Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Video Editing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I was in Val D'Isere earlier this season and took a bit of footage with a point and shoot, thought i'd have a go at stitching it together. Never done this before, constructive criticism welcome!!!!

http://youtube.com/v/m_5myb0nk-A[/url]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't use digital zoom, just get closer, I use a gopro and am sometimes need the camera a foot away from the persons body, instead of holding it in your hand(which i assume you did) get either a pole or a tripod and that will remove some of the shakiness. Great detail in the snow, and pretty well put together, GJ!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
which editing software did you use?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks mag, I did just hold it in my hand but there is no digital zoom used until post production. Thanks for the pole tip, I will give it a go.

@Feast I used Pinnacle Studio 14, and (As much as I hate to admit it) Windows Movie Maker for the credits. (My version of pinnacle has no credits maker....)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Pinnacle Video Spin V2 it's mostly free unless you want all the mpeg codecs. Here's the link.

http://apps.pinnaclesys.com/cdb/register/enter.aspx?checkRegistration=1&langue_id=7&supportFileID=35254&productid=2961

or just http://www.videospin.com/uk/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nothing wrong with Windows Movie Maker for knocking up some edits. Super easy to use interface and it has enough features for most amatuer edits. Have used it and also iMovie which I didn't particularly like. Must try out ^Pinnacle as mentioned to see the difference. I think whichever program you use, so long as you have a decent grasp on what it offers then you can knock up a good edit.

Always amazes me just how much raw footage is needed to create a decent few minutes of quality film.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I find it's always nice to have some of the background sound mixed in with the audio track to add a bit of atmosphere. Not at too high a level, but just enough to give some of the sense of speed etc. Also good to slow down panning shots when taking them as it always seems much quicker on playback =)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dave2811 wrote:
I find it's always nice to have some of the background sound mixed in with the audio track to add a bit of atmosphere. Not at too high a level, but just enough to give some of the sense of speed etc. Also good to slow down panning shots when taking them as it always seems much quicker on playback =)

Cheers, I was considering adding background audio, but I was somewhat footage shy! Majority of audio is just wind rustle...

Quote:
Always amazes me just how much raw footage is needed to create a decent few minutes of quality film.

Yep. I thought it was a miracle i had enough to put this together, would as always prefer to have some more! (Have close to 5x the amount of footage than actually went in!)[/quote]
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy