Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

greatest apres ski bar in the world

Poster: A snowHead
There is alot of good ones that had been listed here,, but not forget "Hyddan" in Are (Sweden)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snorting Elk, Crystal Mountain, Washington - weird things happen in there Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bar Roma in Courmayeur of course. Pricey but great free snacks Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tony Ellwood wrote:
Bar Roma in Courmayeur of course. Pricey but great free snacks Very Happy

happy hour was fine (ish) price wise however there after.. 10 for a beer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoneyman wrote:
[
3: Piz Seteur, Selva (luigi, I was also there last Thurs (12th), was excellent. Seemed to finish quite early though!)

It's definitely a mid-afternoon spot, grooving in the sunshine before the last few runs and back to the village.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bang bar-le praz, half a dozen mutzigs before dinner...'andsome
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

why the tats i just dont get it

Didnt get high enough to notice the first time wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for the Farinet in Verbier. It's a 'proper' bar, in that it doesn't feel the need to have strippers to force the party started, and has a complete mix of punters, seasonnaires, guides/instructors etc. Ronnies in Meribel has a similar vibe. I don't like the somewhat forced atmosphere of the massive Austrian joints, and don't get me started on the oompha music.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoneyman wrote:

4: La Folie Douce, Val Thorens (loved this place, prefered this type of music to the Germanic Oompah style, looking forward to trying out their Val d'Isere 'branch' in March)

You won't be disappointed, it's awesome! Get there for 3.30, it's rammed by 4.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dr John wrote:
Another vote for the Farinet in Verbier. It's a 'proper' bar, in that it doesn't feel the need to have strippers to force the party started, and has a complete mix of punters, seasonnaires, guides/instructors etc. Ronnies in Meribel has a similar vibe. I don't like the somewhat forced atmosphere of the massive Austrian joints, and don't get me started on the oompha music.

You would like Underbar in Saalbach too then. I much prefer places like that in the evening, but I don't really count it in with the 3-7/8pmish Apres scene.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I'm going to throw in La Folie Douce in Val D'Isere.

I will second that.

Only been to Austria twice (and none of Kitz, St Anton or Ischgl) though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Piccadilly wrote:
I'm going to throw in La Folie Douce in Val D'Isere.

Ignoring the outrageous prices, it's absolutely fantastic and proof that you don't need 8 pints for an amazing apres atmosphere.

It beats all the apres I've had in various Austrian resorts (but I'll compare with the Mooserwirt/KK after I come back from St Anton next month!)

I can't wait to get back to Val in March.

Whereabouts is this? I can't find it on the Val website? Embarassed

Oh Crap - just found it and what's worse is that I've eaten there a couple of lunchtimes! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Didn't realise that it was good for apres ski as well Very Happy

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 19-01-12 14:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Whereabouts is this? I can't find it on the Val website?

Top of the La Daille chair, you can hear it from half way down Tommeuses, all the Henrys and Petronellas are usually falling all over with a bottle of Krug stuffed down their baggy pants come 4pm! Give them a wide berth going down towards La Daille. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29, that's usually only on a Thursday, chalet reps day off...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Griz in Fernie, Rickards Red Beer, Nachos & live music. Very Happy

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 19-01-12 22:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:

Oh Crap - just found it and what's worse is that I've eaten there a couple of lunchtimes! Didn't realise that it was good for apres ski as well

I ate there once. Very overpriced and average grub.....then they charged me to have a slash rolling eyes
snow report
Quote:

.....then they charged me to have a slash rolling eyes

Thought most places did in France Shocked

Actually if you eat there, you can ask for a token that means you're slash free!
snow conditions
Tony Ellwood,
Quote:

Thought most places did in France
Not so.
ski holidays
1. Griabli in st Anton as long as live music
2. Wherever gunar is playing in st Anton (picadilly for years but now Kandahar - will experience in march)
3. Nikkis stadl ischgl
4. Mooserwirt. To be honest I'm a bit bored of it now but has to be done. Sell that crappy fohrenburger beer (sp?).
Underground on the piste in st Anton.
Currently in niederau and I can confirm that nowhere here will get in the top 100 après bars. Crying or Very sad
Yet to experience the goahstal (sp?) in hinterglemm but sure that would be up there.
snow report
not bars as such, but i reckon "aprés" in a proper nice refuge would be sweet
snow report
boabski wrote:
1. Griabli in st Anton as long as live music
2. Wherever gunar is playing in st Anton (picadilly for years but now Kandahar - will experience in march)
3. Nikkis stadl ischgl
4. Mooserwirt. To be honest I'm a bit bored of it now but has to be done. Sell that crappy fohrenburger beer (sp?).
Underground on the piste in st Anton.
Currently in niederau and I can confirm that nowhere here will get in the top 100 après bars. Crying or Very sad
Yet to experience the goahstal (sp?) in hinterglemm but sure that would be up there.

Nikkis Stadl ?is that the smokey joint overlooking the river in Ischgl?
If it is, OMG it was smokey in there.
snow report
hedley, That's the one.
ski holidays
Corky, I lasted about 2 minutes in there. Even the smokers in my group had to come outside. Bloody weird music as well.
Loved ischgl though Smile but Nikki can keep his Stadl.
snow conditions
Almost all apres bars in the European Alps are a bit tragic.

Full of old people and pikeys.
ski holidays
Folie douce valdisere for me
latest report
Whitegold, Laughing

What your definition of "old"? How old are you?
ski holidays
Another vote for Folie Douce in Val D'Isere

Wasn't impressed with the one in Val Thorens - missed Kelly Starlight too much! He really makes the place rock in Val Dizzle.
snow report
Whitegold, Haven't seen many pikeys in the bars I've been in, bit steep and cold for Transit pickups and twin axle caravans in the Alps!! wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
Whitegold, Haven't seen many pikeys in the bars I've been in, bit steep and cold for Transit pickups and twin axle caravans in the Alps!! wink

Other than KKs. I know way too many people who've had skis stolen from there.
snow report
Salven Stadl Soll gets my vote. And the best in Kitzbuehel (although not for lively après) has to be Hotel Zur Tenne.
ski holidays
One thing that hacked me off about Farinet bar (lounge bar not the live room) was that wandering in at 5pm, all the comfy chesterfields had reserved signs on them; never did anyone mentioned that you had to reserve one Skullie
latest report
Scampi Dellahanti wrote:
Another vote for Folie Douce in Val D'Isere

Wasn't impressed with the one in Val Thorens - missed Kelly Starlight too much! He really makes the place rock in Val Dizzle.

Yeah, he and the cool black dude make a great team. Love the drummer on the roof too.

The six men dressed as grannies who were there last March were just brillant:

http://youtube.com/v/l-U8GxZiZRQ
ski holidays
Another vote for the Trofana Alm from me followed by the Mooserwirt, Schatzi Bar and the Hohenhaus Tenne in Schladming can be good some nights. For me though the Trofana Alm is in a league of its own.
snow conditions
At the risk of being repetitive, my list:

1. La Folie Douce (Val D'Isere) - can't beat it on a sunny day, great vista and atmosphere
2. Moose - I have not seen any chalet/bar/restaurant with such commentable dedication to an awesome sound and lights system, and convertible tables!
3. Farinet - roof is a welcome steam reliever
4. KK - Hot waistresses (when I was there two weeks ago), although agree with the comments above

Sadly I have not been to Isghl...
ski holidays
phillip33 wrote:
Folie douce valdisere for me
The idea of being anywhere near the Folie Douce after 3pm fills me with dread. Give me the Grand Marnier Bar any day Very Happy
latest report
Hey rumdiary, are you going to do a chart to see what's number one etc?
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
simo1234 wrote:
Anybody know of any contenders in Engelberg? Heading there for a long w/e in a few weeks.

Yucatan

Yes agree Yucatan for happy hour 5pm to 6m but first there is the Chalet at the bottom of the titlis valley station Very Happy
latest report
The Mooserwirt is great, but before you get there stop off at the Heustadl on the way down. They have a great group on called Dreirad who get the place absolutely stomping. Later on try the Kandaha bar in the town, the brilliant Gunar is on until about 8pm, a great end to A/S.
snow conditions
De Apres Ski Hut

Rotterdam open 7 day a week all year Happy

http://www.deapresskihut.nl/index.php
snow report
stanton, Looks good. Must give it a try when I am there. Wonder if this would work in London. Doubt it somehow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy