Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on rental skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The better half and I are off to Japan (Hakuba) on Saturday and will be renting skis. We've both skied for just over 6 weeks, happily ski most of the mountain, and into the second week of learning to carve properly at speed on the easier blues. One thing we never know is what skis to ask for at the rental depot, and pretty much accept whatever is thrown our way. Are there any standard intermediate skis we should look out for that would suit us well? Brand and model suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers Very Happy BTW I'm a 6ft male and she is a 5'4" female
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My recommendation would be to avoid brands and models as they change depending on the individual! When you approach the ski shop explain to them exactly what it is you want out of your skis, and then try them out. If they're not performing as expected, go back and discuss and come out with a different pair. Rinse and repeat really - I've known people have 4 different pairs of skis in a week and the hire shops are perfectly happy to oblige.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would second that. the other thing I'd suggest is that it is worth paying for 'advanced' skis. Most hire shops have one of more categories above 'advanced', meaning you won't actually be getting skis well above your ability level.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. Guess we will just suck it and see Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy