Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for some ski recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking for a new pair of skis this season. I got new boots last year, Tecnica Dragon 110's, and noticed that my current pair of skis (volkl 4-stars) are now a bit limiting. They have quite some wear and tear on the bindings, and start flapping at faster speeds. So I'm looking for an upgrade.

Some info about myself. I consider myself a fairly advanced skier (about 60 ski days). I'm 175cm's (about 5'9"), around 90 kgs (200 pounds), though I plan to lose some of that Smile. In zillertal 3000 I can do all pistes, including the black ones, in a controlled fashion and with good technique. In Lech I had some issues with the more rough and bumpy skiroutes (something I plan to work on). I like to carve on the blues and less steep reds.

I'm looking for a ski that is very piste-oriented, I don't really go hors-piste regularly, except maybe a bit in the powder just to the side. The couple of times I did I just rented wider skis. I would like something that stays stable at higher speeds (not race speeds), but still does not force me to work hard all the time ; my girlfriend has only been skiing for about 10 days, and I'd like to be able to leisurely cruise along with her too. I'll be taking some private lessons this year, and I plan to focus on the more rough and bumpy terrain.

I was looking at the Rossignol Zenith Z76ti and the stoeckli o2, but that last one was a bit out of my price range...

Any advice ?

Thanks,

Nick
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Nick

First of all I will confess to being a fan of Stoeckli and have the Laser SC for on piste and Stormrider for off. Both fabulous and versatile skis in my opinion! Best bet by far would be to test before you buy - the Stoeckli test weekend details are on their website (only seems to be on the German version http://de.stoeckli.ch/main/events/stoeckliskitests/) Last year's models are usually available at a discount in the Swiss stores.

Otherwise think about renting until you find the best for you then buy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rent
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gatzby, the z76 is a really well behaved piste ski, I reckon you won't go far wrong with it, much better than earlier zenith skis, well not comparable really!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
quick update : bought the rossi z76 with 100 euro discount... the stoeckli's were 1000 euros with binding, just couldn't bring myself to it Smile

Will be testing them out on Sunday @ Silvretta, can still return them Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gatzby wrote:
the stoeckli's were 1000 euros with binding, just couldn't bring myself to it Smile

Wow. I think I bought my latest Stöcklis (Stormrider 95) for 695e and if anything I'd expect the O2 to be a bit cheaper. The Spirit Globes were around 600e 2-3 years ago.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HEAD Titan, my favourite ski of all time, can't go wrong. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Stoeckli sale is on....http://mag3.i-magazine.de/imag/Stoeckli_Top-Angebote_D/#/2 looks like stormrider xxl about 570 eur without binding for example.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skise wrote:

Wow. I think I bought my latest Stöcklis (Stormrider 95) for 695e and if anything I'd expect the O2 to be a bit cheaper. The Spirit Globes were around 600e 2-3 years ago.

Well, I went shopping for some odlo longjohns today (leaving tomorrow, and its effing cold...), and I saw lacroix skis in the same shop that were around 1600 E... maybe I should have just bought in Samnaun Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy