Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anybody tell me about the Altibus?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering has anybody used the altibus from Geneva to Courchevel and how was the trip? Any problems?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rachel R, not from Geneva to Courchevel but from Moutiers to Val Thorens countless times with no problems. I think of it as the 'National Express' of skiing - get you where you're going.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rachel, Alibus are reliable and run frequently (hourly on Saturdays) with plenty of room for bags and skis. However, the expentsive bit is getting from Geneva to your chosen valley. Flowa is correct when he says it is the National Express of skiing provided you are travelling from a Railhead. Geneva to Moutiers by train will cost you €50 for example, plus the bus fare up the hill.

This link shows you the timings and prices to Courcheval. http://www.alpski-bus.com/index.aspx?rgd=ALP31&rga=ALP39

The 'Private' hire companies will charge you roughly the same for a seat on a shared minibus.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used this from Geneva to Courchevel 1850 last year. Paid at the airport and was able to catch the next one shortly after. The marshalls putting people onto the right coaches seemed to struggle amid the throng of passengers and bags. The drop off point was outside the transport office where you confirm your return place 48 hours before departure.
The return was 'interesting'. Resort pickup was fine and we collected more down the mountain en route to Moutiers. The coach swap at Moutiers was meant to be brief, but they were having problems with delays, and getting information was difficult. The first coach to Geneva came in with many passengers already on board, so did the second, and by now many were deeply concerned about missing their flights. I got on the third coach, having failed to win the 'bun fight' for the first two.
On the plus side I had a nice coffee and croissant at the little cafe in the bus terminal at Moutiers. As I was flying with Swiss on a later scheduled flight, I even managed to get on their earlier flight home!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Altibus used to be reliable, but not any more. They seem to have adopted the policy of dumping passengers half way through their journeys when it suits them. Happened to me and to other people - have a google. They sold us through tickets from the resort to the airport, changing at Moutiers. The bus down from the resort was delayed, so we missed the connection. They did absolutely nothing - there was nobody from Altibus at Moutiers and no information, and no other bus that day. We had to get a taxi which cost several hundred Euros. Altibus won't apologise or refund the taxi fare. They say they will refund the bus fare for the bus we didn't get to take, but this doesn't make them "reliable" in my book! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are 2 transfer companies I have found in Courchevel 3Vtransfers & evasiontravel-----both are reasonable if you are lucky to coincide with enough others to fill the bus but if the bus is half empty its expensive---you could call them and find out how many are already booked on your chosen bus to get a max price and if more book later it will come down---that way you dont have to struggle with getting to moutiers --even car hire can be booked in moutiers and dropped off at Geneva---I hope you get lucky--what date are you interested in? i might have some guests to share with you
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy