Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montenegro

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there any skiing in the Adriatic coastal country of Montenegro?

If there is, and it I read somewhere that there is skiing there, but the facilities and resorts surely cannot be that good?. Has any skied there or any any information about skiing in the small country?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess there is, but limited. I have hiked in their highest mountain called Durmitor summertime and the scenery is as beautiful as anywhere in the Alps, but the facilities for skiing is not ideal. We stayed in a town called Zabljak which is supposed to be the ski center of the mountain as they claim. This place seems to be waiting for investors. I do not know the reason why almost all the investments go into only Bulgaria in Eastern Europe?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a quick google produces this - kopaonik - a very small resort of 44kms - has anyone been there - it looks very pretty from the winter set of pictures.

http://www.kopaonik.net/eng/_html/sports.html

From an investment point of view looks a better prospect, although a much higher risk proposition, than Bulgaria provided it comes into the EU at some time in the future.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hibernia wrote:
a quick google produces this - kopaonik - a very small resort of 44kms - has anyone been there - it looks very pretty from the winter set of pictures.

http://www.kopaonik.net/eng/_html/sports.html

From an investment point of view looks a better prospect, although a much higher risk proposition, than Bulgaria provided it comes into the EU at some time in the future.

Last three years Kopaonik has very big investments. I think in coming years it will be one of the best ski centers in this part of Europe. You can see my pictures of Kopaonik at: http://ept.kg.ac.yu/kopaonik
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are three ski areas in Montenegro; Zabljak, Kolasin and Niksic. Niksic and Kolasin are about an hour form the capital and Zabljak about three and half hours.

Although Zabljak is stunningly scencic place, in the Durmitor national park, the skiing is limited and not very comfortable. The main ski area is about 3km out of town and consists of four lifts, all from the eighties and slow, the range is from 1500 to 2200 and the longest run is about 4km.

The top of the run is steep and narrow and poorly pisted and although marked as a red is quite a vicious black. Views are amazing and you can see all over the 1400 metre high durmitor plateau.

Kolasin ski area is about 8km from the town, which in itself is nothing to look at, it consists of one longish chair and a couple of drags. The range is 1400 to 1800 and the main run is a casual red. There is no hotels near and really only a day trip would be recomended.

Snow cover in both resorts is always good late Dec to April.

I was never in the Niksic resort but heard bad things about it. It is a day tripper by all accounts.

The govt is in the process of privitasing the hotels and ski lifts in zabljak and have drawn up a master plan for huge development of Zabljak as a international budget resort. However aside from serious problems related to roads, electrity, lack of water, hotel capacity and decent gradients there is the warning that came from UNESCO that any plan to put more skilifts in the area will result in them losing their World Heritage Site status. In addition the UNDP commissioned a report from Deloitte and Touche deloitte who slammed the plan saying it was utterly financially unrealistic. Its a interestimng response to the govt plan as adopted http://www2.undp.org.yu/montenegro/files/Events/SD-Round_table-Mountain_tourism/English/Bennett%20review%20of%20Mountain%20Tourism%20Programe%20Revised%2017%20May%202005.doc

There is an alternative plan to build a brand new resort near Kolasin.

BTW Kapaonik is in Serbia and a six hour drive from the capital of Montenegro.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stevs, Your pix are great, even if the resort is in a different country! Looks like sooooooo serious powder in March ...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy