Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Phoenix Holidays / Merebeech / Take Me Too / Take Me To (Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Finally managed to get my money back last week from the accountants who were dealing with Takemetoski who went into administration. Apparently funds are being held up due to people making double claims against credit/debit cards and the travel fund. Doesn't make up for all the hassle and losing my holiday in February.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 3-07-12 12:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good catch, thanks for the info Alpenhorn
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interestingly I was in Tignes over Easter and called into Brev to see who was running the chalets - (I haven't yet had my money back yet from February!)... and the locks had been changed, the lady I saw in the next door office said that the rent hadn't been paid and Alpine 1550 ski had done a mid night flip owing alot of money around and about. The chaps runnign the company should be brought to account
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 3-07-12 12:02; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We lost thousands to these sharks and there were other companies on the creditors list that lost 10 times what we did.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 3-07-12 12:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alpenhorn are you sure you went to the right chalets? I'm only asking as I know the 2 guys who were chalet hosting in one of them and they were there until the end of the season as far as i'm aware?. (ex Grandes Rousses staff). They were unfortunately working for Chris Wadley who was associated with TMTS and infact were getting paid directly from Jonathan Wackett's personal bank account (Former director of TMTS and also a complete ****) I hate them with a passion and am currently in the process of claiming also as I was actually working at the Grandes Rousses with Skola. Although the season is over this still enrages me every time I think about it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It now appears that that gentlemen by the names of Darren Paris and John Wacket (previous directors of take me to ski/Meerbeech) have an interest in a company called http://www.seawake.co.uk/ located at Menai Bridge (Take me to skis old home town). This Seawake company is part of the Absolutely travel group. Absoluetly snow are running the two chalets that Take me to ski previously had! So, Wacket has a conection with the Absolutely snow company - beware! Anyone else know anything about this?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It would appear that Jonathon Wackett is a director of an inactive company called Harlequin Tavistock Ltd and has been since 2006. not sure what he is doing at the moment but judging from his facebook page (jon wackett) he has done very well for himself.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Having still not had my money I paid both the administrators a visit who refused to speak to me and also on a family holiday to North Wales called into see Seawake. Unfortunately completely separate. Seawake was bought from Wackett in January 2011; Parris and Wackett resigned as directors in January 2011 as well. Companies house shows all this info but the chap that bought the business was in the office and was very helpful. He readily showed me all relavent documents. Absolutely Snow has nothing to do with Wackett or Parris either --- unfortunately I was looking at a great angle but it is not there. They are completely above board with ATOl and TTA membership, I did a double check with the ATOL folk at the CAA. Very nice chaps (make a reasonable coffee as well) - ended up going out on one of their boats on a trip down the menai straits - well worth it and if you're good they'll let you have a drive of the thing (helm is perhaps the correct nautical term) my kids are still talking about it. Like a twit I've only just looked on facebook - but Wackett is also involved in some Spa company that is still trading. I spoke to them and asked him to return my call.... he obviously didn't, so I called again and spoke to a charming lady who now understands what a snake she appears to work with...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have had communication from Absolutely ski and I am confident that they have nothing to do with Wacket and Paris. I was going to delete my above comment but feel it more prudent and honest to say that I am satisfied that Absolutely ski is a bona fide company acting in a professional way.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just out of curiosity what's the connection back to Alpine Tracks, who used to run the chalets
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy