Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

greatest apres ski bar in the world

Poster: A snowHead
Anywhere with cold beer after a long day on the hill Laughing

That said, two of my favourites were ZigZags in Mottaret and the Red Parka Pub in North Conway, New Hampshire. Both loads of fun and relatively cheap!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. The Goatstall in Hinterglemm - especially after midnight!

2. Mooserwirt and the KK - have to try them before you pack in skiing!

3. Yucatan, Engelberg - something to behold at happy hour. Apparently it sells more beer than any other bar in Swisserland.

4. But the tops of the lot - the old Hotel Eden in Arosa, when they had a band playing on a Thursday night. Fantastic, but sadly the hotel is no more and being redeveloped as a swanky mountain resort. Shame Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Trofana Alm, Ischgl
Kuhstall, Ischgl
Nederhutte, Obergurgl
KK, St Anton
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mooserwirt-St Anton
Pavillion (very lively atmosphere, great staff)- Kitzbuhel (or Cuchebuhel as the Swiss call it!)
Stamperl- also Kitz.
Luiskeller-Selva
As for the Londoner (Chas n' Dave in the Alps), agree withqueen bodecia, andpjd, Dreadfull!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schnapps Hans and Crazy Daisy - both Zell am See!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 29-01-12 19:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scnapps Hans and Crazy Daisy - both Zell am See!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like the Mooserwirt is a must though!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1: Hotel Elizabeth, Ischgl (just got back & it was rockin')
2: Chambre Neuf, Chamonix (fantastic bar with great live bands but very crowded)
3: The Londoner, Kitzbuhel (never disappoints)

Basically anywhere with your mates & Jägermeister!!!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Three great Apres Ski joints that sadly no longer exist.

Ischgl . Cafe Chrisitine . In the 80's this was "the place" in Ischgl. It was where the Hotel Chistine is now.

St Anton. Train Station Cafe/Bar.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1323988&highlight=cafe+christine+cica+1987+ischgl#1323988

Underground (The old one ) St Anton

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 2-02-12 19:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
Almost all apres bars in the European Alps are a bit tragic.

Full of old people and pikeys.

Oh what a barrel of fun you are!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton, Yes, Cafe Christine. I remember that from the mid 80's- heaving, the waitresses as well! How they managed to move through the crowd with a massive tray of beers. Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
another vote for the Nedderhutte in Obergurgl, never seen anything quite like it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman wrote:
The Griz in Fernie, Rickards Red Beer, Nachos & live music. Very Happy

Yeah, but just normally Friday/Sat. Shame.

Moe Joes in Whistler takes some beating, but doesn't kick off properly 'til elevenish, so maybe not 'apres' as such.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The greatest après ski bar in the world was a little hut called Tea del plan in Livigno. It had big wooden benches, which meant really you had to sit with other people. To join in the après ski you had to either ski down or get the last lift up. The owner Claudio, was so welcoming. We'd stay till late and ski down by torchlight. There was a guitar on the wall for impromptu sing a longs and party games were encouraged. you pinned your photo to the back of the door, and year on year you could look back and see friends you had met there.
Sadly the wooden benches have been taken out and replaced by small plastic tables and chairs, the photos have been taken down and the party nights were no more last time I was there.
Enough reminiscing, time to find new places. I'm going to Morillon late February, staying in the village. Anyone know anywhere good in that area?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
luigi wrote:
Piz Seteur above Selva had some cheeky outdoor afternoon apres last Thursday, DJ was banging out euro club tunes, Austrian-style apres without the oompah cheese!

Unfortunately, this ended a few years back. I have more pics of the PS podium dancers somewhere. wink
ski holidays
On a slightly different note this song was played all over the apres ski bars in the places I've visited in Italy and Austria this year and is number 1 across the continental European charts but is nowhere to be seen in the UK. Not that it's great but it does become an ear worm.

http://youtube.com/v/hcm55lU9knw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
ski holidays
@pjd Thank god I'm going to Samnaun and Lech this year, I'll avoid that noise on my apres-ski malt&havana NehNeh Too bad about those women though Skullie
snow conditions
The Rond Point- Meribel
Pano Bar- Les Deux Alpes!
snow report
going back a few years, but I had a few really good nights in Piccadilys in St Anton - live music always helps.
And going back even further, a small place called the Elbow bar in Soll - I've heard it's changed names since and gone downhill, but in its day brilliant!
snow conditions
tea de plan is that the Tea bork under a different name
where they do the alternate fondoo nights
ski holidays
boabski wrote:

2. Wherever gunar is playing in st Anton (picadilly for years but now Kandahar - will experience in march)

You should here him when he turns off all the software !! Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Will report on my favourite the Papperla in Zermatt next week. Laughing snowHead Madeye-Smiley
snow report
twoodwar wrote:
Will report on my favourite the Papperla in Zermatt next week. Laughing snowHead Madeye-Smiley

Can you see how the Hennustall is too? Laughing That's my favourite but been too long since I've been there Sad
ski holidays
Quote:

You should here him when he turns off all the software !!

I know. Heard him when handing in jackets at Piccadilly - not great. Ah, the magic of beer Very Happy
snow report
Sarah, if I must!! It will be hard work, but I suppose someone has to. snowHead
ski holidays
Cockerhoop tea bork isn't the same place as tea del plan. Tea del plan was reached by taking the 2 man chair (lift nr 22?). It's a few years since I've been to Livigno, the bar by the Mottolino gondola was good fun straight after skiing. Is tea bork the place half way down the black run on Carasello? I've been there in the day but not at night.
ski holidays
Goatsstall in Hinterglemm
Hexenalm in Soll for full on Austrian Um Pah Pah
Salvenstadl in Soll for non um pah pah
Edelweiss & Lurzeralm in Obertauern
snow report
BinkiBelle wrote:
The greatest après ski bar in the world was a little hut called Tea del plan in Livigno. It had big wooden benches, which meant really you had to sit with other people. To join in the après ski you had to either ski down or get the last lift up. The owner Claudio, was so welcoming. We'd stay till late and ski down by torchlight. There was a guitar on the wall for impromptu sing a longs and party games were encouraged. you pinned your photo to the back of the door, and year on year you could look back and see friends you had met there.

Remember it well - coming down on bin liners was another option, not to be recommended either unless fully anaesthetised by bombadinos Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For the benefit of Sarah, was in the Hennustall yesterday pm, was buzzing but no live music, and the soundtrack was a bit muted at 4.30pm. Only stayed for one though. Papperla pub in fine fettle with a good live band on. The pub has been done up with a ridiculous revolving door taking up a fair bit of room. Other than that though a must place to go if in Zermatt.
ski holidays
OK, have finally experienced the full force of the Mooserwirt and blimey Shocked ! Love it at 3.30pm when DJ Gerhard plays the Final Countdown and they lower down that huge lighting rig thing (it must have cost a fortune!). Totally rammed in there as well, especially last night - even the stairs were packed. The rather drunken ski down in the dark was fun too.

Liked the KK but it took slightly longer to warm up than the Mooserwirt. Dancing on the tables was fun!

Much as the Mooserwirt is an amazing experience, I'd still say La Folie Douce slightly has the edge. However, this might have been because I went in March/April and it was lovely and warm which helps!

Therefore my list would be:

1) La Folie Douce (Val D'Isere)
2) Mooserwirt (St Anton)
3) The Ice Bar (Mayrhofen)
4) Krazy Kangaruh (St Anton)
5) Kandahar Bar (St Anton)
ski holidays
twoodwar, Thanks for that!!
snow report
The Spycher bar in Andermatt Switzerland.
latest report
Most of the choices so far are a bit samey how about some thing more rustic
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84650
ski holidays
1.Goatsstall -Hinterglemm Toofy Grin Especially when staying at the Alpine Palace or the Reisinger (which is the Austrian translation for "the Pits")

2.Krazy Kangeroo
- Stanton Skullie If you don't fancy taking your life in your hands after a few shandies, just get a taxi to come and take you home

3.Mooserwirt - Stanton Twisted Evil see above

George - Serfaus (worthy of a mention but not exactly iconic)

The Londoner in Kitz is OK, but without Short & Curlies show it would be just another bar.

Remember the old Andy Capp (much mourned in Sauze D'Oulx)??? or the now library-like Crazy Daisy in Zell am Zee?

Is it me, or is the Apres-ski scene quieter? - I can remember being slaughtered, still in my ski suit and boots late on in the evening, being VERY normal behaviour. Now it's a couple of beers, home for dinner and then early bed.

God I feel really old Embarassed
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Underground (The old one ) St Anton
Remember all the skis leaning against the wall - that was the measure of how rocking it was in there - happy days indeed snowHead

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 21-02-12 21:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
BinkiBelle wrote:

+1 Happy memories. Seem to recall that all drinks had added rum. That's about all I can remember. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Hinterhagalm was awesome
latest report
La Folie Douce, Val D'Isere, for me. Closely followed by Le Farinet, Verbier. Did like the Mooserwirt the first time I went to St Anton, but the next time suddenly found it a bit rubbish, weirdly.
snow report
Piccadilly wrote:
I'm going to throw in La Folie Douce in Val D'Isere.

Ignoring the outrageous prices, it's absolutely fantastic and proof that you don't need 8 pints for an amazing apres atmosphere.

It beats all the apres I've had in various Austrian resorts (but I'll compare with the Mooserwirt/KK after I come back from St Anton next month!)

I can't wait to get back to Val in March.

+1 Cool
ski holidays
Cafe Fats, Val d'Isere. Gone now, was a little grim but had some great nights in there.

Pub 37, St Anton. Small and cosy

My old back garden in the UK. Had a great apres-season party and 30th for the OH one May (10 years ago) just after we got back from Val. Quite a few people we'd skied with that season and friends we hadn't seen in a long time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy