Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski in Europe for a month where would you base yourself?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sbooker wrote:
What is the real world drive time from Albertville to a bottom station of the 3 valleys on a normal weekday morning?

Where in Albertville ? I would allow about 40 minutes from the bypass to parking up in Les Menuires, similar to Courchevel 1300, maybe slightly less to Meribel.

Weekdays are less likely to have you stuck behind a tourist bus than on a Saturday morning.

I wouldn't choose to live in Albertville, there isn't anywhere particularly close to ski, I just know the timings from driving from the Val d'Arly to races elsewhere.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello all - - so we have officially decided (a year late) to spend Jan-April 2023 in Menthon St. Bernard, on Lake Annecy.
If anyone is in the area, and would like to share some tips, I'd be happy to tell you what I've learned over a beer.
Happy Ski Season to you all.
AJ
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we have spent the last few years skiing in France based in st gervais, times have varied form 5 weeks to 11 but have decided this will be our last year there and want to try Italy again, we have spent a week in Pila and one in arraba, would be happy in the Aosta valley or the dolomites will probably be for a month, what does anyone suggest as the best towns to stay in, we are good intermediates but do have some fairly new skiers to stay for a week, also need to be fairly easy to access from airports to collect visitors, not bothered about too much apres ski
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would go for Austria .. cos I like it best.
Then I'd look into getting a Tyrol Card
I think I would try and find somewhere to stay such as "Brixen im Thale", becaseu its right in the middle of a huge area that is great for intermediots etc.
You have Kitzbuhel not far away, or even take a train.
If you get the city urge its not too far from Innsbruck
not far to drive to Stubai glacier or even to Kaprun
The skiing that is available will easily keep you going for a month.
You could even see how far you can ski in a day via Westendorf, right up to Pass Thurn and get busses and trains back.
Or next day, go up the lift at Brixen over to Soll and the whole of the Wilder Kaiser area.
Another .. drive to Auffach and go over the hill there.
You could even stay or park at somewhere like Jenbach and do the whole of the Tuxertal

Wow! I'm getting excited about doing this myself!
I'll save the French places such as St Gervais for when I'm over 75 and can get a free ski pass. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Err... @US_EU has said he will be based in France. Italy or Austria aren't on the cards.

Lake Annecy is of course beautiful, though more of a summer destination. And Menthon is famous for its castle. I guess for skiing La Clusaz is the obvious resort, and while I haven't been there I have heard good things of it. It wouldn't be out of the question to drive to Espace Diamant, or Megeve for Evasion Mont Blanc (where we will be for bits of that time, based in St Gervais). My guess is you would have to book to stay over if you want to make visits to Tarentaise or Three Valleys resorts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chamonix, but that's just me. I think anyplace in the Mont Blanc region is likely to work for you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy