Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

25th of Feb - Dutch/Paris Half term - Austria or France

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Having checked the European half term thread I see our week of Feb 25th will clash with Dutch and Paris H/T. I'm keen to see what you would recommend here, am I better to go to Austria where the Dutch may arrive in their droves or are there resorts in France that the Parisians don't typically go to. My recent trips have been to Soll x 2, Kaprun (packed with Dutch people) Alpe D'huez. I love the Austrian apres but we are very much a 3/4 beers and off to dinner, bed and early start group so don't require anything other than a busy pub from 5-7. Would appreciate any advice/pointers.

Thanks,

Ben
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Iyt is the week after Fasching so may not be too bad in Austria. Why not try a quiet area such as http://www.hochkoenig.at/en
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

are there resorts in France that the Parisians don't typically go to

maybe, but I've not come across any!

I think I'd try a smaller resort in Austria - try to get some advice from the Austria experts on where the Dutch don't go!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Give Sölden a miss and I say that emphatically, as half of Holland will be there! The other half I am not sure about, some I have seen around Innsbruck Axams and Goetzens. For the most part the Dutch drive to Austria so one would think the further West you go the less inclined they are to be there (very suspect logic I know). Warth-Schroeken is worth a look at and worth a call to the Tourist office there, to check.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flachau will be very busy with Dutch
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for your replies - We can also consider the previous week (18th of Feb) - Must try find the half term details for that week to see if that's better!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Must try find the half term details for that week to see if that's better!

http://www.schoolholidayseurope.eu/france.html
not in France it's not.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Pam, yes, I see there's still some French H/T .... Also some upper Austrian but worth considering all the same. It's only going to be one week this year as we are paying tax for the air that we breathe in Ireland these days wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
French half term runs over 4 week from 11 Feb.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ben Dover, that is the week that the German schools (mainly Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg) are on Half Term as well as the Austrian schools as it is the actual Fasching week. So the places in Austria will be pretty full as well.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ben Dover, if you only have the one week, it's worth trying to avoid the worst of the holidays - why waste your precious time in lift queues and dodging the human missiles on piste? I regularly get flamed for saying so, but for anyone not forced to take school holiday times, coming to France in the school holidays is a bit masochistic.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Ben Dover, that is the week that the German schools (mainly Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg) are on Half Term as well as the Austrian schools as it is the actual Fasching week. So the places in Austria will be pretty full as well.

So I see, thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Ben Dover, if you only have the one week, it's worth trying to avoid the worst of the holidays - why waste your precious time in lift queues and dodging the human missiles on piste? I regularly get flamed for saying so, but for anyone not forced to take school holiday times, coming to France in the school holidays is a bit masochistic.

Yep, agreed...Problem I have is trying to cater for two of the group who have restricted annual leave because they don't book time off in advance. I always get the job of trying to come up with the perfect trip with excellent snow, no queues, cheap beer, atmosphere and lots of reds..... and then get moaned at if I disappear off piste to look for some excitement Sad

Had a look tonight at Sauze where we were before many years ago but covered very little as most of the group were beginners.......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ben Dover, sympathies.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Ben Dover, sympathies.

My pain appreciates your understanding wink
ski holidays
Looking like we bite the bullet and head to Austria... Maybe Bad Gastein area, hopefully it won't be too Orange wink
ski holidays
Ben Dover, which would you prefer? A bunch of happy Dutch people drinking beer and being loud, or a bunch of Parisians whining and causing the already high prices to be inflated further while pushing everyone out of the way?

I don't mind a bit of orange, but then I wear Oakley black iridium lenses Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy