Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

13 week improver course snowskool

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I literly joined this forum in the last 5 minutes, so im not sure if this is in the right place....

Im deffinately going to do a season in my gap year, but im not sure what to do,
I saw this course on snowskool.com, looks great! Bit pricey but looks great! I was wondering if anyone has done it or is doing and could give me some pointers? Ive had about 20ish weeks on the snow, but i really want to get good.... can anyone have any knowledge about this course? I would really appreciate it! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suspect that you will not be studying English ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When you click the 'Dates and prices' link you see a woman screaming, when you scroll down and see the prices for yourself, you start screaming.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My son did this course and had a great time. He got CASI levels 1 and 2 snowboarding and Park Instructor level 1 along with avi training and first aid training. It is pricey but the tuition is good. You are fed 5 days a week but must buy your own food at weekends apparently. The social side was excellent he said. He is now a snowboard tutor at Mount Norquay in Banff and loves it. They were a reliable and helpful company and you can also choose to do a course in Europe (Val I think) which would give you a European instructor qualification which might be more useful if you want to work in Europe eventually. Good luck with it if you decide to do it. Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 20-01-12 18:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey Tom

Pricey but looks like a good course, go for it sure you'll have a blast

Sequoiaboard - Didn't reliase you had to be a scholar to post and reply on here

Matt
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tomsteele, welcome to SHs. snowHead I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful suggestions and hopefully not too many arsey ones.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey Tom,

I went on the Snowskool 13 week course in Banff last winter, had a fantastic time and got my CSIA levels 1 and 2 and also Avalanche level 1. If you have any questions just PM me - I'd be happy to help.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Tom

I did a season with Nonstop in Fernie and loved it, but after adding up how much I spent for 11 weeks including beer money, extra food and the cost of the course, it worked out at about 12k !

Having said that, I got a job teaching skiing the following season, so it was worth doing.

However, after teaching in Canada for 3 seasons, I meet a lot of people that came to the resort to work, lifties,catering assistants, barmen ect, that took their CSIA/CASI while there, and passed, without it costing them a fortune.

Either way have a great time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for the get a job in resort and train in your free time. The ski school will probably let you shadow lessons as well and if it goes well you might be able to transfer into ski school full time.

Obviously this is easier at smaller resorts. Somewhere like Whistler or Big White it could be harder just because they have huge operations. If you start from a good level and train when you can (most ski schools offer compulsory training which you should be able to get in on.)

There's no reason with the right attitude and hard work you can't end up with the same qualifications as the 7k but you'll be working to offset the cost and getting real world experience which helps getting hired the following year.

If you've got a ton of cash spare the all in courses are socially a lot of fun (friend did one last winter), I didn't have the cash so did it the above method.

Good luck whatever you choose, if I can help or offer any more advice just PM me.

Gregg
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks, guys! Sorry for the late response, im part of the rfuk forum and expect an email when someone replies. :S Happy thanks for the ideas about the 'do it yourself' idea, my dad (who used to be a ski tour rep for schools) said it would be hard to get it alot cheaper with th amount of tuition etc. And, since my mum works for BA i can use one of her free tickets XD woo. I got lucky XP. Emailed snowskool and they said they would knock it off. They also said they wont be doing this course any more due to lack of interest. Sad so i looked more in depth at the instructor course 13 weeks. Sounds great, and i could get maybe get a job for the rest of the season, and start paying a bit off (its not gonna be alot, but its a start) Wink. Ive heard nothing but good reviews, the people responded super duper quick! And you guys convinced me. I know its a lot of money, but its a hell of an experience i guess. And if it gets me some qualifications and opens some doors, well, thats a bonus Happy

Oh and expect to get some pms haha XD

Thanks, Tom
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sequoiaboard wrote:
I suspect that you will not be studying English ?

Haha! No, hopefully Zoology XP

And, i forgot to check what i had written. I write like a nonce XP
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tomsteele, check your settings, I get emails from this website when someone replies.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hey Tom,

Glad to hear you've made the decision to go for the season - I had a great time with Snowskool! One thing from your last post, the Snowskool 13 week courses begin around January 6th/7th and ends mid April. By this time I doubt there will be any Ski schools looking to hire as the season is winding down.. but you could always try NZ/Australia and do back to back seasons! Best of luck!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy