Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do snowheads do on Saturday afternoons?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm the only one on here, and the rugby doesn't start till 4.

Have you got something better to do?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wadya mean, it's just finished! (Ireland/Italy).... Ok there is another minor match on today.....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This afternoon, I'm pottering around the kitchen preparing a meal. Everyone esle bar the dog is out shooping for me a mother's day pressie.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Let's see, do shopping, tidy up, visit mother, cook, feed cats, oh and use the internet, not necessisarily in that order snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did our shopping this morning. Go myself some of those funny ski socks with strange different coloured patches on them. Most people thought I would get some benefit from them and they would be an improvement on tubes.

Just noticed (on BBC site- must be true) masses of snow heading for the Alps over the next few days.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, Hate to say it Chris, but it's been p.... ing it down up at Arcs 1800 this afternoon where the kids were training, don't know what altitude it was coming down as snow but it must have been pretty high....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tidying house, then watched the big match, now watching the other one. (scary thing is: IF Wales win, I'll have to cheer for the whites against the Bleus next weekend! Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got up! Good excuse for sleeping all day saturday,on night duty. Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In my case get extremely excited about heading off to Soldeu tomorrow morning!! Oh yeah, & avoid getting on with my packing by posting NehNeh NehNeh 's on here snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
But the packing seems to be taking sooooooo long rolling eyes See you in Soldeu tomorrow! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from Aysgarth in the Dales, mountainbiking with ten other like minded mates.

Wind's a bit harsh (to say the least) but the scenery was spectacular with so much water about. Beer and banter in the pub afterwards was good too.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nothing exiting today - tidied up after the kids, walked the dog, tidied up after the kids, read the paper, chaufered daughter to and from dancing classes, tidied up after kids.

Now having a beer and catching up on snowheads !
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was at Trafalgar Square, protesting at the lies we were told before going to war. But what would you expect? !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I work all bloomin weekend- and generally come home distraught, having found a 3* HB in Pas for only £99 going 2mrw and I CANT GO!!!! and even worse- I had to sell it to someone else when it was obviously meant for me!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shoping for a mothers day gift. What else...
ski holidays
Just left my skis in for a waxing and edge sharpening at Snow & Rock in Chertsey as I'am off to Bad Gastein next Saturday. Done lots of " window shopping " at Snow & Rock but bought nothing ( hurray! ). Eyed up the snowbladess, as I'm keen to try them out. Decided I might hire them for one day at the resort. There is a sale on at S&R at the moment ( one piece ski suits were on sale with 70% off!! ). Worried about the snow conditions 7 days from now....... encouraged by Chris Bish's comments above re big dump next week. Lets hope!! Very Happy
latest report
I was skiing this afternoon snowHead
ski holidays
Well it's allright for some Sad
snow report
admin, I'm with you! Wink
ski holidays
ssh, no you're not you're in the USA and admin, is in Europe thats quite a few thousand miles apart Exclamation Wink Laughing
snow report
D G Orf, NehNeh Laughing
snow report
Well I quite enjoyed battling the pouring rain and gale force winds today!! much better than that skiing malarkey .......... Confused
snow report
I set off to see Burnley stuff the Wombles but the match was cancelled due to high winds. Had to go to the pub instead and watch Man U hammer the fancy dans.

Any of our US based friends need a translation let me know.

Stephen.
snow report
I was doing Maths homework with my son. Anyone know how to plot y = square root of x?
snow conditions
Fergie provides a different type of high wind, No?
ski holidays
Stephen Sadler, you're just begging me to ask, aren't you?!

Where have you been, anyway, my friend? Question
snow report
markP
You'r not wrong on that.

Ssh
The Wombles are Wimbledon FC and the fancy dans are Tottenham Hotspur FC.

I had been round the fleshpots in Burnley so retired to bed after posting.

How are you doing, you seem to be losing your snow at a rapid rate (although we have been getting 20C+ temperatures in Europe as well).

Skis have been serviced and put away for the year now Sad but I guess you have got a while yet.

Sad to see about the two accidents in Breck last week but I have to say that the 4 oclock trail has a couple of surprisingly tough sections if you are a beginner (I came across several people struggling on them).
ski holidays
Jonpim, yes!

I was off to see my very tiny new nephew!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ian Hopkinson, thanks! The web is full of stuff on "i" (square root of minus one), most of which I don't unserstand. Even so we found this site that reassured us. We think we have an acceptable result. One query though: multiply by "i" and the point moves 90 degrees anti-clockwise. Why is our graph 90 degrees clockwise to y = x squared
ski holidays
Mmmm...are you really sure you want to bring complex numbers into this?!

The plot of y=sqrt(x), for 'real' rather than 'complex' numbers looks (roughly) like this:

http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/mth251/cq/Stage6/Lesson/Images/sqrtAbs.gif

I say roughly because in this plot they avoid the issue of trying to calculate the square root of negative numbers by using the 'absolute' function which basically says "make x always be positive".

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 21-03-04 15:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I went to my god daughters 7th birthday party.
snow report
Ah but was it good ?
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson, maybe we should start a mathematix thread? Don't like oregonstate's plot at all. Nasty and pointed when should be curvy and rounded.
Sunday afternoon was football. We won 2-1 (should have been 6-1), and finished just before the monsoon arrived.
ski holidays
It is now sunday afternoon and I've just finished watching Scotland working hard to seal their win of the wooden spoon in this year's six nations.
Final score: Scotland 0 - 31 France.
snow conditions
alexpresland, ditto. See comments in the 'Rugby Union' thread over in "Other Stuff". This of course now means that barring miracles in a couple of weeks' time I shall have to hibernate for as long as it takes for the French to get over crowing about how they've done that Grand Slam and beaten the so-called World Champions to boot. Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Ah but was it good ?

It was sweet. Her little sister was both tired and overawed by all the people/children and grouched all afternoon until they had all gone, oh well.
snow report
What snowheads do on Sunday afternoon is sit in the cold and dark because our powerlines have been brought down by trees falling on them.

And in case you are wondering this is being written on my laptop!
snow report
Sounds bad Chris, hope power is restored soon.

My dad had a generator plug-in point installed at my parents' home and bought a small 240v AC generator. It isn't that they suffer regular power cuts, just that my dad didn't like the idea of the inconvenience. They can run the oil central heating, TV, some lights, the microwave and my Dad's PC on it - i.e. "essentials" wink
ski holidays
alexpresland, like it, now if I though I could get away with it I'd do the same unfortunately I know there would be some problem with the neighbors Exclamation
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy