Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flowriding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey

Just wondered if there are snowHead out there who also do/tried Flowriding?

Though it looks like surfing, I am told it is much more like snowboarding but I'm a skiier!! Puzzled

I flow ride quite often and love it as I am very lucky to have one near my home town and one of my friends is an instructor, I would never pay the full £30/h, they have various offers/mates rates £15!

Now I (try to) surf, but would say it is much more stable than flowriding (but I guess it depends on the board, I have a nice easy fatboy!), but have never tried snowboarding, though I do keep meaning to give it a go!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 25-01-12 16:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like the surfing equivalent of skiing in a snowdome.

If you surf, you can already snowboard - all the surfers I know have just got on the board and got on with it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Two snowboard lessons and you will be fine.
We have a couple of flowriders (in AU), but most sessions are bodyboard not standup. Still fun.
Skateboarders seem to have the biggest advantage as beginners-intermediates.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going to the one in Castleford next week - looking forward to it.

My friend lives in Singapore and goes to the one on Sentosa Island quite a lot and says its quite like skatboarding / surfing / snowboarding / wakeboarding but not really like any of them!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The body board sessions are great fun.

The sand up sessions are challenging, but once you get the hang of it! fantastic, the only downside is the time and cost. I was fortunate to have a lot of solo time in the middle of the Atlantic on one to hone my skills. What ever you do though. its great fun....just remember to wear shorts that tie up securely...ive seen many a pair whipped clean off before!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to the flowrider at CasVegas last night. The body boarding was ok, standing up was really good fun. Quite a different feeling to any board sports I've tried before, stance a lot narrower and weight and control through the back foot which felt a bit odd as I'm used to snowboarding. I thought it was a lot harder than wakeboarding too!

There were only the 4 of us in the session which was good and it woudl be ok up to about 6 people but 12 is the max they will book in and that would just be awful; too little water time and too much waiting on the side getting cold.

We paid £20 nus / £30 nus for an hour which was good value for the 4 of us. Terrible value at full price of £30 / £40 if there are 6-12 in a group. Hoping to go next week but won't bother booking, will ring to see how many people are booked in to see if its worth going down.

I'd def recomoend going, but only if the session isn't full Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Never even heard of it!!! What is this witchcraft Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy