Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Talk me into Dynafit(-style) setup

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret wrote:
they seem great for going up and gentle downhill but if you bend a ski in the turn not sure i would fancy em...

Once again, the traditional response is to post a clip of Eric Hjorleifson in action:

The way I see it...

The first half of this video where he's on the pillow lines is on Dynafit FT12s of some colour or flavour, not sure whether Radical or Vertical though. The downhill charging in the second half is all on alpine bindings though. Admittedly, he's a pretty astoundingly good skiier, but this does demonstrate that Dynafits can be used in ways that you might not initially trust or believe!

I believe he said himself elsewhere that the way to limit pre-releasing is to use a stiff ski. If you're using something soft and noodly and pushing it hard, there's a good chance that the flex will be enough to pop you out.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret wrote:
Arno, could very well be the case as they were rentals but the lad was giving it some today came off a roller and maybe only 5ft of air and landed clean but got pinged out, quite entertaining though watching a skier cross athlete go tumbling !!

I'm slightly heavier, skiing a stiff, relatively wide ski and have had no pre-release problems and I ski them as hard as I would alpine bindings, including drops and don't have the DIN cranked right up. I religiously make sure the toe inserts are clear of ice though. The other known issue to cause pre-releases is as Arno says where the binding isn't adjusted correctly to the boot length. When the ski cambers the heel hits the rear portion of the binding causing them to release. There's a whole load of info on the Wild Snow website about it.

Or maybe I just don't ski hard enough. Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
re Dynafit solidity I submit the following:

Dynafit backflip...
Canada Pow from Nick Madison
http://vimeo.com/26853281

This lad Gilles pushes them a bit too... on TLT5s as well...

Noël 2011 from gilles sierro
http://vimeo.com/34198303
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serriadh, they were pretty soft skis movements of some description and this guy is used to full on race skis..

dont want to dis the Dynafits and most likely down to not being clear of ice, set up or whatever... but still fun to watch Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^ looks like both have em locked out?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
moffatross, nah but will be back in the game after this weekend if you're about for a slide.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am starting to be very attracted to a nice shiny pair of plums

Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've found Dynafit brakes to be pretty ineffective really.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
barry, thanks for your observations, sort of confirms what I said in my post on previous page Puzzled
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
^ huh? re lockout? indeedy, i wont be a lockout kinda guy unless my weight would dictate it to avoid pre-release (have tele'd so not too panicy about no release). Highish end of available "DIN" should be plenty for me anyways. The lockout thing is kinda weird though - I get it for keeping em on, but if you're putting enough forces through them skiing down to need to lockout then you will surely be risking pretty big mech failure? (never mind knee/hip failure, though if you're belting along that risk lessens I woulda thunk?)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plum guides and scarpa mobes it is Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy