Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Could a Bali/Madrid/London attack happen in Meribel,Val d isere St Anton ?

Poster: A snowHead
Ever been in packed Apres Ski Bar with hundreads of RuckSacks just dumped anywhere ?

Just a thought Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, but most ski terrorists put bombs in bum bags or 'fanny packs' (US expression)

If you see this person please call the police immediately

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 8-09-05 10:50; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton, it's a possibility but most terrorists these days are non white and most skiers are white so the chances are that they'd be noticed, there are exceptions of course but it would be harder to accomplish than say bombing an area that had a bigger diversity of race and colour
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf, ouch!!!!! Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wengen should be safe this winter, but arm yourself with a
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton, You mean there could be a worse disaster than fluorescent romper suits and a cheese diet? A terrifying prospect if the 'Great and the Good' from these 'top' resorts were forced to flee in a huge diaspora to the havens of quiet good taste that Snowheads prefer.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cathy Coins, just simple facts, currently most terrorist acts in the western world are being performed by radical muslims or possibly the Basque seperatists (the IRA having basically stopped) the Basques will only affect you in Spain which leaves you with the radical Muslims, the vast majority of whom are not white, you only need to hear of stories from people who've been the only non white skiers in an area to realise how much such a face stands out in the alps, thus you are safer in the alps than you might be in London because people are more likely to notice a potential bomber
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, that's a Wenger knife not a genuine Victorinox Swiss Army Knife which I never travel to Switzerland without wink

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 8-09-05 10:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, Mr C is 'non-white', ie black, and is very often the only black person in the ski resort. Does he stand out then as a potential bomber? Should his rucksack be searched and not mine?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G O, you've definitely qualified as snowHeads' security correspondent. Please watch out for any suspicious individuals on the cog railway up to Kleine Scheidegg this winter.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cathy Coins, what I'm saying is that non white skiers stand out more as you will obviously have noticed, thus ski resorts are less likely to be targeted by non white bombers as they will be more likely to be noticed, terrorists only tend to opperate in areas where their actions draw little or no attention to themselves, thus ski resorts would be very low on the list of suitable targets. I'm sure Mr C has recived a lot of curious looks whilst skiing and arround the resorts you've stayed in, it is this sort of unwelcome attention that a terrorist will do their best to avoid
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
D G Orf, you don't go skiing in the southern French Alps then (not that you're ever likely too wink)... There are a lot of North Africans on the pistes these days.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
By the way speaking of Swiss Army Knives, Victorinox offer a very good service arrangement for your knife which if you are staying in Switzerland for more than one week is well worth taking advantage of, you can take your Victorinox knife to any of their bigger dealers and it will be sent to the factory for a full service and repair, depending on its condition you may as I did get a brand new identical knife back about a week later, the cost for this a couple of years ago was about £5 which is to cover the shipping costs
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, yes there are areas where you might be more at risk, but I think in general most ski resorts should be safe for now, the terrorists seem to prefer hitting larger cities where possible as it creates more potential targets, AQ in particular like to create multiple attacks at once which is hard to acomplish in smaller resorts
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf wrote:
By the way speaking of Swiss Army Knives

What about Swiss Army Bombs?
snow conditions
D G Orf, I think what I'm saying is that a terrorist can be any colour - even white people can be Muslims, if you're suggesting that's where the most likely terrorist threat comes from, and its a very dodgy route to go down to suggest that the colour of your skin can determine the likelihood of your being terrorist. You had said that 'most terrorists these days are non-white'.

As a mixed race couple we do not particularly notice funny or curious looks, if anything people are more likely to start chatting to him - perhaps to get him on their side before he mugs them wink . I think some Canadians find it funny to hear a black guy not speaking with an American accent.

Anyway, I didn't mean to make a big issue out of this - it's just that your original post really jarred with me.
ski holidays
Let's take DGO to the Notting Hill Carnival

Explosion-free this year, as per tradition
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, Laughing Laughing
latest report
David Goldsmith, not to the eyeballs Cool
ski holidays
Cathy Coins, I totally agree that a terrorist can be any colour, however at the moment almost all of the recent terrorist bombings have been carried out by non whites, this does not mean that the next attack could not be by a white person or that a white person could not also be a radical Muslim, nor does it mean that we should be suspicious of all non whites, far from it, if we go down that road it will lead us into racial hatred and persecution which will only lead to further terrorist attacks, all I am saying is that at the moment because the vast majority of bombings have been carried out by non whites you are at less risk in an area where non whites recieve greater attention than you are in an area where their appearence is more common.
latest report
Cathy Coins, Does he ask "does my bomb look big in this". Seriously though I think targeting specific racial groups is the only way to combat terrorism. Unfortunatley suicide bombers tend to fit a very narrow band of the human spectrum (with a few exceptions). Young (ish), and Asian. I do feel very sorry for the vast majority of people in this category that will feel victimised or marginalsed but what is the point in searching the bag of white middle class man with wife and 2.4 in tow.
snow report
"Targeting specific racial groups", countries with predominant religious groups, and countries with fictitious 'weapons of mass destruction' is actually an excellent way of increasing terrorism.

Let's talk skiing, and avalanche bombs.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, suffice it to say I disagree with your viewpoint, and agree with David Goldsmith.

Lets talk avalanche bombs Cool
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, very true, unfortunately now that the idiots in power have taken us down the road of regime change, (something that is actually illegal under the various conventions on war) we are now stuck in the situation where the biggest terrorist risk in the majority of Europe and the US, is from radical Muslim terrorists, the vast majority of whom are of Asian origin with a lesser proportion of African and a tiny preportion of Caucasian origin, I like Frosty the Snowman, feel very sorry for the vast majority of predominantly Asian people who will inevitably be regarded with suspicion due to the actions of a tiny minority of their fellow Asians. However it is human nature to be suspicious of things that have already hurt us thus I suspect that for some time to come people in the Asian community and to a lesser extent other non whites, resident in the UK will be regarded by many with a level of suspicion not previously present
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, the bombers that targeted London in July had more African or Afro-Caribbean among their number than Asian.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, Cathy Coins, My viewpoint is very much on a knife edge and will probably change by tommorrow.
snow report
Cathy Coins,
Quote:
people are more likely to start chatting to him - perhaps to get him on their side before he mugs them

Cunning. He charms them while you do a runner with their beer. Clever. wink
snow conditions
Funny if I was a terrorist looking to committ an outrage against white westerners - a busy resort like Val d'Isere full of capitalists and families would be an ideal target - lunchtime at the bottom of the main lifts up and near to eating places - full of people milling around...
And I would probably recruit a white muslim to do it... there's plenty of those around also...
Precisely because it would cause an outrage.
The only thing that maybe protects a ski resort is that the scale of death and injury may not be as high as targeting a populated city.

Just because its never happened doesn't mean it won't...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also, ski resorts don't tend to be classed as important to the infrastructure of a country. Targetting capital and major cities is far more effective as it targets a wider group of people, as well as disrupting services in the cities on a large scale. Ski resorts tend to be full of, well, skiers; and their operation isn't massively important to the country as a whole. Although obviously, these are just my views and rationalisations.
latest report
mark_s, Are you really trying to state that Ski-ing is not the be all and end all of human existance?

I think you should find a quiet corner and have a few choice words with yourself!!!!!!! wink
latest report
I was trying to make a serious point not just about Ruksacks but security in general as it is so easy to let your guard down when your having a good time.

These people strike where you least likely think they will.

Take Bali. I've been in both Paddy's & the Sari Bar where they struck. These bars were filled with Western Tourists (locals were not allowed in)
It took a Truck bomb in this case.

There are plenty of Bars with Roadside access filled with Western Tourists in Ski Resorts.

In General though I havent noticed any additional security in any ski areas that I have been to since 911 Sad
ski holidays
Forget muslim radicals with bombs in ruksacks, its Austrians in helicopters you want to lookout for. They are the greater threat!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
AD, Thats a bit strong.
latest report
is it still the case that black / asian people are very rarely seen on the slopes ??
snow report
Royal, you clearly don't ski in Klosters, where there's a substantial multi-ethnic population.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, Yeah, lots of Greco-Saxon inbreds.
ski holidays
Masque, is ther anyone that you do like wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Buy me more beer and I might like you Cool
ski holidays
Masque, I bet you say that to all the boys Shock
latest report
ginger winger, I know Embarassed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy