Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Total?

Poster: A snowHead
petelife, If you thought Ski Total a let down, then I would not recommend Ski Val in St Anton either.

Best value, if somewhat middle of the road 4*-plus chalets, Ski World. At least they train their staff to do a job, not pretend to do a job.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep thanks we had a great experience with them a few years ago there. great food great staff and the Chalet Regina we had was vey good but modern - we liked that as a change!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
petelife wrote:
Never had cause to complain about a chalet company before but suggest you avoid this lot especially if you are expecting them to live up to the promise in the brochure.My friend and I had awful experience with them in St Anton Chalet Elfie followed by spectacularly dismissive experience with their guest relations department. We had appalling evening meals, poor cleaning minute towels and a dictatorial confrontational chef who criticised her employers her colleagues and the food and wine. Local chalet staff offered no solution other than "would you like to sit down with her?" why on earth would I? I was on holiday. Guest relations had no discussion with me and just presented a long list of excuses, half truths and worse and smugly suggested everyone else was happy there. My friend who had been with them before and the other eight people we shared a table with definitely weren't nor were others there. Happy to share their response so you can see how bad they are with anyone who is interested.

In contrast we went to Chalet Elfie in February and we were perfectly happy.

The evening meals were a bit mass produced, but the chalet sleeps 28 so its to be expected, and some of the dishes were very nice indeed. I was usually too full to eat dessert and while a cheese course wasn't on the chalet rota for every night the chef provided one for us anyway (with a couple of fantastic cheeses). The chef also made sure that the veggies in the group were well accommodated, plus another couple of our group who had food allergies.

All the staff in the chalet were really good too; young, but very helpful.

The wine was from bottles and not boxed, there were two choices of reds and two choices of whites, all very good (even a wine snob in our group found zero complaints and was genuinely surprised how good the wine was). Plus they were very liberal with how much wine we were allowed, we always had too much and they left a few bottles for us when they left.

On one night the chef also brought up a couple of bottle of spirits for us to get tucked in to. We also found her really good company, she stayed and had a few drinks with us after service on a few nights.

Personally, I don't want my chalet room cleaned every day and asked them not to (I'm perfectly capable of making my own bed), so I can't comment on the cleanliness other than that the rooms (which were absolutely massive) were perfectly clean on our arrival.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another voice in support of ST whom I have repeatedly found to be generally excellent. My only gripe is they seem to have been selling their chalets too effectively this season, so there have been no last minute bargains. Smile Sad

A 4* chalet is nothing like a 4* hotel. But the price is nothing like, either.

ST's food is very *English* indeed. But then food in restaurants in ski resorts is generally not that special anyway. All that blimmin' raclette, pizza, hot stone steak, etc. etc.

As to the poster above who was *complaining* that he wasn't having to pay for his own drinks in Courcheval at 10pm... ???
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Our worst ever ski-ing experience was with Ski Total in spring 2013. If you are thinking of booking with them (which I strongly advise against) you should make sure you read the small print in their T&Cs which include such get out clauses as:

facilities as lift, wi-fi, saunas, log fires, pools, TVs, and DVDs may become unserviceable during the season (they did!)

Bathrooms ... do not necessarily include a toilet (they did not!)

The pictures shown in the brochure and on the website are included for their style and general relevance and unless stated are not necessarily taken at the resort described

In other words they will not guarantee to provide anything described in the brochure or website
[color=green]
[/color]
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fenella, nice - green ink bold big text. Doesn't make you look like a nutter with an axe to grind at all.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fenella,
Why don't you gives us some more details, specific etc, then we can make a reasoned thought about what your gripes are
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sev112, fenella is also on another thread with another login slagging off Ski Total , not sure why someone would wait so long to have a flame attack. I've not stopped with Ski Total but many times with Esprit their sister operation and found them to more than adequate towards excellent.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

facilities as lift, wi-fi, saunas, log fires, pools, TVs, and DVDs may become unserviceable during the season (they did!)

Stuff breaks down, tough.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just reckon there'd be a health and safety issue from tripping over the toys scattered all around the prams.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
moffatross, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We went with Ski Total last Dec to Lech - Chalet Hotel Sonneck . The brochure was just plain wrong - it was way better than described. They seemed to take the photos in such a way so that the place did not look as good as it was eg the swimming pool looked small but was surprisingly large.

The staff were on the whole very good. Breakfast was at times inefficient and very slow - but it was only the second week of opening. The food for evening meals just got better and better. Wine surprisingly good quality too. Great ski hosting with a day out to Sonnenkopf being superb fun.

Only complaint was the drinks in the bar were expensive.
Overall, very good value for money and we will go with them again.

Finally - as parents with then under 13s - we actively like not having kids at dinner . If people insist that they must inflict their kids on unsuspecting adults then they can go elsewhere - ST make it very clear that under 13s are not to be there. The same applies with Esprit who also are a good operator imv.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booked with Ski Val to St Anton earlier tis year cos Ski Total were a bit of a let down the previous season. However, on reflection Ski Total were much much better. Just a pity the ST chalet staff were cretinous kiddies, their chalet/operation was vastly superior to Ski Val.

But, would I go with Ski Total again.......................... very doubtful. Skullie
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went with Ski Total last year (second week of December '12 to VT), first week that they were 'open for business' there.

The chalet was excellent - comfortable, clean and fairly spacious, especially the communal areas.
It was in the 'Balcons' complex, so infinity pool and gym/sauna free!

Chalet staff were poor generally (the only occasion in my experience when all the guests were unanimous in refusing to leave a tip).
Their cakes consistently failed to rise (the priapic pair didn't seem to have THAT problem during the week) and on more than one occasion the guests had to 'rescue' dinner - 'slow-cooked lamb shanks' were a spectacular failure - burning @ 3pm while 'cooking' on the hob??
The best thing that I can say about the edible food presented is that it filled a gap but I had curious cravings for salad when I came home. I'm a carnivore with omnivorous tendencies. Menu seriously lacking in vegetables apart from potatoes.

The Reps were wonderful, some of the most personable people I have met. They didn't promise anything that wasn't sorted within 24hrs and were great company (Geordie Jack and Little Emma, for reference purposes).
Neither guiding nor 'social skiing' was offered (for obvious reasons) but my brother and I spent a couple of excellent days's skiing with them...

WiFi was a let-down, however. Promised in the brochure, not available in the chalet.
Cost us €20 each to get it installed and (within 24hrs, granted) it was available - based on a 3G dongle plugged into the back of a router!
Slow and unreliable in a 12-person chalet would be a bit of an understatement.

Would I go with ST again? - Yes! Went with them again in March '13.
The price was right, the timings worked out and I had an excellent trip overall.
Fed in the morning, fed in the evening, plenty of dodgy vino, comfortable bed and awesome snow conditions.

I don't do Travel Operator (TO) chalet holidays for luxury, I do them for convenience (usually arranged within 7 days of departure, certainly last season!).
If you want 4* Accommodation and Michelin standard food then you have to pay for it.

All of the moans and groans on this thread could be applied to any Ski TO.
We have all had bad experiences from time-to-time: poor hosts, poor accommodation, didn't live up to my expectation etc., etc..

And my point is?
TOs sort out the flights, transfers, accommodation - hassle free.
Pay peanuts, get monkeys to provide chalet hosting. Not fair to most of the hosts I have holidayed with, but still payed peanuts.
If the food is lousy I can always eat out. Not felt like doing so in the last two years (3 and 4 weeks).
If the snow is good then is any of the above even relevant?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stayed at s ski total chalet-hotel Montfort in Lech last season.

Everything about it was excellent. Far above what I expected.

The staff and the quality of the food was really good.

Unfortunately it was not a 5* hotel but that was known before we went so expectations are adjusted appropriately.
snow conditions
stevew wrote:
sev112, fenella is also on another thread with another login slagging off Ski Total , not sure why someone would wait so long to have a flame attack. I've not stopped with Ski Total but many times with Esprit their sister operation and found them to more than adequate towards excellent.

bug .. I was trying to prompt a Pandora , wasn't attempting to be serious
Must have been away for too long

Ps we too with esprit, have done 7 trips with them without probs and with v happy daughter
Might have to forego this season though Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy