Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French School holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We have Feb 18th - 26th penciled in for skiing. I notice that French school Zone's B&C are on holiday over this period.

Can anyone comment if it get's noticeably busier during the French school holidays? And how does this compare to the UK school holidays (which appear to be the week before we go). Also i guess some resorts are more affected than others?

Thanks,

Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davejsy, Yes, it gets busier in France. Were are you going?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davejsy, depends on where you go to be honest, but as Paris are still on holiday that week, it will be busy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Patch, nothing booked yet, but do tend to go to PDS, either Les Gets or Chatel. I'm open to idea's though if some resorts are less busy than others at this time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davejsy, our chalet in Les Gets is available for the dates that you mention. PM me if you are interested.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pamski, PM sent. Be warned though we leave it last minute to get a bargain!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davejsy, yes, depends where you go but generally the Paris holidays are the worst of the lot. If I were going skiing then, I'd be going to Austria or - they get some better snow - Italy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, Dutch holidays and Fasching can be just as bad.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Dutch holidays and Fasching can be just as bad.

The solution, definitely, is not to go skiing in the second half of February! wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davejsy, If your flying jersey to geneva, on blue islands or flybe then just go through mont blanc tunnel and go to La Thuile, always very quiet.

as pam w, states paris holidays are the worst, however trying to work out how old the gear actually is that the people in the gondola have on and how old the skis they are using is a fun game
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
carroz, thanks for the advice, will take a look whats available in La Thuile. Was hoping to fly over on the Friday, and then back a week on the Monday. At the moment though look's like it will be flybe sat to sat because they are so much cheaper than Blueislands, only other alternative is BA via Gatwick which I'd prefer to avoid. . .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just looked at flights to go the week before and they are over 3 times more expensive Shocked guess that's what the UK school holidays do for you!

carroz, what difference in Les Carroz do you notice during the UK as oppose to the French School holidays?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davejsy, The uk hols nearly always clash with french, as french hols are over a month period, with diff regions off for 2 weeks at a time during that month. I think next year it it does not clash for the first time in ages.

If uk clashes with paris then it is very busy, was not so bad last year as snow conditions were not so good, and so quite a few didn't go, but still a 15 minute scrum to get up the gondola, and blue pistes especially are really busy, always ski lunch is the answer and do lessons to jump the queues. If uk clashes with one of the other regions then its not quite so bad.

Just look out for flybe and their bags charge plus £30 each way for skis!!

Gatwick.....ugh...someone i know spent most of the day stuck there today

look here for la thuile

http://www.atahotels.it/en/planibel#

the apartments are ok
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

always ski lunch is the answer and do lessons to jump the queues.

good advice!
Quote:

Was hoping to fly over on the Friday, and then back a week on the Monday

you might struggle to find accommodation for those dates. If you find any, grab it fast. Are those really the only weeks you can do?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, I am a bit flexible. But I've looked at the week before and that is the English school holidays, and flights are a rip off. The Paris holidays seem to finish 4th March which is later than I wanted to go. I'm not to worried about the accommodation for the odd days as I often like spending a night in Annecy at the end of the ski trip, and I also have a friend in Geneva who we will probably stay the Friday night with, I'd then aim to get a very early start Saturday morning to try and miss any traffic!
ski holidays
Quote:

later than I wanted to go

if that's for personal reasons, then you're stuck and will just have to be Zen about queues and crowds. But generally speaking, particularly if you are sensible about resort choice, you'll get v good conditions in March.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy