Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help for where to go in Feb (1xBeginner 1 x second time)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, me and my partner are looking to somewhere 18th of Febuary for a week..my OH is a beginner and I have been once before to mayrhofen for 9 days where on the final few days I progressed to challenging one black run with teachers from my school..however that was nearlly 10 years ago so I am going to be a bit rusty now.The problem I have is that we both do not want to be parted in the days so I was going to book beginner lessons for the both of us..is this a good idea? Secondly we are on a budget as we have a holiday booked for June we need to save some money for. At the moment I have been looking at arinsal and borovets..I know Borovets is a bit hit and miss with snow but am I right in thinking mid febuary is when they probably get their most snow? and also I have heard they have had some decent snow falls the last few weeks.With arinsal I really don't know if I could hack the four hour coach transfer times but for the right price I would probably consider it. Budget wise we are looking at no more than £600 each ideally halfboard. With everything including passes,lessons, equipment etc the best deals I have found in decent (tripadvisor) rated accomodation halfboard is Borovets= £502pp and Arinsal £550. Nightlife is not really that important but somewhere nice to eat out a night or two and have a small drink would be great. Pool would be great too but again not too important. So was just wondering if anyone could help me out please..maybe you know of some deals or suggest we dont go to these resorts.

Thanks in advance Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clangley175, welcome to SHs. snowHead

that's a very tight budget and in France, at any rate, it's absolutely peak holiday time and everything, including lessons, will tend to be v expensive. Your best bet of a holiday in France close to that budget is UCPA - you can get everything, including full board, for £650 and some of their centres (e.g. flaine) have double rooms at a small supplement. Look at Action Outdoors who sell holidays at UCPA centres as a package from the UK. However, the pistes will be very busy, which can be unnerving for beginners (and most other people, come to that). There are lots of Austrian based SHs who might be able to suggest something which gets near your budget, where it might be a bit quieter.

If you don't want to be parted during the day then yes, beginner lessons together will be the best bet - it will probably come back to you quite quickly, though!

Can't advise on Borovets or Andorra.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply pam and the welcome Smile... Yeah I know its very tight but we just got married christmas time and was going to wait till june for our honeymoon but we both really want to go skiing and don't want to wait till next year so haven't really had time to save. France and austria would be my first choices ..maybe next year though. Do you get deals on passes etc for the following year if you book out of season?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Im not really a fan of borovets however it does have a lot of snow atm and all runs are open unlike when I was there (only 3 runs open all week) and the hotels are very good for there price compared to the alps.

Out of Borovets and Arinsal I would normally always say arinsal however Andorra has not been blessed with all the snow that the alps and Bulgaria have had.

I would advise you spending a little be more and go somewhere in the alps, but if this is not possible Borovets.

BTW the transfer time to borovets is not much shorter than to arinsal
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers hutchy.
I read the transfer time to arinsal can be 4hours + and transfer to borovets is an hour to hour and a half :S

As its just and introduction to skiing for my partner and on the basis it has snow at the moment and that we will probably only need the green, blue and maybe some reds open I think it might just be Borovets I am looking for...on the plus to is that the hotels out there have swimming pool and low priced spa's etc.

While im at it and to save starting another thread..my partner and I been looking at going to lapland next winter and hopefully if she likes skiing we want to go to levi...anyone got any knowledge of this resort? the holiday wont be all skiing based but we like the idea of snow mobiling,dog sledding, log cabins etc
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You might want to take a look at Bansko. I was there a couple of years ago and whilst some of it does resemble a building site the ski area is pretty good with some great blues for your OH. Lessons, passes and eating out were really good value and if you can put up with the longish transfer from Sofia it might be worth a shot.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for reply ill look into it
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would only have one reservation with Bansko - at peak times the base gondola simply cannot cope. On a busy day you will be waiting anything up to three hours just to get onto the mountain. At non-peak times the place is great - cheap(er), good bars, good simple food, good skiing (if a bit limited for non-beginners).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy