Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champagny en Vanoise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First post, apologies if incorrect - have booked Champagny en Vanoise for long weekend, 1 Mar to 5 Mar, and used this site for reviews of the resort so thanks. Have booked a car from Geneva as transfers seemed more expensive, if anyone needs a lift on these dates let me know, only two of us but it is the cheapest/smallest car available.

Any reports on Champagny regarding the best runs or the best restaurants appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skippyman, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead

Quite a few threads already exist about Champagny with loads of information:

This years snow report http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80892&highlight=

Details about the resort http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53015&highlight=

Lift pass information http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=81248&highlight=

Transfers and directions http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80170&highlight=

Where to park http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80170&highlight=

Anything you can't find in there just ask.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks skichamp, I had seen some of these but not all. Just got an email back from Mountan Sun Ltd about availability at double room at Chalet Mazot, Les Coches, Paradiski, 3 nights 2nd – 5th March @ £219 per person or 4 nights 2nd – 6th March @ £269 per person

The price includes Geneva transfers (collecting around 19:30 outwards and leaving resort around 16:00 return to serve flights after 20:30 or the following morning) and 3 or 4 nights catered accommodation (hot late supper on arrival, breakfast and afternoon tea with homemade cakes daily and a three course dinner with free flowing wine on other nights of your stay.

I don't work for them, just copied this from the mail I got, but noting it because this seems a good price and we couldn't find a lot of weekend stuff, I would have booked this if they had got back to me sooner but I went into their junk mail apparently. Hopefully someone else gets a good deal, although I have no idea what the resot is like.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are off to Champagny for half term. The local French ski school has split its day into three classes instead of two during the half term, we were a bit shocked by this as we've not experienced this before. Is there another ski school elswhere that I could get my kids to in the morning fairly easily from Champagny who have longer lessons ? The kids are both competant skiers and we don't mind commuting but the lesson is only about two hours long now, not really much time for us to go skiing ourselves. Thanks and sorry for the hijack Skippyman,
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty, Could you not book them into full day lessons and maybe take them out early on some days? It is not that much more for full day lessons than morning lessons.

If not you could look at what is available in either Plagne Centre, Plagne Bellecote or Belle Plagne, they are all easily accessible on skis from Champagny.
ESF are the only ski school in Champagny but there are plenty of other ski schools in the other villages, just use google.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want me to submit another post I will but can anyone, and i am probably looking at skichamp here, tell me the best route to drive to Champagny from Geneva airport please? Google maps give me two main routes, both go to Annecy first then either down the side of Lake Annecy via D1508 to Alvertville and the N90, a total 137km and 2hrs 7 mins, or a longer route of 186 km, just 9 mins longer, that goes the other way at Annecy and takes the A41 then E712 via Chambery, any idea which will be easier? Not too bothered by driving over there but I'd rather be on dual carriageways than little roads I guess.

Any thoughts appreciated.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skippyman, If you want to go on dual carriageways / autoroute the best way is the one that takes you via Chambery. It is all autoroute / dual carriageway from Geneva to Moutiers if you take that route. You can probably do it a bit quicker than that on a clear run, even sticking to the speed limits.

The other route via the lake at Annecy is more scenic and a bit cheaper (no toll from Annecy) but you have a few traffic lights and rounabouts to negociate going through Annecy. It is single carriageway most of the way from Annecy to Albertville and you can be delayed if you are stuck behind something slow.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skippyman, PS. If you are using a SATNAV be careful what you enter. Somebody who stayed in our apartment was travelling from Geneva and just enetred Champagny into their SATNAV. They eneded up near Dijon before they realised they were going in the wrong direction and it added about 5 hours onto their journey.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skippyman,
The trip around the lake is the better option if you know the road and if you think it is a trip you will make again in the future it is probably worth working it out. If not, the Chambery route will be easier to navigate.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Somebody who stayed in our apartment was travelling from Geneva and just enetred Champagny into their SATNAV. They eneded up near Dijon before they realised they were going in the wrong direction and it added about 5 hours onto their journey.

Laughing engage SATNAV, disengage brain.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all for replies - I like the idea of the shorter lake journey but it will be Friday night, 6.30pm, when we leave Geneva so maybe the longer, easier to navigate route will be the wise choice in the dark. When we return it will be 5am so barain may be difficult to engage and arguments looming if we are trying to navigate the lake then! SATNAV is a lazy tool, I resisited for years but tend to get one when abroad. Thanks!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skippyman, Stick to the motorway and go via Chambery. You would be mad to try the Annecy route on your first trip to save a few pennies. With the new(ish) dual carriageway out of Geneva to Annecy at 6.30pm on a Friday you will make good progress. Enjoy your trip.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy