Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Android Skip Apps???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Looking to see if anyone has used any Free or Cheap Android ski apps that log your runs etc?

Any suggestions and links to downloads would be great

Thanks

Stuart
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Android Skip Apps???

...Is that like an App for getting fit? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1943780&highlight=android&sid=ce41ddffb7d4d55b86b4514662dd0fb3#1943780
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No. Looking for a GPS based app that shows you the runs on the mountain, then can track where you have been, on which runs, average speed, ft climed and dropped etc.

Loads out there but some of the Snowheads must have tried and tested some of them and know which to use and which to avoid?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

I tried two options...
google tracks, which is free, but has no piste maps, just some general stats, used that last year. Main target was the stats. Performed great.
Will be trying satski this year, this has slope maps for your resort of choice, and can locate your buddies near you on the slopes.
Both are available in the app store

Nick
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last season I used Sportypal on my HTC Desire, in conjunction with an Aquapac armband, and it worked really well - I also use it regularly for cycling and running.

It does munch the battery a bit but I managed to record a full morning session - 2-3 hours and usually 1-2 hours in the afternoon aswell.

This year (next week!) I'll be using it again but I'm going to take a portable recharger (a power monkey or something) to top up the battery at lunchtime. You don't need data turned on to use it and infact, I turned all radio off and just left GPS on to extend the battery as much as possible and it worked fine.

Here's a couple of links to "workouts" I recorded last season with it:

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/942589
http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/911358

As you can see, it marks your tracks pretty well and on the phone it'll tell you you've done say 45km in 3 hrs, but once you've uploaded it, their servers remove the distance and time spent ascending which they assume is you being on a lift and mark those parts of the "workout" green and there's a bunch of stats you can analyse as well. They do a pro version which costs money but I don't know what the enhancements are over the free one - there's no adds anyway!

Hope that helps!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlpineReplay is free and seems to get mentioned a lot. It also has a lot of good reviews

I have not used it yet but will be when I go away in two weeks
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh and go on the website it has a little demo video of what it does, It also stores all your info online
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Jma

Just looked at your tracks

What do blue and red line signify, are they blue and red pistes

Does Sportpal, know what colour piste you did
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not GPS based, and you don't even need a phone, but skiline.cc works very well for the resorts/lifts it covers - it takes the data from your lift pass usage.
So far this season it tells me I've done 86,134 vertical metres, taken 238 lifts and skied around 541.4 km - but it doesn't work where I am this week, so you can probably add another 25-30k of vertical to that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi dublin1,

No, those colours aren't anything to do with the pistes you're on. The blue tracks are when you're descending (i.e. skiing) and the green ones are when you're ascending (it assumes you're the on a lft). The red track is just the descent that starts from the highest altitude (From what I can see!).

Sportypal simply records your GPS location every few seconds and then overlays the data onto Google Maps. It also makes generalised calculations about calories used, etc etc. As long as you select 'sking' as your activity before you start your workout then it works out when you were descending/ascending and changes the colour of the track accordingly. It's not a ski-specific app so is not equiped with any resort data like lifts/pistes etc. It's really more of a GPS training app - I use it nearly every day for cycling and running - but it's free, easy to use, has worked without problems for nearly 2 years for me and does what I want when it comes to recording skiing too!

jma
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy