Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kithzbuel Alpen all star pass, what buses are covered

Poster: A snowHead
Kithzbuel Alpen all star pass, what buses are covered

Does anybody know if it is just a dedicated Ski Bus, that is covered by this pass, or does the pass cover you for "Post Bus"
Is the post bus the same as Ski Bus

We are hoping to use between Kirchberg and various part of Ski Welt
are there Ski Buses operating etween Ski Welt and Kirchberg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Saalbach, which is covered by the Kitzbuel Alpen all star pass, there are two types of bus; Ski Bus and Post Bus.
The Ski Bus runs between the various lifts and is covered by the lift pass. The Post Bus is the regular service that runs between the towns (in this case Hinterglemm-Saalbach-Maishofen-Zell am See) and is NOT covered by the All Star Pass (or the local ski pass). I suspect it is the same in the other resorts covered by the Pass.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
does the pass cover some of the train journey between resorts
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The KitzAlps web site says "Free ski bus use with the All Star Card according to terms for the relevant ski region.". I presume that does mean just the ski buses and not the Post buses. This page gives more details of the ski buses in the area. I think you should be able to use the route 'Wörgl-Hopfgarten im Brixental-Kitzbühel' to get you to Brixen for entry to the SkiWelt (Brixen->Söll, Scheffau, etc. on the north side, Brixen->Westendorf on the south side), although where it says "...only free as far as Brixen" it isn't clear to me whether that is from Kitzbühel/Kirchberg or from Wörgl (or in both directions). Note that many of the buses only run on workdays (usually Mon-Sat) and they don't run that frequently.

You could also get the ski bus going to Aschau from Kirchberg to take you to the KiWest lift and get into the Westendorf area from there (or ski from Kirchberg over to the Pengelstein I bottom station and take the same bus from there, though that would take longer).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
espri, mate of mine was told by a Westendorf local last week that the All Star card covered the bundes bus, would that be the post bus?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
does the pass cover some of the train journey between resorts

Apparently train covered between St Johann and Kirchberg/ Kitz 08:00 to 18:30

Not sure if other trains are covered, seems strange just St Johann and Kirchberg/ Kitz covered and not others ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got an email this am, from tourist board ;
"just post bueses run between Westendorf and Kirchberg, they are FOC" for lift pass holders

(I not sure, but I assume they run to Kitz as well)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
e.g. wrote:
espri, mate of mine was told by a Westendorf local last week that the All Star card covered the bundes bus, would that be the post bus?

I presume the Bundesbus is the Postbus. If you look at the timetables given by the second link on my earlier post, you will see that some of those buses (actually Postbuses) are also marked as Skibuses. My understanding is that these are the ones where the ski pass allows free travel (at times when skiers might travel all the buses are Skibuses).

As dublin1 says, it is also possible to travel between St. Johann and Kirchberg via Kitzbühel using the lift pass during the day. Whether that is very useful, I don't know, for the stations in St. Johann and Kirchberg are a bit away from the lifts. But in Kitzbühel the Hahnenkamm station is right by the gondola, so if you can get to the station in St. Johann or Kirchberg (and the train stops at the Hahnenkamm), it would be one way to travel.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Espri

The train at St Johann, it it walkable to the nearest ski lift, or is there a ski bus connection from train to lift

We will have ski boots on and carrying a set of skis

Thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dublin1 wrote:
Hi Espri

The train at St Johann, it it walkable to the nearest ski lift, or is there a ski bus connection from train to lift

We will have ski boots on and carrying a set of skis

Thanks

i haven't been yet to st johann (go on saturday) however looking at google maps train station looks to be about 200m from where i think the gondola is.. could be wrong tho.
doesn't look too bad a walk.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=St+Johann+in+Tirol,+Austria&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=47.514389,12.427683&spn=0.01942,0.049567&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=17.445083,50.756836&oq=st&vpsrc=6&hnear=St+Johann+in+Tirol,+Kitzb%C3%BChel+District,+Tyrol,+Austria&t=h&z=15
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thx Mugen
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dublin1 wrote:

Can't honestly answer that, never having done it. If there is a pedestrian tunnel that can bring you out on the south side of the station, it might not be too bad (though a bit more than 200m, I suspect). If there is no tunnel (or access from the tunnel to the Harschbichl gondola) and you have to walk down by the main street, it would be quite a long slog.

I would guess that the ski bus does call at the station but I'm not 100% sure.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I called in at the Harschbichlbahn in St. Johann today and asked about walking from the station. According to the lady there you have to take the route via the main street, which is quite a long way. The ÖBB web site seems to say that the foot route is 1 km and takes 12 minutes.

She also gave me a leaflet about the ski buses. Though I found it difficult to understand, I believe there is a ski bus from the station to the Harschbichl gondola at 08:48, 09:12, 09:48, 10:48 (and more). There may be other buses too that I haven't found. I guess you would be best to ask when you get there and, at the worst, you'll have to walk (or take a taxi).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One more thing: looking for the weather on the St. Johann web site just now, I found this page with a link to download the brochure I was given yesterday (the Fieberbrunn bus also runs from the station in St. Johann to the Harschbichl lift, 09:17, 10:17).

Snowing quite heavily here just now!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
espri wrote:
One more thing: looking for the weather on the St. Johann web site just now, I found this page with a link to download the brochure I was given yesterday (the Fieberbrunn bus also runs from the station in St. Johann to the Harschbichl lift, 09:17, 10:17).

Snowing quite heavily here just now!

espri your a mine of useful information. Thanks for all this info you provide.
in st johann tomorrow...
ski holidays
espri wrote:
The [url=http://www.allstarcard.at/en/informationgeneral-terms.html]I think you should be able to use the route 'Wörgl-Hopfgarten im Brixental-Kitzbühel' to get you to Brixen for entry to the SkiWelt (Brixen->Söll, Scheffau, etc. on the north side, Brixen->Westendorf on the south side), although where it says "...only free as far as Brixen" it isn't clear to me whether that is from Kitzbühel/Kirchberg or from Wörgl (or in both directions).

I think last year the timetbale stated it was only valid as a ski bus between Wörgl and Brixen, however this year there appeats to be no restriction listed on the time table, and they have a put the stop at Hahnenkamm back on this route (didn't stop at Hahnenkamm last year). Plenty of people using the bus for Kitzbühel/Kirchberg to Brixen earlier this month when I was there, so I don't know if the comment on the website is left over from last year!

dublin1 wrote:

When I've wanted to go and Ski S Johann by train, I've always got off at Oberndorf and used the Bauernpenzing gondola. It's much less of a walk!
ski holidays
currently in St johann and just back from kitz. gettting off at oberndorf is more sensible.

ski bus does stop at hahnenkamm but christ it was standing room only from kirchberg. anyway back tomorrow for more, then off the ellmau
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy