Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday Insurance again...sorry!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quickie.No1 son is off to Andorra this coming Sunday,and its just come to light that he's not covered on our family policy(travelling without us).So,any quick recomendations for 7days cover? Just checked Insure and Go...just over £20,seems a bit cheap? Thoughts anyone? BTW,his TO were useless,they are looking at nearly £80 Shocked This is just a one off.His bank can do it,but not in time for the weekend rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will he be off piste without a guide - if so, might need something more expensive! have a look at the relevant level of Snowcard.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Doubtfull,not hard core anyway.Though son is cool with that,his 3 mates are not at his level,so will limit his skiing anyway Sad Dont think there is much scope for it anyway,at the moment?No,thinking this will turn into a typical lads trip.Ski,bit of a play in the park,out on the lash,cold pizza for breakfast Laughing He's got a good ski head anyway,not given to stoopid,I'm gonna break myself type decisions rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowskisnow, snowcard still good though - but he could probably safely take a lower level of activity cover - it's very flexible.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Nice,thank you Very Happy Just had a look,with some details,and a Park & Pipe policy comes out at £37.Also includes 'slack country'...love the description(sounds like Essex Shocked )Its probably buried somewhere,but no mention of guide etc,but quote for touring etc not much more.Excellent site where you can play with levels of cover v/s price.Thanks for the pointer snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, I insured my two for New Year with Direct Travel, but not sure they cover the park.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowskisnow, there's an extensive thread in apres about snowcard. you don;t need a guide off piste with snowcard. the slack country includes links between pistes, off piste at the side of the piste - basically if it is lift served.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Direct Travel offer pretty good cover at a low rate.

They do include off-piste without a guide, and even if he is only a few yards off, he would need that if something happened. They also cover tobogganing, which many don't, and which is the sort of thing the TO offer as excursions, and lots of people sign up to without ever thinking they might not be covered.

The folowing are the activities listed in my policy terms from last week:
Quote:

Bigfoot skiing, cat skiing or boarding, cross country skiing, curling, glacier skiing*, glacier walking (up to 4,000
metres), heli-skiing*, ice climbing*, ice curling, ice diving, ice hockey*, ice skating, kite skiing*, kite snowboarding*,
langlauf, mono skiing, off piste skiing or snowboarding (except in areas considered to be unsafe by local resort
management), skiing, ski/snow biking, ski/snow blading, ski randonee*, ski touring, ski-dooing*, sledging/sleighing,
snowboarding, snow mobiling*, speed skating and tobogganing

The ones marked with an asterisk may incur an extra premium above the normal winter sports premium, and may also increase your excess for medical expenses and remove cover for death or disablement benefits (and you need to tell them in advance if you are going to do any of them).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy