrific snow conditions. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep - snowing on the webcams first thing!! Woohoo!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Specialman, look out for the idiot lidder skier wearing girl's trousers and a non-matching, slightly-too-tight Animal jacket (that'll be me....).

Cheers

Dobby
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Currently snowing in the valley.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glued to the webcams.....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
was there the other year on the PSB, was trying to think of the bar with the red hot fire in about head height!!!!!! or was I really that drunk Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think it's the Polar Bear, they have this mad fire in the middle of the bar....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For L2A, I'm afraid the only low-down I can give is that the skiing is quite high-up.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy