Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Graham Bell's new nevisca jacket ...

Poster: A snowHead
Do you think the stripey one wore out within a week and he needed a new one

or perhaps people tol dhim that it wasnt very nice

Or it wasnt very warm

Or maybe he's got teh whole collection
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I want the striped one. Cool

Might take the plunge.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i looked at them on Sat - i thought teh trousers looked rather baggy, and seeing them on GB i was right
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or just good old fashioned product placement! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And why does he have his Contour facing backwards and have no poles but carry a mahoosive handheld down the WC Wengen piste?!! Must be a good reason can someone enlighten me.......it'll be the same next weekend on Hahnenkamm, why??
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
YELLOW trousers - eeyyuucckk!! Bloke wearing them - mmmmmmm!! wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sev112 wrote:
Do you think the stripey one wore out within a week and he needed a new one
or perhaps people tol dhim that it wasnt very nice
Or it wasnt very warm
Or maybe he's got teh whole collection
I think he's wearing them for a bet! Laughing Or more probably they are freebies as a sponsor probably supplied them. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29, there was a couple of quick cuts to view the course behind GB,s head,to show what he had jsut come down.

The mahoosive camera is a professional peice of kit which probably knock spots off the average POV helmet cam.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 15-01-12 21:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice bit of continuity to have the race section and Cairngorm piece in the same snazzy pants. Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They are obviously a sponsor item, as we had this debate last week on here about the stripey version, hence my Q as to whether he is going to model the whole Mike Ashley range this series NehNeh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's 'Nevica'.

Haven't we been through this... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84680

Sorry. Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I liked Ed's jacket!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Feast,

yes we have - this was a separate contemporary thread taking account of his "new" black Nevica jacket, and i know i cant tpye
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Two years ago when he was doing High Altitude he was obviously being sponsored by Peak Performance as he seemed to be constantly draped in their gear.

How the mighty have fallen !
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing I suspect he may be getting more out of the deal then a £45 ski jacket.
snow report
ledge wrote:
Laughing I suspect he may be getting more out of the deal then a £45 ski jacket.

Mmmm and this is what the BBC say

Product placement is the inclusion of, or a reference to, a product or service in return for payment or any consideration in kind. The taking of product placement for licence fee funded services is prohibited under the terms of the BBC Agreement.

The BBC must not commission, produce or co-produce output for its licence fee funded services which contains product placement. All programmes made by the BBC or an independent producer for broadcast on BBC licence fee funded services must be free of product placement.
snow report
At the last winter Olympics there was an outrage (at least in the Daily Mail) as all the presenters wore Kjus jackets and "may be breaking strict product placement rules and effectively giving the brand free advertising". It's interesting that when the Chris Moyles radio show is streamed they all take take care to wear clothes that are not branded. Haven't felt the need to rush out and buy one of Graham's jackets yet.
snow conditions
Graham tweeted last year that he was glad to be involved in the re-launch of the Nevica brand.
Nevica was bought by sports direct last year (I think) so I guess that Mike Askley is paying Graham a bob or two to wear his kit in the hope that we will all rush out and buy one !
snow report
hedley wrote:

The mahoosive camera is a professional peice of kit which probably knock spots off the average POV helmet cam.

You say that, but watching the footage I was thinking "I get better stuff out of my Gopro" and Youtube can stabilise my videos, why can't the BBC? Laughing I don't get why they don't just strap 5 Gopros to him and cut the footage together into a nice sequence instead of one video thats got more wobble than gran after a couple of sherries.
latest report
I think the camera person should ski backwards, just in front to get the best view... snowHead
latest report
harrim51 wrote:
I think the camera person should ski backwards, just in front to get the best view... snowHead

Why not just do it like they do on the Tour de France? One guy driving the motorbike in front, cameraman pointing backwards on the back? If you had a motorbike you could definitely stay in front of him on his relaxed run down the course, and the suspension would even out all those bumps.
ski holidays
I actually quite liked this jacket when I saw it on ski Sunday then you lot put me off it, with it's Mike Ashley heritage and all. Embarassed OK I'll get me coat...(or maybe not).. Very Happy
ski holidays
Phil_D wrote:
At the last winter Olympics there was an outrage (at least in the Daily Mail) as all the presenters wore Kjus jackets

I was wondering at the time what brand those jackets were. They were some great looking jackets. I just googled Kjus...... looks like I won't ever be getting one of those.

ski holidays
Monium wrote:
harrim51 wrote:

Why not just do it like they do on the Tour de France? One guy driving the motorbike in front, cameraman pointing backwards on the back? If you had a motorbike you could definitely stay in front of him on his relaxed run down the course, and the suspension would even out all those bumps.

Oh don't be stupid ....

A quad bike possibly, or an Audi Quattro just like in Top Gear Wink
ski holidays
Quote:

looks like I won't ever be getting one of those

There are way out of my price bracket as well
snow conditions
andyhumph I've got to agree with you 100%. I actually quite liked the jacket and the idea of a re-launched Nevica. But all this Mike Ashley chat and the burger-munching chavvy links has rather put me off....
snow report
The jacket may have been Nevica, but the trousers were Quicksilver. It all looks a bit cheap to me.
snow conditions
Check out the sports direct website . They have got some very cheap nevica gear.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-ski-jacket-mens-403015?colcode=40301592

dont know if this is Mr Bells jacket. ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nevica was hardly cool originally, just up from C&A
ski holidays
TROUBLE wrote:
Check out the sports direct website . They have got some very cheap nevica gear.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-ski-jacket-mens-403015?colcode=40301592

dont know if this is Mr Bells jacket. ?

I see that jacket comes complete with a Snow Baiter. That's not a feature that you see on many ski jackets and I think Nevica should be applauded for their innovation.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy